![]() |
Quote:
I believe interests do coincide, and there's that happy non-zero-sum medium where what's best for the US also benefits the world (or most of the world). I must be a true believer in American exceptionalism then. The US of A is not a country or collection of people to me, but an idea. A powerful, yet fragile idea. This idea is very young compared to centuries of past dynasties, empire, kingdoms. Espousing that idea in some parts of the world today would get one killed or worse. I believe in it as it aligns with Judeo-Christian values. I would die for that belief. ....then again, dying for pushing LGBYTXZ agenda for the rest of the world is a concept hard to swallow, no pun intended :boohoo https://www.wsj.com/articles/preside...ech-1437820696 |
Quote:
We also did all that other stuff I mentioned... Of course, so did the French, British, Germans, Belgians, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Turks, Arabs, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Visigoths, Huns, Mongols.... I could go on. Every nation seeks to spread its culture and organizing system, whether by influence or by force. We can bring a lot of force to bear, so we've been pretty good at it. Japan isn't a market democracy by choice or because we convinced them it was in their best interest. They are a market democracy because we slaughtered all of their young men, crushed their will to resist, occupied their country, and re-wrote their constitution to make them one. The difference between us and the Russians is that while their system makes life hard on everyone, ours is pretty good for all the reasons I named above. A lot of the United State's net benefit to the world has been in doing that. We are similar to a violent sociopath that storms into a shopping mall, kills all the guards, kills anyone who resists, then gives everyone a million dollars. Its been pretty good for the survivors overall, just don't gloss over the first part when thinking about international dynamics in the world today. |
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:57. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®