Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > 1st Special Forces Group

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 16:24   #1
NBC-Guy
Asset

CSM Lonnie Johnson

Hey,

I was wondering if any of the 1SFGA guys here knew a CSM Lonnie Johnson while in Vietnam. This is kind of random, but when I was in Pusan he got me into the JROTC program, my first experience in the military and with a Special Forces qual'd person. He was a big inspiration for me joining the Army and wanting to get into the Special Forces. He taught me a lot in the year I was in Pusan prior to passing away in 2000. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how he was as a younger soldier and how he was in his multiple tours there. I apologize if this is out of line or stepping on any toes. Just wanted to know a bit more about one of the most inspiring individuals I have ever met.

Much appreciated.

SPC Blackshear
Old 07-26-2007, 19:38   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb.blackshear
Hey,

I was wondering if any of the 1SFGA guys here knew a CSM Lonnie Johnson while in Vietnam. This is kind of random, but when I was in Pusan he got me into the JROTC program, my first experience in the military and with a Special Forces qual'd person. He was a big inspiration for me joining the Army and wanting to get into the Special Forces. He taught me a lot in the year I was in Pusan prior to passing away in 2000. I wanted to know if anyone could tell me how he was as a younger soldier and how he was in his multiple tours there. I apologize if this is out of line or stepping on any toes. Just wanted to know a bit more about one of the most inspiring individuals I have ever met.

Much appreciated.

SPC Blackshear
Hey yourself.

We clearly state in the instructions that this is not allowed on PS.com.

This is not myspace, findafriend, classmates, match.com, or whosURdaddy.

We are not going to track down or expose SF soldiers, past, present, or future. Period.

If you want detective work, hire one.

Thread closed. OUT.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Closed Thread