Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 10-25-2011, 14:19   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

TSA operating roadside checkpoints

TSA operating roadside checkpoints and this did not make primetime news?

You Americans need to pull your heads out of your asses. How far are you going to allow the "government" to go before you say "No".

Personally I think we should start checking bedrooms at 2:00 AM, randomly.

dhs & janet napolitano might be right because this white guy is pissed, pissed enought to point a gun at anyone that would stop me for no legal reason..........

Alert: TSA operating roadside checkpoints
October 22, 2011
by Harold
.Brasscheck TV
10/21/2011
If you were one of the many Americans that thought you and your family could “opt-out” of being manhandled by the TSA by simply not flying, you were wrong.

TSA VIPR (Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response) teams are now conducting roadside searches in Tennessee, and soon to be in other states as well.

Right now, in Tennessee, if you’re driving on the roads you have no Fourth Amendment protections against government abuses…

http://a4cgr.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/02-790/
Old 10-25-2011, 14:24   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

VIPR Teams Enhance Security at Major Local Transportation Facilities
News & Happenings

June 20, 2007

Officers from T. F. Green Airport (Providence,
R.I.) observe passengers boarding the Point
Judith to Block Island Ferry as a Coast Guard
petty officer and two TSA surface
transportation security inspectors look on.
Photo by Bob Thorne.Following the Madrid train bombings, TSA stepped up its efforts to enhance security on rail and mass transit systems nationwide by creating and deploying Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams. Comprised of federal air marshals, surface transportation security inspectors, transportation security officers, behavior detection officers and explosives detection canine teams, VIPR teams over the past two years have augmented security at key transportation facilities in urban areas around the country, including New York City, Buffalo and Syracuse, N.Y., Los Angeles, Boston and Providence, R.I.

VIPR teams work with local security and law enforcement officials to supplement existing security resources, provide deterrent presence and detection capabilities, and introduce an element of unpredictability to disrupt potential terrorist planning activities.

Looking to expand the VIPR concept beyond the rail sector to other forms of mass transit, TSA has been reaching out to several high-volume ferry operators to provide additional security, particularly during the summer months when ridership is at its peak.

Just before Memorial Day 2007, VIPR teams were dispatched to the Point Judith (Block Island) Ferry Terminal in Rhode Island and the Cape May-Lewes Ferry in Cape May, N.J. Travelers taking the ferry to Martha's Vineyard out of Woods Hole, Mass. this summer can also expect to see VIPR teams in and around the ferry terminal.

When asked about benefits of VIPR operations around highly-traveled transportation systems in the greater-Providence area, Joseph S. Salter, TSA's federal security director for Rhode Island, said, "VIPR teams improve interagency communications and our ability to leverage resources quickly. Working closely with our transportation partners and law enforcement, we're ensuring resources are deployed efficiently and in a complementary fashion, providing an effective first line of defense against terrorism."

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/...ockisland.shtm
Old 10-25-2011, 14:28   #3
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
dhs & janet napolitano might be right because this white guy is pissed, pissed enought to point a gun at anyone that would stop me for no legal reason..........
Been on that list too for awhile; from everything I can tell I've also been in some pretty damn good company, in a wide swath across this country.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 14:29   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

The TSA is now starting to do random stops and searches on our countries highways. They are now going to be on our highways stopping anyone for no reason.

You Americans, our "security" does not include the allowing the federal government to stop and search anyone without cause. Get your heads out of your ass.

This is unf***ing believable.
Old 10-25-2011, 14:46   #5
Paslode
Area Commander

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15...vipr-statewide

The Tinfoils are curious to know why there is a 'Military' guy in the video (He can be seen at the 00:44 mark during the press conference)

I wonder if the TSA ViPR units have something to do the new traffic of Mexican trucks on our highways?

http://www.kmeg.com/story/15865006/m...on-us-highways
Old 10-25-2011, 15:30   #6
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Police State....... We are moving closer and closer to becoming a Police State...... Give the big "O" and napolitano 4 more years and we're going to have to show our papers just like they had to when stopped by the Gestapo when ever they felt like it........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 19:07   #7
stickey
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
The Tinfoils are curious to know why there is a 'Military' guy in the video (He can be seen at the 00:44 mark during the press conference)
A CST/CERFP guy maybe. Each state has such teams that support domestic ops....but being this a federal mission, who knows. But, someone at the state probably said if we're seen we're supporting, if we're supporting, we need $, if in fact even a NG Soldier.
Old 10-25-2011, 19:15   #8
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Police State....... We are moving closer and closer to becoming a Police State...... Give the big "O" and napolitano 4 more years and we're going to have to show our papers just like they had to when stopped by the Gestapo when ever they felt like it........

Big Teddy
If they go that far I'm claiming illegal alien status...so they will leave me alone.

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 19:23   #9
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaquebite View Post
If they go that far I'm claiming illegal alien status...so they will leave me alone.
No, they won't, Bro-they'll send you to college gratis.
Old 10-25-2011, 19:26   #10
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

a few months back something similar was going on in border states. there was a youtube video of a guy being obstinate with the LEO's who stopped (just) short of drawing down on him. tried to get him to turn of his video camera, ended up letting him go.
I appreciate that they were looking for illegals but some things are getting out of hand around here.

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 19:30   #11
mojaveman
Area Commander

Have a commercial license but this is just one more reason why I'll never drive over the road again. They're going to have a field day with the Mexican drivers who are now operating on our southern highways. All of this security does keep a lot of people employed though.

No more driving down the road in your pick-up truck with a .30-30 in the rear window rack and a beer between your legs.

In all seriousness, will it come to the point where government officials will begin to conduct random searches of our homes? Have a friend who's a general contractor and a year or so ago he bought about 15,000 rounds of competition ammo all in one purchase. The BATFE knocked on his door and "just wanted to talk to him". They even asked him if they could come inside and see his firearms.

Last edited by mojaveman; 11-08-2011 at 14:55.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 00:37   #12
Sarski

I am reminded of this scene, without being able to use any Jedi powers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzcWP...e_gdata_player
Old 10-26-2011, 03:58   #13
Baht Dog
Quiet Professional

How long until "Block Captains" in every neighborhood...Watchers, snitches and weasels. "Community Organizers"...ACORN and the like. With one goal in mind - political control. All coming from the same mindset that we fought for decades working to keep the free world free... The national founders rebelled against the very notion of infringement upon liberty and "collective punishment" of The People. TSA crap is out of hand. Not content with harassment at the airport, now they are chasing us down the very highways we fund to play more of their silly games.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:40   #14
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post

Big Teddy
Speaking of Police State and being somewhat related to the topic are the new intelligent light poles......ironically I think they installed something like this up the street at 71st & Metcalf and it includes natural gas generated back up.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/10/23/225836/

http://identitypr.com/pressrelease/i...ting-concepts/
Old 10-26-2011, 06:54   #15
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baht Dog View Post
How long until "Block Captains" in every neighborhood...Watchers, snitches and weasels.
Having spent a fair time on the "other" side during the cold-war piece of my career, I can tell you that things right now look scarily familiar, and almost as if the administration had Erich Mielke and Markus Wolf on a beltway consulting contract.
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote