Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 09-11-2009, 15:51   #1
Crikey
Asset

SFC WIlliam M. Bennett (Its been 6 years)

I know things about my hero Bill have been posted before but tomorrow marks 6 years since I lost my best friend. I served with Bill before he became a SF soldier. I know Allison and Seth miss him alot as do I.
Bill was that special kind of person who only comes along once in a life time. No matter the situation, he would always make you feel good about yourself and have a positive outlook. Man, the competitions we used to have doing PT. He would smoke me on the run during every PT run but for some reason, I would nudge him out during the APFT. It drove him nuts and made me smile.
Once, Bill, Allison and myself were driving down to TN to visit his Grandmother for one reason or another. If I remember correctly it was raining to beat the band and the lights in my 78 Corolla just stopped working. Instead of stopping for the night, we came up with the idea of taping a mini-mag lite to the bumper and driving on. Of course it didn't help one bit but we made it safe and sound. I won't even go into the time we both got stuck on a ledge not big enough for a chicken and had to jump for a single branch about 8 feet up. Ahhh, those were the days. How we made it out of that alive still amazes me. It was always something when we were together and we were inseperable for a long time.
I miss Bill, he died a brave man and an appreciated hero to the American people, his family and me. Words cannnot describe how much he still means to me. If I could have but one wish, it would not be for money, world peace or an end to war, it would be to have Bill still around to raise his son, be the perfect husband, and although we would lose contact now and again, my best friend.
REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND. I HOPE YOU KNOW YOUR IN MY THOUGHTS EVERYDAY.

Crikey
ps- Allison. If you read this, call me. You should still have my number.
Crikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 16:33   #2
Rogue
Guerrilla Chief

Rest in Peace

Practice honesty and integrity; rescue the man who has been wronged from the hands of his oppressor; do not exploit the stranger, the orphan, the widow; do no violence; shed no innocent blood in this place. Jer 22:3

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ~ Edmund Burke
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 20:44   #3
rltipton

That is a beautiful tribute to a friend. I would have been honored to know him. I am sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Bill.
Old 09-11-2009, 22:54   #4
Wayneo79
Quiet Professional

Bill and Kevin

Crikey,

Great post for an outstanding fella!

Bill and Kevin Moorhead (another Delta) were great people in the Company. I was on a different Team and had the privelage of some interaction and watching them both on occassion during certain events and deployments before my departure in '01.

Medics and Commo Dicks are usually a strange lot but Bill and Kevin stuck out as stable personalities that didn't have to impose their egos. Just a couple regualr fellas that knew what to do the get the job done right, every time, and then lend a hand wherever else it was needed.

Both were killed on the same raid, only a few days before they were due to redeploy home. A loss, I'm sure, magnified in the face of their hopefully expectant loved ones.

I hope they Rest in Peace as I raise this toast to them, tonight.

v/r
WayneO
JN 10:10
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

De Opresso Liber
Wayneo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:52   #5
Kingfisher
Quiet Professional

Words can't express how much both these men are missed. They enriched the lives of those that knew them and I am proud to have served with them. God Bless.