Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 08-28-2010, 00:58   #1
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Is America Islamophilic?

Quote:
Is America Islamophilic?

Islam has become the golden religion in the mainstream media. Watching recent news reports and news commentators, there is a general tacit agreement that any criticism of Islam is unwarranted. Critics of Islam are considered bigots a priori. No debate is required.

On news reports, someone expressing a negative opinion of Islam is quickly followed by a denunciation by an imam or dhimmi. No consideration or examination of the religion is necessary. Islam can’t be bad or have faults. On crime shows, the occasional Muslim suspect exists in the plot as a foil. The audience is tempted to suspect the Muslim solely to expose the alleged bigotry of the viewer. Muslims qua Muslims can’t be perpetrators. It usually turns out to be the Russian mob.

Consider the issue of the mosque. Zoning has long altered the location of every institution including churches. One can, if appropriate, zone the area to exclude the mosque. Why should Islam be exempt from zoning? Consider immigration. In the months after 9/11 Americans were shocked that the State Department still maintained a “Visa Express” from Muslims from Saudi Arabia. Why do Muslims get to go to the front of the line?

Teachers in selected elementary schools have asked the children to pretend to be a Muslim as a tool to teach the subject. Why does the ACLU exempt Islam from the separation of church and state? Art depicting Christ in an unflattering light is accepted but the establishment immediately condemns unflattering pictures of Mohammad. Why won’t they even show the pictures?

Prior to 9/11, Hollywood made movies about Arab plane hijackings and Muslims were often portrayed in different lights. Since 9/11 any negative portrayal has become taboo. There have been many movies showing America as evil … usually starring George Clooney. Islam, however, is never the enemy. Islam can only be good.

Our media is Islamophilic to the core. Islam has become the “golden religion” of which nothing critical can be said without immediate condemnation.
Source > http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2010/08/i...amophilic.html

T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:22   #2
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Did you just post a link to the "infidel babe of the week"?

LHC
Last hard class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:54   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last hard class View Post

LHC

Quote:
Infidel Babe Of The Week: Ayelet Zure‎r ( איילת זורר‎; )
That's what I got???

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:07   #4
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:

LHC

That's what I got???
For real that’s strange when I click the link it takes me straight to the article: Is America Islamophilic?

Could it be filtered/sensored

It's towards the bottom of this link: http://ibloga.blogspot.com/
Old 08-28-2010, 05:48   #5
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
For real that’s strange when I click the link it takes me straight to the article: Is America Islamophilic?

Could it be filtered/sensored

It's towards the bottom of this link: http://ibloga.blogspot.com/
T take a breath! The "Babe" is real (and hot too) she's on the right side of the page just as you start down.
"Forest for the trees" stuff here. relax, vigilante one. Stop and smell the roses.

"Could it be filtered / censored " Hint: They are not all out to get you. Although this will be reported.

Last edited by Dozer523; 08-28-2010 at 05:57.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:58   #6
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:
T take a breath! The "Babe" is real (and hot too) she's on the right side of the page just as you start down.
"Forest for the trees" stuff here. relax, vigilante one. Stop an smell the roses.

Roger that I thought they were messing but wasn’t sure What’s not to like about “Infidel Babes”
Old 08-28-2010, 06:14   #7
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
I admit I suffer from islamRESULTSfobia I know there are plenty of good muslims who don't deserved to be lumped in with jihadis but I can't help but
observe the countries who have opened their "tolerant" arms of acceptance.

Pay attention to Denmark, and the UK to see what happens when you have large
groups throwing their weight around. Or for that matter Michigan. Is there a pattern going on here? or am I a midwest bigot?
Isaiah 2:17

The arrogance of man will be brought low
and the pride of men humbled;
the LORD alone will be exalted in that day,
dadof18x'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:50   #8
Sigaba
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof18x'er View Post
Is there a pattern going on here? or am I a midwest bigot?
MOO, what I see at play is the persistent influence of consensus historiography that peaked during the 1940s and 1950s. The "course correction" was the "new history" of the 1960s and 1970s. However, because the "new history" was overly political, many Americans threw the baby out with the bathwater.

As a result, a core message of the "new history"--that the past has always been tumultuous and contested--has been lost. This means we as a nation currently do not have a "usable past" that makes sense to most of us and allows us to look at events today and see how they fit or don't fit with the events of yesterday.

My $0.02.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 17:33   #9
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
MOO, what I see at play is the persistent influence of consensus historiography that peaked during the 1940s and 1950s. The "course correction" was the "new history" of the 1960s and 1970s. However, because the "new history" was overly political, many Americans threw the baby out with the bathwater.

As a result, a core message of the "new history"--that the past has always been tumultuous and contested--has been lost. This means we as a nation currently do not have a "usable past" that makes sense to most of us and allows us to look at events today and see how they fit or don't fit with the events of yesterday.

My $0.02.
this is what I don't want to see here, if the Swedes can't figure it out what the heck is this bunch of cowboys going to do?

http://theterrorjournal.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/642/

another vid on European changing demographics.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-ce...eature=related

Last edited by dadof18x'er; 08-29-2010 at 09:07.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:55   #10
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer523 View Post
"Forest for the trees" stuff here. relax, vigilante one. Stop and smell the roses.

"Could it be filtered / censored " Hint: They are not all out to get you. Although this will be reported.
If T-Rock missed her picture he's Gay. And that's all I have to say about that.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:39   #11
Saoirse
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadof18x'er View Post
this is what I don't want to see here, if the Swedes can't figure it out what the heck is this bunch of cowboys going to do?

http://theterrorjournal.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/642/

another vid on European changing demographics.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj-ce...eature=related
Thanks for sharing that article and video, Dad. I read and watch things like that and it makes me sick to my stomach to think that nothing is being done to stop it! It's like a cockroach infestation!!

Am fear nach gleidh na h-airm san t-sith, cha bhi iad aige 'n am a' chogaidh
"He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war" Old Gaelic

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them. Thomas Paine
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 17:48   #12
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
Thanks for sharing that article and video, Dad. I read and watch things like that and it makes me sick to my stomach to think that nothing is being done to stop it! It's like a cockroach infestation!!
sorry about that stomach, it is troubling. Here's one from Paris

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/201...g-to-the-West/

Old 09-02-2010, 18:58   #13
wet dog

There is all sorts of information, each will have to decide for themselves.

http://www.tangle.com/view_video?vie...3eabea1ceb73e4
Old 09-03-2010, 10:55   #14
dadof18x'er
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post

Gert Wilders is now threatened with the big haircut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5LOqxdbTA

Old 09-03-2010, 14:10   #15
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet dog View Post

Excellent post wet dog......

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote