Old 03-01-2012, 20:26   #76
Scutmonkey
Asset

Currently a PA (physician assistant) student, about 16 months left. Been in the ARNG for going on six years now. Spent the better half as scout, the later as a medical officer. Joined this site to link up with some professionals and find some info out. Thanks to all that are serving and the ones that are contemplating. The Army has been great to me, as it will to you. Any questions medically, I can try to answer. If I dont have an answer, I will find someone who does.
Scutmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:18   #77
M.V.M
Asset

Introduction

Hello, I am an Army Reservist and ROTC Cadet. I hold much respect for the Quiet Professionals and hope to one day serve with, alongside or in conjunction with such men.
M.V.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 17:30   #78
mkhs
Asset

Been reading for years but never registered until now.

I'm from Sweden. I was a conscript as a Fallskärmsjägare (Parachute Ranger) in and around 2000. After my 15 months I got out and worked in construction but missed military life a lot. Opportunities arose and after about a year as a civilian I got back in and I'm still here.

I'll most likely just keep reading rather than post unless I feel I can contribute in some way. Thanks for having me.
mkhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 23:26   #79
d345
Asset

Hello. My name is Welch. I currently work in the 75th RGR RGT as a TM LDR.
I've been there for a couple days now and I was thinking it might be time to further challenge myself. I joined this site IOT gather information on opportunities in the SF community and hopefully discuss the transition from Battalion to SF with those who are more experienced than I.

Thanks in advance for any and all information.
d345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 23:53   #80
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d345 View Post
Hello. My name is Welch. I currently work in the 75th RGR RGT as a TM LDR.
I've been there for a couple days now and I was thinking it might be time to further challenge myself. I joined this site IOT gather information on opportunities in the SF community and hopefully discuss the transition from Battalion to SF with those who are more experienced than I.

Thanks in advance for any and all information.
I would recommend that you not mention it to your fellow Rangers.

They will almost certainly not be happy to hear that.

Best of luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 18:14   #81
powerstroke64
Asset

Hello

Hello im currently in a National Guard unit and wish to gain as much knowledge on this site and possibly go to selection. Thanks for all the information!

Mike
powerstroke64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 20:25   #82
LRK
Asset

Introduction

I am currently in the Army future soldier program. I have a bachelors in Zoology, and my paperwork says 35p. Considering SF, also RASP trying not to count any chickens before basic. I ship out on March 26. This website seems like a great resource.
LRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 22:15   #83
DeadZeppelin
Asset

Hello,
I am a civilian, who is interested in one day being apart of the SF community. I have wanted to become a Green Beret for as long as i can remember. I come from a military family, and feel it is my duty to serve my country, which has given me so much. Thanks to all the QP's that serve our country, and that contribute to this website.
DeadZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 22:53   #84
StuckMic
Asset

anyanghaseyo

Good afternoon gentlemen. Like my profile states, i'm 25 years old and on AD Army in S. Korea right now. Finishing up my tour here in Nov and then headed to Ft. Riley. Looking at trying to attend SFAS sometime in the spring of 2013. I've just had shoulder surgery to fix a torn labrum and hopefully i'll be all healed up by then. Until then i'm here to absorb as much knowledge as possible. Thank you for your service.
StuckMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:08   #85
bluejay
Asset

Intro

I am J, a 19 year old college student who is seeking to make it into SF post graduation. I am here to learn.

No need for your name in more places on the net than it already is. Crip

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 03-07-2012 at 20:59.
bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 15:14   #86
Chris M
Asset

Hello gentlemen.

I'm a former Air Force Reserve cop and now am employed as an 8th grade US History teacher. I'm also doing course work towards earning a Masters degree in Military History since 1945. I had the pleasure of eating breakfast and chatting with a member of the admin here (about a paper I'm working on) and he politely nudged me in this direction as a research tool.

I may ask an occasional question, but will primarily restrict myself to reading and observing.
Old 03-07-2012, 20:55   #87
Mntneers
Asset

I had posted in the previous introductions thread, but it has since been deleted.

My name's David and I'm 22 years old. Currently taking time off after completing 2 years of college course work. I'm in the process of enlisting in the Army and would like to secure an 18x contract. Thank you for the great resources here.
Mntneers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 22:53   #88
Asesino
Asset

Howdy,

I've been active duty Army for nearly five years; I've had deployments to both Iraq and Afghanistan. Had three duty stations, though I'm currently at Ft. Lewis, WA (or Joint Base Lewis-McChord, whatever floats your boat). Planning to attend SFAS before the end of summer, so I'm hoping to learn whatever I can, whenever I can to ensure success.
Asesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30   #89
Shizzam
SF Candidate

Hello i'm 21 years old and recently signed an 18x contract. The first step in a very long yet rewarding journey. Thank you to all the QP's and TS's for the vast amount of information on this website. I intend to use as much of this information as possible throughout my army career.
Shizzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 15:14   #90
Neophyte
SF Candidate

Greetings all,

I am a prior service Marine (AAV Crewman) and currently have an 18x contract (will sign into the 18x thread next).

I would like to say that this is a great website and have found a lot of useful information; I thank all of the QPs who have taken their time to post on this site. The sheer professionalism I see exhibited here here as well as the chance to learn more about the mission of SFs has helped instill the motivation in me to keep up PT and absorb as much pertinent knowledge as I can.

I recently broke my arm (minor but got screws) and am currently waiting for the last paperwork from my doctor so it can go through the MEPS review process, wish me luck, I need it!
Neophyte is offline   Reply With Quote