Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Gear (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What do you carry in your second line? (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761)

NousDefionsDoc 03-02-2004 22:05

I know what they supposedly are. What I want to know is when did they get to be called that and where it came from.

You really do want an avatar don't you?

The Reaper 03-02-2004 22:16

I smell a Johnny Depp, Gay Pirate avatar being readied!

Avast there, ye' landlubbers! Har!!

TR

BadMuther 03-02-2004 22:43

1 Attachment(s)
Did GAP's post hit a little close to home NDD? I thought it was funny. :D


Here ya go GAP....

Psywar1-0 03-02-2004 23:29

Now your going to make me go find a TV and VCR, go thru a credit check to rent the movie to see if Im offended.

BadMuther 03-02-2004 23:59

Quote:

Originally posted by Psywar1-0
Now your going to make me go find a TV and VCR, go thru a credit check to rent the movie to see if Im offended.
It actually wasn't half bad, tho I hate Johnny Depp...wait, did I just say that outloud?

Let's see......Johnny Depp.....Gringo Butt Pirate...

Psywar.....Gringo Air Pirate......

Close enough? You make the call! ;)

pbr549xxx 03-03-2004 02:12

Quote:

Originally posted by woobie master
PBR-I know you from mil.com, right?

What is....

with BII..what is BII?

ICOM Radio Compass....

Not familiar with that...a compass and a radio?

Drop leg pouch for expended mags.....

I use my rack leg pouch for that too.....

Camelbak......

small one in your rack? Or a big one on your back?

Sorry, I guess I should have proof read my post LOL. BII is just what was mentioned in one of the above posts, for my PVS14s, its the rhino mount and the attaching arm. The ICOM Radio and compass are two separate things, sorry for the confusion.

BadMuther 03-03-2004 08:27

Quote:

Originally posted by pbr549xxx
Sorry, I guess I should have proof read my post LOL. BII is just what was mentioned in one of the above posts, for my PVS14s, its the rhino mount and the attaching arm. The ICOM Radio and compass are two separate things, sorry for the confusion.
Damn dude, I was searching ICOM's site (which sucks, and is hard to navigate) looking all over for a radio compass!!! I thought it might be similiar to a Rhino GPS/Radio. :D

The Reaper 03-03-2004 11:23

Second Line/L2 Gear
 
What do you carry in your second line?

Here is what I carry in my second line, suitable for an old FOG living and fighting for a brief period with the gear.

HTH

TR

2nd Line Gear

MLCS w/ SAPI Insert and the following pouches:
3x3 M-4 mags
4x M-9 mags
Radio Pouch w/ Radio
1st Aid Pouch with 1st Aid supplies
Loppy
2x Frag Grenades
100 oz. Hydration Bladder w/ Ziplocs and trash bags in sleeve

Medium Paraclete Zippered Pouch and Fugly for Misc. Items Below:
(Need an insert/organizer for the Paraclete pouch)

Silva Ranger
Mini-Vise Grips, Pointed
550 cord 20’
Trip Wire on spool
Snare wire
DMT Diafold sharpener
Otis Cleaning Kit
Small tube Graphite Lube
Mini Snap Links
Survival Saw
½ Hacksaw Blade wrapped in 100 mph tape
Surefire 6P with High Output bulb and IR Filter
Spare batteries
Camo Stick with 100mph tape wrap 6’
Bug Juice
Survival mosquito headnet
Signal mirror
Aviator’s Signal Panel
Pen Flares
Chem-lites
MRE Spoon with electrical tape wrap 1’
Butane Lighter with 100mph tape wrap 1’
Magnesium stick with flint striker
Platypus 500ml bladder
Water Purification Tabs
Lickies and Chewies
Toothbrush
Emergency fishing kit
Space Blanket
Hand Wipes
Cravat
Toilet paper from MRE Pack
Permanent alcohol pens

Attached to MLCS:
Pace count beads
Strobe
Mini-Binos
GPS
Smoke Grenade
Survival Kit
Gloves
Snap Links, 2
12’ 1” Tubular Nylon Webbing

ktek01 03-03-2004 11:55

Quote:

Originally posted by woobie master
Damn dude, I was searching ICOM's site (which sucks, and is hard to navigate) looking all over for a radio compass!!!
woobie heard radio compass and all he could think was "Radio compass, oooh that sounds high speed, I want one, I want one, I want one, I want one." Sorry dude, gotta have -10 clearance to rate a radio compass.

:D

BadMuther 03-03-2004 22:41

I hear ya KTEK....

Reaper,

Damn Sir, I have seen pics of your MLCS elsewhere on the site, but I didn't know you carried all that in it! That was the kind of info I was looking for when I started this thread. Thank you.

After reading that, I have to ask, what are you carrying on your person/1st line? Do you use a multi-tool?

The Reaper 03-04-2004 06:52

Quote:

Originally posted by woobie master
I hear ya KTEK....

Reaper,

Damn Sir, I have seen pics of your MLCS elsewhere on the site, but I didn't know you carried all that in it! That was the kind of info I was looking for when I started this thread. Thank you.

After reading that, I have to ask, what are you carrying on your person/1st line? Do you use a multi-tool?


A lot of that was just transferred over from my old patrolling harness, so once I got into an environment, I might pare it down. If you dumped yours, you might find you carry more than you realize. Some of my list may remind you of something you forgot.

My 1st line list would be on my thread also in the PG forum here obscurely entitled "1st Line Gear", or something to that effect.

HTH, good luck.

TR

BadMuther 03-06-2004 16:06

Thank you.

BadMuther 03-10-2004 20:42

1 Attachment(s)
Some pics, don't laugh, the shit is new......

rack

BadMuther 03-10-2004 20:44

1 Attachment(s)
closeup

BadMuther 03-10-2004 20:47

1 Attachment(s)
What's in it, METT dependent...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:44.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®