Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel capital
Old 12-06-2017, 15:14   #1
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel capital

I am sure the muslims and liberals are having a stroke over this one. Tough shit.

On a formal note, how does the SME's think this will do to relations in the milddle east allies?

Me I think they already have no respect for us so screw them. Saudi can kiss my ass. We are only useful idiots in their eyes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...assy-move.html

Quote:
President Trump on Wednesday formally recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital, saying it's time to "acknowledge the obvious" as he ordered the State Department to begin moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

“I have determined that it is time to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel,” the president said during a speech in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House.

The move fulfills a campaign promise made to religious conservatives. But it could also inflame tensions across the Middle East.

“This is nothing more or less than a recognition of reality," Trump said. "It is also the right thing to do. It’s something that has to be done.”........................cont

Old 12-06-2017, 16:15   #2
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I like to watch all the little heads explode. Many in the news so far have said this will derail the peace process? Huh? What peace process? There hasn’t been peace between Israel, Palestine and all the surrounding Arab countries since the founding of Israel.

Another failed post reconstruction era policy from the League of Nations (aka United Nations) everything they have ever touched devolves into war, famine, genocide, and destruction. If the UN had existed in 1775 we’d still be 13 colonies fighting the Indians, the British and French for control of Philadelphia.

It’s time the UN moved from the safe haven of New York City. I think Jerusalem would be a good place for them. Maybe if the hazard is great enough they will negotiate a peace deal.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 12-06-2017 at 16:18.

Old 12-06-2017, 19:08   #3
cbtengr
Area Commander

I do not recall all the hub bub back when previous POTUS's had recognized Jerusalem in the same vein. But then again they were only blowing hot air. This issue goes way back.

Old 12-06-2017, 19:13   #4
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I do not recall all the hub bub back when previous POTUS's had recognized Jerusalem in the same vein. But then again they were only blowing hot air. This issue goes way back.
No actually Trump is moving the embassy to Jerusalem. Not just talk but action. Might get interesting for the staff.

Old 12-06-2017, 19:30   #5
Agoge2
Area Commander

Great news! As to it aggravating the rest of the area...it isn't as though they need any new reasons to stay stirred up! They won't be appeased....

Old 12-07-2017, 06:05   #6
Chucko
Auxiliary

I understand the new location was voted on by congress and every president since 1995 tried to make it happen to a small degree. Now that Trump goes for what everyone wanted, he is wrong. It's about time someone stood up to the elites in Washington.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:44   #7
PSM
Area Commander

Next up: Someone in the drive-by media will say that DJT is doing this so that his company can build Trump Embassy.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken

Old 12-07-2017, 11:05   #8
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Next up: Someone in the drive-by media will say that DJT is doing this so that his company can build Trump Embassy.
More like "Fort Trump"...........

Old 12-07-2017, 11:23   #9
Brush Okie
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I wonder how the embassy staff are taking the news. Could be interesting posting real soon.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:12   #10
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Ambassador Nickie Haley, just had a Adlai Stevenson level speech at the United Nations. She hit every note backed up with truth and facts known to everyone.

She openly called out the UN for being Anti-Israel and being a major inhibitor to any peace process between Israel and Palestine.

She made it very clear that the President and the United States stand firmly behind and as a leading partner in a two state solution to peace in the region. Nearly sounded like maintaining the status quo of the past 30+ years has not worked, let’s kick that can to the negotiating table instead of down the road.

It’s good to see world leadership again on the world stage.

Bravo Ambassador Haley, bravo!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Old 12-08-2017, 21:21   #11
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I like that. Given local national support typically for security of AMEMBs, there are alot worse places to have that being done than by the Israelis.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:12   #12
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

One of the many benefits of this is the undermining of confidence it will have against radical Islam.

They will rage, as usual.
All this does is spotlight their impotence.

Their ability to intimidate the weak will diminish.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)

Old 12-10-2017, 13:10   #13
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
They will rage, as usual.
Another term they ripped off.
It's in the dictionary somewhere under "going batshit crazy." (Contemporary examples include lack of emotional adjustment following one's annointed queen failing to get elected when you thought you had it in the bag.)