Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > TMC 14 > Medical Pearls Of Wisdom

Old 08-27-2007, 12:52   #1
linedoc
Asset

Looking for some good trauma videos..

I'm teaching a small block of instructions covering some things learned in OEMS to a few of my medics and a few HSLD CLS personel that will be working on PSD's. To keep things interesting and people attentive I was wondering if someone might have a few good trauma videos, clinical or field, or know of a good reference that I could explore. I've looked around a bit and mostly find gore.com style trash, nothing of any good relevant value. Any help would be awesome.

linedoc
Old 08-27-2007, 15:22   #2
swatsurgeon
Guerrilla Chief

try trauma.org as a start......the internet is full of info
'Revel in action, translate perceptions into instant judgements, and these into actions that are irrevocable, monumentous and dreadful - all this with lightning speed, in conditions of great stress and in an environment of high tension:what is expected of "us" is the impossible, yet we deliver just that.
(adapted from: Sherwin B. Nuland, MD, surgeon and author: The Wisdom of the Body, 1997 )

Education is the anti-ignorance we all need to better treat our patients. ss, 2008.

The blade is so sharp that the incision is perfect. They don't realize they've been cut until they're out of the fight: A Surgeon Warrior. I use a knife to defend life and to save it. ss (aka traumadoc)
swatsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:24   #3
Guy
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb

linedoc:

If you are going to be providing security to a "high-ranking" individual...."I'd brush up on the clincal stuff!"

You'll be the "entire" team personal doc.

Stay safe.

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:26   #4
linedoc
Asset

Thanks for the replies. As obvious as trauma.org is, I for the life of me couldn't pick it up in a google search, thank you for the resource.

Guy: Exactly, I just finished up this class after getting some good stuff from guys in the last OEMS class. Now that I'm assured they have the tools to stop a bleeder, etc. they are going to switch gears and get a little bit of sniffles, poops, aches ,etc. Most of them have been stuck in this poor "in the rear with the gear" unit for sometime with no time in Tx or little pt contact so I have my work cut out for me. The last thing I want is to get a call from so and so saying they went in for a cough and came out with the runs.

Last edited by linedoc; 08-30-2007 at 08:29.
linedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46   #5
Guy
Quiet Professional

Lightbulb Make sure!

All team members carry an extra flashlight that's easily accessible!

Stay safe.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote