Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 09-26-2008, 21:24   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Vehicle Bail out bag

When I was in BiH we used a black bag that was something like a computer bag with 3 or 4 5.56mm pockets that held two mags each as a vehicle blow out bag. We would have them in the seat on the floor broads and we got them from the SAS JCO guy we replaced in Sarajevo.

Had a main section that could hold a CF-18, sides pockets held smoke grenades and it had a flap like a computer bag that was Velcro and had snaps on it with the ammo pockets on the front. I’m looking to see who has used and mainly purchased something like this. If you have a link pleases post, looking for them.

This is the closes bag I've found. Link

THX

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 10-27-2008 at 19:24. Reason: Bag name change
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:10   #2
jatx
Area Commander

MtnGoat, I am a little confused by your question. You are not looking for a medical/CLS type bag, I gather, but something smaller than an assault pack that you can grab and go to E&E or operate away from your vehicle, right?
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave whither Thou goest." - Ecclesiastes 9:10

"If simple folk are free from care and fear, simple they will be, and we must be secret to keep them so." - JRRT
jatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:54   #3
gagners
Asshat 6

http://www.originalsoegear.com/boltbag.html

I think something like this is what you're looking for, Oui?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:19   #4
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Check this out!! I have one and it has a lot to offer for $50!! There are MOLLE attach points for whatever it may lack internally.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapuputshho.html

Later
Martin
Old 09-27-2008, 07:28   #5
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatx View Post
MtnGoat, I am a little confused by your question. You are not looking for a medical/CLS type bag, I gather, but something smaller than an assault pack that you can grab and go to E&E or operate away from your vehicle, right?
NOT a MED Bag. I know now that med bag IFAKs are called Blow out bags. But before 911 a blow out bag, to me at least, was a bag you had that was small that was at your feet or across the seat back of you Civie car or SUV. I had guys call it a bail out bag too, if I remember right this is what the Brits called theirs - Bail out Pouch. Now a blow out bag is your med bag on your kit. Not a MED Bag.

It looked a lot like a computer laptop bag, a bit smaller, but has pockets for Mags and Smokes and a new one I saw working with the Brits again had a pcoket on the inside for flash bags (2x).

Hopefully this clears the smoke.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”

Last edited by MtnGoat; 09-27-2008 at 07:33.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:29   #6
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagners View Post
http://www.originalsoegear.com/boltbag.html

I think something like this is what you're looking for, Oui?
Close - but a bit out of the pit.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 09-27-2008, 07:35   #7
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
Check this out!! I have one and it has a lot to offer for $50!! There are MOLLE attach points for whatever it may lack internally.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapuputshho.html

Later
Martin
Martin,

Nice too.. but not the bag.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 09-27-2008, 09:41   #8
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Where's Mel when we need him...
Old 09-27-2008, 10:06   #9
exsquid
Quiet Professional

MtnGoat:

What you are looking for is commonly called an "E&E bag", "Bug Out Bag", or some variation there of, by most of the gear companies. Try looking at Diamond Back Tactical, Tactical Tailor, Eagle, etc. Lightfighter.com forums have a lot of reviews for the different models.

x/S

Last edited by exsquid; 09-27-2008 at 11:13.
exsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:49   #10
Razor
Quiet Professional

Our very own Eggroll has a pretty handy variation that I like--big enough for the important stuff, but not the "gym bag" some styles seem to have become.

Take Out Bag
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:43   #11
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Eagle makes a great one that a lot of our guys use.

TRE
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 15:35   #12
Razor
Quiet Professional

TR, out of curiosity, which one do they use--the Active Shooter Bag, the Courier Bag or the E&E Bag?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 16:57   #13
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

TR and Razor -

Looked at Eagle.. Their Courier bag is the closes. But still not in the Pit. If we can't find what we are looking for. I think we are going with it.

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Old 09-27-2008, 18:31   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
TR, out of curiosity, which one do they use--the Active Shooter Bag, the Courier Bag or the E&E Bag?
The one I have seen is not catalogued, but is available to units.

VG, if you need a POC there, call me.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 21:34   #15
eggroll
Guerrilla

and the TAB is currently in negotiation for a *big* company to build

Mtn goat, I have several different variations on the Bailout/EE/GHTM bag. What are your PIT requirements?