Old 07-18-2014, 10:28   #1606
Synsei
Asset

I'm a 38 year old prior service Army guy. I attended SFAS (twice) 15 years ago. Although I was IVW'ed, I am forever grateful for the opportunity I had to attend and I consider the experience to be a defining moment in my life. I was glad to see that some of the guys I trained for Selection with went on to have awesome SF careers (a Google name search for one of them put a smile on my face).

I thought that separation from the Army would kill the deep yearning to become SF but it hasn't. I've began the process of looking into the NG and giving SF another shot. I find it amazing how much information is available to people wanting to go to Selection nowadays (including this site).

Anyways, thank you for this invaluable resource. My 25m target is enlistment in the TXNG, but will continue to move forward in as many small increments needed.

No regrets,
-C
Synsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 22:02   #1607
Focht.US
Asset

Greetings,
I am a senior in highschool, and I am currently pursuing a ROTC scholarship. I hope to obtain a degree in Mechanical Engineering and join the military. At this point I am mainly trying to gain as much knowledge about the military in general as possible, but I would ultimately like to attend SFAS. I appreciate all the knowledge and stories put forth on this site which have already made me think about my mindset ,both in school and while working with other people, differently.
Focht.US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 22:04   #1608
Prospect6
SF Candidate

Intro

Greetings QP's,

I am currently a Guardsman from SC. I am very pleased and thankful to have these resources and be part of this online community. I plan to make good use of as much as I can take in. It seems like any question you can ask has already been covered so I may not 'chat' much, but I'll certainly be around. Thanks again.

-Prospect6
"CAST OR TAB"
Prospect6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:48   #1609
Infantry_11X
Asset

Infantry_11X introduction

I just recently enlisted under 11X and since I am only 17 i couldn't sign 18x. My. Futur goal is SF but I have some time before I can try-out
Infantry_11X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 17:02   #1610
Detroit
Asset

20 year old college student who one day wants to join SF.

Been looking at the forums a while now, but just recently made an account.
Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 23:44   #1611
SCLBlack
Asset

22yo college student / gun / knife enthusiast who also wants to join SF. Thank you all for your service.
SCLBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 22:36   #1612
DMR11B
Asset

Introduction

I am a former 82nd Airborne Soldier (Infantry). I am looking to come back into the Army with an 18X contract. Currently, I am working towards a 300 PT score, and ruck time goals. I'm using December as a backstop for when I would like to leave. I am hoping to leave as soon as possible once I've achieved those goals. I am very thankful to have a resource like this available to me. Thank you gentlemen.
DMR11B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 21:58   #1613
Hangman
Asset

I joined the Army 11 days after I graduated High School and haven't looked back. The Army at this point is just about all I know and I like it that way. I had a few jobs as a reservist but nothing that compares to the brotherhood i have with my fellow soldiers.
I came to this site to learn and gain what insight I can. Namely how family life among the Team members is.
Thanks for deciding to share your wisdom to those willing to seek it
Old 07-26-2014, 22:04   #1614
Redwood
Asset

New Guy

Hello, I am set to graduate college this fall and I am planning to enlist in the Army shortly thereafter. I have always felt a pull towards service to my country and want to do my part.

I am currently in the process of talking with recruiters and exploring my options; the 18x program (or possibly the REP-63) and and the Option 40 contract are of special interest to me. However, at this point I am trying to absorb all of the knowledge and wisdom from the men within the SOF community who have been there and done that.

Additionally, I am studying for the ASVAB and taking part in physical training to better prepare myself for what may lie ahead.

I look forward to educating myself here and will do my best to contribute to the boards.

For the veterans and those of you still serving, thank you.
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 13:16   #1615
Talo
Asset

Greetings to the men of the Unites States Army Special Forces and to all other registered users.

My name is Austin, or Talo if you prefer, it is a pleasure to be a guest in the "house" of the 'Quiet Professionals'.

If you care to know a bit about me I have filled out my profile with some information about myself but I'll post it here as well for the sake of redundancy. I am a 21 year old male approximately, 6'0 , 136 lbs. I am an Army BRAT, my Dad was an officer in logistics for 26 years and retired about a year ago, so of course my family and I moved a lot. Nothing new there. I don't think I've lived anywhere longer than 4 years. I don't resent that at all however, I enjoyed the opportunity to see new things as well as experience other cultures during our time overseas.

I have slightly over 2 years of college education, but I'm putting that on hold for now to find a way to pay for it without taking large loans or asking my parents to pay for it.

I have many interests including but not limited to, reading fiction/non-fiction/military history/philosophy/ etc. Drawing. Studying language, I'm currently teaching myself Japanese because I have great affection for their culture and history. I've also taken up some physical education over the last few months and I'm proud to say gained 8 lbs of muscle over 30 days.

I hope to learn much from interacting with the professional soldiers found here and I will obey any and all rules for this forum. I also hope to contribute to the discussions in a friendly and intelligent manner.

Thank you very much for having me.

-Austin/Talo.
"If you are caught unprepared by a sudden rainstorm, you should not run foolishly down the road or hide under the eves of houses. You are going to get soaked either way. Accept that from the beginning and go on your way. This way you will not be distressed by a little rain. Apply this lesson to everything."

- Excerpt from the Hagakure.

Last edited by Talo; 07-28-2014 at 13:31.
Talo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:16   #1616
TheBadger
Asset

Good morning to all!

I'd like to introduce myself, and give you an idea of who I am:

My name is Jack, and I've been just observing and reading posts on this forum for quite some time now. This is my first post (per rule #3). I'd like to take my first opportunity to voice my appreciation for the insight and knowledge I've gained by searching through all the conversations and information these past few months. I am an 18x-ray who is set to ship to BCT in September. I have aspirations to be an 18D, but I would be extremely happy to have the opportunity to serve with a group in whatever capacity I can.

I'm 24, and have had many opportunities that I've taken advantage of throughout my life. The easiest way to explain it to anyone is: "I've had an accelerated life". I had the opportunity to travel a bit when I was younger, and I enjoy experiencing other cultures and traditions. I went to community college for structural fire and EMS. I obtained my NREMT-B, and EMT-B cert in Oregon in 2009/2010. I wasn't able to continue my education due to a few different reasons. I 've always felt a drive to serve, and feel at home working on patients; even while I was/am at a basic level. I like the clinical setting, but prefer being out where I'm needed. I spent some time in the south as an aquatic and fitness director for a local YMCA. I was also a coach for a CrossFit gym. I've enjoyed, adapted to, and excelled in all my work opportunities, but have yet to find the one that I'm meant for. I feel like it may be right around the corner for me now.

I've done some adventure racing, and spent a lot of time kayaking on the MS river. The longest race I participated in was from Kansas City, to St. Charles on the MO river. I wrestled in high school, participated in BJJ, and helped coach youth folkstyle. My favorite thing to do is work elk in the mountains with my bow in hand. I'm an avid hunter of big game, waterfowl, and predators. I did have an opportunity to hunt alligators once, which was pretty cool. There's nothing like hunting with my feet on the ground though. Trying to be invisible, and using all your senses to get within shooting range is quite a game. I've hunted tree stands in the south, but don't prefer it compared to the western mountains. In these hobbies I've learned that success comes in the preparation. As Abe Lincoln is suspected to have said: "Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend four hours sharpening the axe".

I feel like my purpose is to give what I have to a group, and support/lead in any way I can. I'm excited and grateful to have the opportunity to try my best and show who I am in selections!

That's far too many "I"s, but I suppose that's the purpose of a biography. Thank you all for your service, and best of luck to anyone else who is on the path towards selections!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:52   #1617
Tiny Elvis
Asset

Intro

Greetings,

Relatively new QP here. I've been out of the course for about a year and a half. One Afghanistan trip under my belt. Great experience, but it really showed me how much I have yet to learn.

I followed the forum over the years and benefited greatly from the members here. Figured it was about time I joined.

-MR
Tiny Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:31   #1618
JC_80
Asset

Introduction

Good day!

I would like to first express my gratitude for being granted an opportunity to participate in the discussions on this forum. For several years now, I have treated this forum like an encyclopedia as I searched for technical guidance on equipment and considered the opinions of those at the tip of the spear. It is possible, in a round-about way, that I, like many others here I'm sure, may have helped put some kid at SmartWool through college, or at least contributed to a weekend of which there is vague recollection!

I look forward to participating in more discussions in my efforts to stay abreast of new information, specifically in the areas of fitness, training, firearms, and gear.

Respectfully,

JC
JC_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 20:35   #1619
Jlangenbach
Asset

Introduction

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joey I'm 20 years old, born in raised in Arizona and I'm working on my BA in Political Science at Northern Arizona University. I've come to this website to seek the knowledge from the men who I seek to follow in their footsteps. I've always wanted to join the Army and earn the Green Beret and be among a brotherhood like no other. I'm currently here to seek answers to my questions about the path to Army Special Forces. Thank you to the Admins who accepted my request to be a member of this website and all the advice I can gain from you is much appreciated!!

Respectfully,

Joey Langenbach
Jlangenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 21:25   #1620
Asset

Introduction

Gentlemen,

I have been reading and lurking for a long time here and have never felt the need to introduce myself as a result.

I am just a full time student who plans to join SF.

I very much appreciate the site, its been very helpful to me.
2011149 is offline   Reply With Quote