Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Another barry soetoro policy about to get overturned (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53192)

doctom54 01-23-2018 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brush Okie (Post 638991)

So we are back to square one. 99% of medical pot is for bullshit reasons that people want to get high. The other 1% that get real relief from it are being treated by a quack that should have their license to practice revoked.

Couple other points.

Same rules go for drunks

Yes I did use a narcotic for an example on purpose.

I would say 80% bullshit vs 20% benefit.

Chucko 01-23-2018 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brush Okie (Post 639001)
The numbers may change but does not change the fact that, using your numbers 20% of the people with a real medical problem are not given proper directions and substandard medical care on their "medication" The doctors that swear an oath and have a DEA card as part of their job are violating federal law and their oath.

Think of it this way. When was the last time you got a prescription pain medication? What would you do if the doctor told you or your loved one that was injured and in sever pain said go take Oxycontin. Not how much, how often or how long just take some. Now add that some of the Oxy are 10mg and others are 100 mg. They are not marked how strong they are, they are just mixed in together so when you take a pill it is a random dose and no way to tell what the strength is. That is exactly what the medical marijuana prescriptions are.

Don't get me wrong. I am for legalize the shit for other reasons than I think it is healthy, but lets look at the issue and do a no shit analysis of the problem. BTW even if it was legal all over (it is in this state) I would not smoke it. I have made it over 50 years without the shit I can make it just fine the rest of my life.

That makes sense.
Med MJ needs to be regulated in specific doses for doctors to use it for specific outcomes. I don't know if that can happen, no expert.

I do know for a fact you can light up a MJ and it might have a minute effect for a short while, or almost none. You can grab a different one the next day and it will floor you for a few hours. How do you explain that to your boss when you just stepped out for a quicky and now you are stoned.

Explain that to Mr LEO when he pulls you over that it should not have affected you like that.

Mustang Man 01-23-2018 22:00

Legal weed is the last thing our dumbed down Ameriburger population needs.

That being said. I hate Big Pharma and I love how threatened they are by legal weed. Some doctors nowadays are practically legal drug dealers for them. Big Pharma shoving Adderal, Oxcotiin, Anti-Depreants, and other "fine" drugs down America's throat has probably done as much damage if not more than what legal weed would do.

Just because something is legal doesn't make it good, just because something is illegal doesn't make it bad. Either way it's quite sad how dependant Americans are on legal and illegal drugs.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®