Old 03-19-2012, 19:27   #121
Cowgomoo
SF Candidate

Intro

I have been reading this forum for a few months, and have decided to post now that I will for certain be attending SFAS. I just completed my packet and submitted everything to attend SFAS Class 8-12 which begins April 28.

Currently a 25B with only 1yr TIS, so wish me luck.

Last edited by Cowgomoo; 03-19-2012 at 19:36.
Cowgomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 13:04   #122
KimuraFTW
Auxiliary

First of all I'd like to thank every military member here for their service as well as the creators of this website.

I'm currently 26 years old and considering joining the Army and pursuing an Option 40 contract. I had considered enlistment when I graduated high school but the idea was met with strong resistance from my family due to my grades and scores in school (A very ignorant view as I have now realized) and I was convinced that college would be my best option. I've always admired the guys in SOF and how they manage to be just as intelligent, mentally tough, physically fit, and skilled as they are badass. My brother served in the Army but the rest of my family is civilian for the most part.

I graduated high school, did 2 1/2 years of college in NC as a Computer Science major (I have yet to finish my degree), returned home to work in the private sector and have constantly been feeling a call to do something more meaningful.

I signed up for this site a couple months ago but am just getting around to posting my intro. In that short period I've learned alot from the QPs here and I'm sure if I ever make it into the community, it will be due in part to the wealth of information, advice, and insight I've picked up while exploring this site.
KimuraFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:43   #123
rebilosserppoed
SF Candidate

Introduction

Hello all,

I Just recently switched from the National Guard to Active Army. My goal was to get an 18x contract and thank God I did. I leave in September to begin the first part of the wonderful journey that is Special Forces. Just looking to gain all of the knowledge I can before I leave. I hope to be able to return the favor one day to someone else.

Thank you to all the Professionals.
rebilosserppoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:54   #124
Versutus
SF Candidate

I've been here since 20110930 reading and learning. I'm finally enlisted (REP63) shipping out in 5 months.

I couldn't find my original intro (was in the last intro thread?).
Versutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:49   #125
Dangeresque
SF Candidate

I had an introduction in the last Introduction thread, however much has changed since then so it stands to reason that I post a new introduction here.

I just signed my 18x contract and am set to ship out in approximately 6 months. Until then I will prepare myself, both physically and mentally, as much as possible.

Even before I registered on this forum I had learned some valuable information from the content within. I continue to learn by perusing the countless valuable insights made by the QPs and anyone else who has 'been there and done that'. For your service and insights, I sincerely thank you all.
Dangeresque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:11   #126
Santo Tomas
Guerrilla

TXGringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGringo View Post
I'm a college student in Texas, looking to enlist after I graduate, with the ultimate goal being a shot at SFAS. I have one question in particular that needs answering, but I'll be doing my research before I resort to posting it.

If anyone has, or knows someone who has, personal experience with MEPS doctors, the medical waiver process, anything of the sort, I need someone to talk to.

Thanks for yall's service, look forward to reading and learning as much as I can from yall.
I'm in SA. Shoot me a PM.

ST
Old 03-23-2012, 22:12   #127
Ryan_A
Asset

Howdy

Hi,

Been considering the National Guard for a few years and getting more serious about it as of late. Appreciate the insight this forum has to offer, so wanted to say thanks.
Ryan_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 14:03   #128
RedRyder
Asset

I'm a 30 year old male and I live in California.

I grew up in a military & law enforcement family and from the time I was a kid I wanted to serve. I tried 4 times to get into the service but God/Fate/Life had other plans for me. I was medically DQ'd and disgruntled. At that point I was willing to take what I could get. I just wanted to serve any way I could. After a few years of looking for some way to serve, I found out about State Defense Forces. They are a "state only" version of the National Guard, serving stateside under Title 32. It wasn't federal service, but it beat doing nothing at all.

I've been in the California State Military Reserve for a few years now and I'd say about half of the membership is prior service. I've had the chance to serve and train along side guys who've served all over the world, some of which are Quiet Professionals. The experience has been great. I can never be a Green Beret, but I can learn from what wisdom the members of this site have to offer and hopefully pass that knowledge on to the Guard troops we train.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:33   #129
Shirak
Asset

Greetings,
I'm a College Student finishing up next year. The past couple of months I've had some interest in joining the military. Want to dig a little deeper and get more info.

Last edited by Shirak; 03-28-2012 at 07:57.
Shirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:14   #130
abdelhub
Asset

Introduction

I am a Navy Veteran (6 Years Crypto Tech, DLI-Arabic) and have worked as a Law Enforcement Officer in the Pacific Northwest for the last 12 years. Currently I work in the Marine Patrol/Dive Rescue Unit at my department.

I found this site while doing research on joining the National Guard. I had a particular interest in the Special Forces field. I have been enjoying the threads and have found quite a bit of useful information. Thank you to all of the QP's who have contributed to this forum and for your service.

Mike
abdelhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31   #131
Jefe73
Asset

Hi, checking in. Retired SF. 3/7 and 2/7 SFGA. Central America- late 70's thru 80's. Glad to be here.
Jefe73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:37   #132
Bue
Asset

Sean

I am an eight year Marine veteran who recently separated from the Marines and joined the NG. I am currently serving as a recon team leader for 2-124th Infantry in Florida. I am training now for the hopes of a Special Forces career down the road. I have done a lot of reading on this site and have already learned much. Thanks for the site, I look forward to more reading and searching on this journey.
Bue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 15:44   #133
donwillock
Asset

intro

Don Willock, 46th SFCA, 69-70, Nam Pung Dam, Udorn, Hua Hin.

Last edited by donwillock; 05-01-2012 at 10:12.
donwillock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:00   #134
EightyDeuce
Asset

Forum New Guy FNG

Hello,

New to the site. I joined to learn, not teach. If I ask any stupid questions, go ahead and call me out on it. It's nice being able to research information on here without getting "airsoft" reviews. One favor...I will ask for all of you to play me a small violin when I say I F'd myself by getting out of the military and never even attempting SFAS. Thanks in advance.

Bless you all,
Steve
EightyDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54   #135
Troop
Asset

Better do this again

Hello gents (and ladies ),

My name is John. I served 4 years active duty as an Armor soldier, did the Nat'l Guard business in college, and now work in accounting at a coal mine. I did about all I wanted in the Army but still like to keep up with discussions about it. I have a lot of respect for SF and the other service members out there. Thanks for having me.

(I posted an intro a few months ago but my post count got reset to zero).
Troop is offline   Reply With Quote