Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Edged Weapons (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Looking for an anniversary present (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40764)

DIYPatriot 01-31-2013 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33army (Post 487030)
I was told by her that she would wear it at all times

33-

My experiences have taken me through various systems. When it relates to knives, I found Kali to work best for me. My wife is about your wife's size and she excels in Silat, but appreciates both systems. The nice thing about them is that you'll start with weapons and work your way down to open-hand training. The Kali disarms and defenses are very practical and do not require lots of memorization. They feel natural and instinctive (to me).

Along the way, I found the Dog Brothers to have some of the best training for street survival, especially their open hand survival techniques against knives. They work with Frankie McRae, a SF soldier in your neck of the woods. I'm not sure if he could point you in a direction for some solid training or not, but I thought I would mention it. At the very least, check out the Dog Brothers. And I believe TR had some solid advice on the Mike Janich training video, too. That guy is the real deal.

Just my 2 cents from years of having my ass handed to me by guys that were tougher and meaner than I and have BTDT. Luckily, they let me tag along and learn a great deal from them. Good choice on the Enyo, too! My wife loves her Phrike and strongly considered the Enyo. So far, all she's had to cut open are the dozens of care packages I send her :D

33army 01-31-2013 17:57

Now the real question is....Do I really need to order the knife online and pay shipping, OR can I just drive 30 minutes to Aberdeen and avoid spending excess money?;)

DIYPatriot 01-31-2013 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33army (Post 487089)
Now the real question is....Do I really need to order the knife online and pay shipping, OR can I just drive 30 minutes to Aberdeen and avoid spending excess money?;)

Heck, I'd find some good music, crank it up and make the drive so I could shake the hand of the man that made my blade!

33army 02-01-2013 07:52

Correct me if I'm wrong, the owner is a member of this encyclopedic forum?

frostfire 02-01-2013 09:07

when it comes to failure with deploying folder, I've learned that it can just as easily be used as an effective blunt instrument . The slice/stab will follow the poke. Train for contingency.

Had a ken onion folder for 9 years.....then one day, poof!...Now carrying CRKT 13sf:boohoo

swatsurgeon 02-01-2013 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33army (Post 487227)
Correct me if I'm wrong, the owner is a member of this encyclopedic forum?

Both owners are members here......

33army 02-01-2013 21:55

Contact made. Thanks again.

ajls 02-04-2013 11:48

33-
Another suggestion for your wife, and one I've used successfully in the past(although I am a civilian and don't know if this is against regs for your wife) is to sew a pocket on the inside of the waistband-horizontally-and slide a weapon of choice in. I had the opening facing my off hand, as an attacker will disarm the strong side first, and was able to use surprise to get free with no real damage done(to me). As I was on a boat at the time, I had a miniature marlin spike only 3 inches, but whatever your wife can put her hands on will do. Even a pen used with force can cause enough damage to give time for escape to safety.

Prayers to you both for her safety.

JoeyB 02-07-2013 15:16

I got my wife an Enyo (well I got myself an Enyo that she stole!) great knife and conceals very easy for her

33army 02-22-2013 18:00

Mission Success
 
1 Attachment(s)
To the Gentlemen of Spartan Blades, a big thank you from the hearts of a military family....and possibly the left ventricle of a Romanian. It was an honor to meet you both.

33

DIYPatriot 02-23-2013 09:52

Sweet!
 
That's awesome, 33! Hope your wife stays safe over there, too!

TOMAHAWK9521 02-23-2013 19:58

I'm familiar with that particular FOB and the Romanians in question. Those goons are a bunch of juiced-up Neanderthals. I wouldn't turn my back on any of them.

Also, there was a bizarre story going around KAF last year that involved another group of those thugs. I still don't know if what happened, really happened. But if someone asks if you are going to or want a "Romanian shower", either run or draw your weapons and prepare to defend yourself.

mcarey 02-26-2013 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 33army (Post 492776)
To the Gentlemen of Spartan Blades, a big thank you from the hearts of a military family....and possibly the left ventricle of a Romanian. It was an honor to meet you both.

33

You are very welcome! I am sure your better half will like it. All the best to her and you in your careers. Mark

Kasik 04-26-2014 09:41

Go Native
 
Awesome knife and always with you.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:29.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®