Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 07-20-2004, 18:16   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Elected Officials and Classified Information

The more I think about things, the madder I get. When did it get to be "ok" to divulge classified information? When did it get to be "ok" to violate the rules that would send a private to jail in a minute? I'm not just talking about Berger, but the Plame thing and others as well. If she was indeed in covert status - whoever leaked her name should be making big rocks into little rocks in Leavenworth.

Berger claims "sloppiness"? Yet this was a NSA for years? I don't want an NSA that is "sloppy". I don't want the names of Agency employees "leaked".

We need to start putting some of these people in jail so the rest of the elected officials and appointees will take this more seriously. We are in a de facto state of war with one of the most global menaces the world has ever known - and our officials are running around being "sloppy" with documents and leaking names? BS I say! Enough is enough!

Berger's ass needs to be locked up.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 18:17   #2
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Good post!

Concur totally!

Terry
Old 07-20-2004, 18:30   #3
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
Good post!

Concur totally!

Terry
Ditto.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 18:31   #4
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Re: Elected Officials and Classified Information

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
. When did it get to be "ok" to divulge classified information? .

Berger claims "sloppiness"? Yet this was a NSA for years? I don't want an NSA that is "sloppy". I don't want the names of Agency employees "leaked".

We need to start putting some of these people in jail so the rest of the elected officials and appointees will take this more seriously.
And now you know the reason for a DASR. Can you imagine how secure some of our troops in the various SAPs would be if congress critters got all the access they thought they had a right to? This whole business really has me pissed beyond comprehension. Frigging Sen Leahy from VT was a member of the senate intelligence committee back in 87 when he shot his mouth off and cost operatives their lives. That fool needs to share a cell with Berger and any other goat sucking civilian that crosses the line. Rant over.

Jack Moroney
Old 07-20-2004, 18:50   #5
AngelsSix
Area Commander

But we can throw poor old Martha in jail for making a little (or not losing so much) money in the stock game. Isn't that something?? Sort of sets the priorites in this country: Money, Money, more Money!! It's all about money.

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 18:58   #6
Gypsy
Area Commander

Re: Elected Officials and Classified Information

Quote:

Berger's ass needs to be locked up.
Darned skippy. How exactly does one "inadvertantly" walk off with classified docs in his socks, jacket etc? He's not sloppy IMHO he was intent on removing these docs, I'd bet my last dollar on it.

Of course sKerry issued a statement that the Republicans questioning of this situation is partisan and diverts from the facts of the 9/11 report.
Old 07-20-2004, 19:13   #7
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelsSix
But we can throw poor old Martha in jail for making a little (or not losing so much) money in the stock game. Isn't that something?? Sort of sets the priorites in this country: Money, Money, more Money!! It's all about money.
Perhaps Martha and Berger can share the same cell where she can teach him how to make document concealment devices out of his prison issue shorts. Color coordinated of course, purple for top secret, red for secret, and blue for confidential. For LIMDIS NOFORN they can use the tricolors of the Phrench national rag.

Jack Moroney
Old 07-20-2004, 19:27   #8
Airbornelawyer

Title 18 U.S.C. § 793(f) is a felony statute. Title 18 U.S.C. § 1924 is a Class A misdemeanor. Both look like they may have been violated, as Berger's "sloppiness" is no excuse.

18 U.S.C. § 1924:
Quote:
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined not more than $1,000, or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.
18 U.S.C. § 793(f):
Quote:
Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 19:31   #9
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Roger AL - I was just looking at it. He'll walk.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-20-2004, 19:32   #10
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

C'mon, how do you remove documents by accident?
Old 07-20-2004, 19:35   #11
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
You would pick up a stack of unclass documents with something mixed in from the classified stack.

I do not think you could find a jury in America (maybe you could in Kali) that would believe that you accidentally removed them after placing them in your jacket, and pants, and socks.

I find it even more incredible that when they asked him to return classified docs they saw him take, he sent back more that they did not even know were missing.

Think the damage control team for the Dems and the Kerry team are meeting tonight?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 19:37   #12
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Define How
Define Do
Define You
Define Remove
Define Documents
Define By
define Accident

How do you call a BJ not sex?

How do you respond to sailors and civlians getting blown up by shooting a rocket up a camel's ass?

How did a bunch of liberal ass clowns ever get put in charge of the Empire?
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-20-2004, 19:42   #13
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Define How
Define Do
Define You
Define Remove
Define Documents
Define By
define Accident

How do you call a BJ not sex?

How do you respond to sailors and civlians getting blown up by shooting a rocket up a camel's ass?

How did a bunch of liberal ass clowns ever get put in charge of the Empire?
You are really on your game today! LOL
Old 07-20-2004, 19:42   #14
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Define How
Define Do
Define You
Define Remove
Define Documents
Define By
define Accident

You define the above by using the same dictionary Slick Willie does when he trys to determine what the meaning of the word "is" is.
Old 07-20-2004, 19:44   #15
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I'm sorry, I'll calm down. But there's no excuse for this shit.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?