Old 12-01-2014, 13:01   #1711
FL1025
Asset

Introduction

Hello, My name is Rich. I've been in the Army National Guard for six years and recently received a conditional release to enlist active duty with an 18x contract. I leave for OSUT on December 29th to start my journey. I just wanted to say thank you for having this site, it is a wealth of knowledge.
FL1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 20:29   #1712
mrosenhamer
Asset

Introduction

Hello all, my name is Matt Rosenhamer. I just recently turned 26 years old and am currently a student. I graduated from Emporia State University (Emporia, KS) with a B.S. in Health and Exercise Sciences, and also competed in collegiate football while attending. I have traveled around the Midwest completing internships under different athletic performance staffs (strength & conditioning). I am hoping to sign as an 18x candidate with my medical history still pending. I am looking forward to learning a great deal of information from this website and from all of you professional soldiers. Thank you for your services!
mrosenhamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 13:01   #1713
Slickbomb
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I'm a young EOD tech stationed in Germany. I have had the privilege to pick the brains of a couple warriors in different stages of life, some that you probably know. They are truly inspiring and humbling to talk to. I have some pretty big aspirations and that's what brings me here. Just trying to lean as much as I can. Thank you for maintaining this site.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:14   #1714
fc3s
Asset

Good morning gents,

I am a Reconnaissance Marine, at 4th Recon Bn. I am in the midst of an interservice transfer to the Army in the hopes of getting the opportunity to go to SFAS. I had the easier opportunity to go to MARSOC, but i followed the advice of several of my mentors who all recommended to just try to get to SFAS instead. I am here to learn, gain SA and ask a few questions.

Thank you.
fc3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:50   #1715
gatordrag
Asset

I want to thank you guys!

First of All I want to thank you guys for what you are doing here...What you do everywhere.
I am a Veteran of the 82nd Airborne 3/73Ar Upon deactivation I went onto to 3rd ID.
I recently had suspected one Michael Hopp of being a SFA Fraud. I contacted my Brother who is retired 5th SFG (A). He told me of this site and I contacted you guys and when you indeed receive Michael Hopp's records, it did in fact show him to be a fraud.

Again I want to thank you guys for all that you do.
Joshua 24:15
gatordrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:31   #1716
Chris_31st
Asset

Good Afternoon,

I'm an old leg Infantryman that was led here in stolen valor surfing. I joined the Army in 2000 got out in 2005 and have been working as an Army civilian since. At my current assignment my largest supported population is Army SF with their HHQ and with two NSWUs. If I can be of any assistance in the pursuit or poseurs please let me know if not I'll just be content to read and contribute in any way I can.
Chris_31st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 21:17   #1717
Trekw1u
Asset

Hello Everyone

I am 21 years old and currently serving as a 35f (Human Intelligence Analyst). I have just completed my MOS training and be on my way to Airborne School starting the 3rd of January 2015, and will be assigned to Special Forces 7th Group. My goal is to actually become a Special Forces member so I'm pretty excited on the challenges that await and if there is any advice for me please don't hesitate.
Trekw1u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 21:57   #1718
NakedSnake
Asset

Saludos

Evening,

I am a 27-year-old 13A currently serving as Fire Support Officer for a cavalry unit in the national guard. I've wanted to work in the SOF community since I was eleven. My ultimate goal is to successfully complete the "other selection" after successfully serving in the groups. I aim to grow as a soldier and leader and soak up as much knowledge and wisdom from you so I can hit that 40-mile target. I don't know if anyone has ever done that coming from the NG, but if not, I guess I'll be the first!

"Have a good 'un."
NakedSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 22:58   #1719
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedSnake View Post
Evening,

I am a 27-year-old 13A currently serving as Fire Support Officer for a cavalry unit in the national guard. I've wanted to work in the SOF community since I was eleven. My ultimate goal is to successfully complete the "other selection" after successfully serving in the groups. I aim to grow as a soldier and leader and soak up as much knowledge and wisdom from you so I can hit that 40-mile target. I don't know if anyone has ever done that coming from the NG, but if not, I guess I'll be the first!

"Have a good 'un."
You are getting pretty old to be looking that far ahead.

You will need to get selected by a NG SF unit to go to SFAS, and if you want to go to the "other selection", you may not want to wait the 3-5 years to get SF qualified and complete you team time before beginning the "other selection."

Most SF guys and units take a pretty dim view of being used as a stepping stone, and it is hard enough to get through without being "that guy."

I recommend that you keep your future plans to yourself and work on getting selected for SF first, and do so quickly.

Good luck.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 00:00   #1720
NakedSnake
Asset

[QUOTE/"Most SF guys and units take a pretty dim view of being used as a stepping stone, and it is hard enough to get through without being "that guy."

I recommend that you keep your future plans to yourself and work on getting selected for SF first, and do so quickly.

Good luck."/QUOTE]

Roger, Reaper. I apologize if it sounded like I am trying to use the groups as a stepping stone. I respect you guys and greatly admire what you have done and continue to do. I merely intended to get to the point as to who I am and why I registered here. (BLUF)

I am working on getting an SFRE packet. Just have to hash out the interstate transfer details for who ultimately sponsors me for SFAS. I won't post again until and I get a QC date, or unless one of the QP's message me.
NakedSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:31   #1721
koz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedSnake View Post
[QUOTE/"Most SF guys and units take a pretty dim view of being used as a stepping stone, and it is hard enough to get through without being "that guy."

Good luck."/QUOTE]

Roger, Reaper. I apologize if it sounded like I am trying to use the groups as a stepping stone. I respect you guys and greatly admire what you have done and continue to do. I merely intended to get to the point as to who I am and why I registered here. (BLUF)

I am working on getting an SFRE packet. Just have to hash out the interstate transfer details for who ultimately sponsors me for SFAS. I won't post again until and I get a QC date, or unless one of the QP's message me.

Why not just go directly to that "other selection?" You don't have to be in SF / 75th Ranger Rgt to go... They just ran one so that gives you about 5 months to go. I know more than one guy who came from conventional forces. There have been some Guard guys go as well. Then you can go back to the Q-course if you want.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:57   #1722
jroberts1187
Asset

Introduction

Hello, I am a 20 year old engineering student with about 2.5 years until I graduate. When I graduate, I will pursue an 18x contract.. Until then, I'll be preparing myself as much as possible for the road ahead physically and mentally, and I would like to thank all those that make this site a wealth of information.
jroberts1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 22:22   #1723
G Wheeler II
Quiet Professional

Introduction

Hey Guys Been wanting to keep up with things going on in the team rooms other than here at Ft. Campbell. My last real SF time was in B/1/3 91-98 ODA 322 and 326 as ASST ops and TMSGT. Then you know the drill got broke up to bad to keep up with the kids and took a chair for my last 3 years. That Hiding behind a Ruck as long as I could was a blast. Never did anything or been any place, but you can check I was there LOL. Man I wish we had some of the toys the guys have today..

"Turn Left Damit"
G Wheeler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:41   #1724
Regulator
Asset

Good morning,

My name is Matt and I am currently serving in both the SCARNG and my local Law Enforcement community. A little over a year ago, I was referred to this site by a friend and member of the Quiet Professionals. I have found that the topics, discussions, and advice on this site are insightful and translate into my life and career paths. I am requesting membership now in order to have access to the Search Button.

Thank you for all that you do and for allowing me to be a guest on your forum.

Very Respectfully,
Matt
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:29   #1725
HurnchyGurner
Asset

Introduction

Good morning. My name is Cole. I'm 22 years old and just discharged from the Air Force after 3 years as Security Forces and a failed attempt at PJ INDOC. I'm training on my own and I'm talking to AD Army about an 18X contract. Thank you for the opportunity to take advantage of all the great information on this site.
HurnchyGurner is offline   Reply With Quote