Old 03-28-2012, 18:28   #136
h0m3b0dy
Asset

greetings,
i am 29 year old father of two from the mid west. i am also the son of a marine (2nd mar div 1982-1984) and novice/amatuer military historian and proud supporter of our troops. let me extend a sincere thank you to all service men and women, and especially to all you special operations forces who go where no one wants to go to do things no one wants to do. you all are truly special indeed. im here to be a humble fly on the wall and occassionally pick the brains of you gifted gentlemen. thank you again and best wishes to all.
h0m3b0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53   #137
Jpett96
Asset

Not sure If I already posted an Introduction

Hello,
I am a 16 year old high school student with the dream of becoming a "Quiet Professional," it may seem a bit far-fetched to some but I have the intention of doing anything and everything I can do achieve this dream. I am excited to learn here from the Quiet Professionals themselves.
Jpett96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 20:07   #138
corey.terry
Quiet Professional

Hello!

I am 37 and have been in the military 18 years. I was a Cav. Scout for 9 years and went to selection in 2002 and went through the 18D course in 2004........for those that went to the JSOMTC I was class 02-04. Spent all my team time in 1-10 SFG and have been at the JSOMTC as NCOIC of SOCM TEAM III for almost 2 years.
corey.terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 22:55   #139
khy3eb
Asset

Reposting intro, not sure what happened to the first one or my other posts but here it goes.

I'm a Native Texan who joined the Army Reserves after three years of college, after being deployed in support of OIF/OND I came back to finish my degree. Married, no kids yet. Studied political science. Currently debating between grad school and law school or going into the workforce for a couple years.
khy3eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:46   #140
AspiringWarrior
Asset

First post

Hey guys,
I'm an active duty Air Force officer, currently working with a TACP unit. I'm looking at making the transition from the Air Force to the Army National Guard sometime next year. Being with the JTACs here, I've discovered I love working in the field and I love being able to work with squared-away troops on the pointy end of the spear. Because of that, I'm actively pursuing a slot at SFAS through the ARNG to see if I have what it takes to lead green berets. To that end, I'm here to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can.

Thanks for letting me join the site.
AspiringWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:36   #141
Quizzical
Asset

Active duty Army for the last 9 years, 25 series. Supported 7th Group down in Guatemala a couple of times and was really impressed with the professionalism, demeanor, and attitude of the guys. It was pretty much a culture shock, after being involved with the "Big Army" my whole career.

I am at the "shit or get off the pot" stage of my career. I have a wife and two kids, with my wife being active duty also. I got a job offer making really good money, but sitting at a desk 9 hours a day does not appeal to me. Needless to say, doing my current job the next 9/10 years of my life does not appeal to me either. I am frustrated with the "Big Army" and the constant politics that go with it.

Most of my curiosity is guided towards QP's that have families, and how they are able to deal with it. Now, back to lurking. Cheers.
Quizzical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 17:28   #142
Solar
Asset

College student in the NG.

I've learned a lot from reading posts on this board and
continue to learn everyday.

Thank you QPs and others that contribute in creating such an informative forum.

Solar
Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 18:20   #143
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack12 View Post
Hello all! My name is Ross and am currently in college pursuing a major of International Securities and Conflict Resolution (fancy name for International Relations focusing on wars and the like) and Arabic. I am still unsure of what I am doing in the future. I have been lurking around here for some time and have seen what NOT to do, so hopefully I will avoid some of these shortcomings . I am looking forward to talking to some QP's and maybe getting some advice and more insight in SF world and community. Thanks to the admins who take the time to run this site, and the QP's for giving their wealth of insight and knowledge.
Lumberjack12,
Any chance you come from the timber industry?

I've been catching up on intros, an honor just to read many of them. Thanks all for being here.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 19:37   #144
Williwams
Asset

42A to CA to Aspiring SF Candidate

Hello group,

I am 25 years old, married for almost 6 years and we have one child. I was active duty from 2006-2010 as a 42A (it sucked, but the experience landed me my civilian job) and recently transitioned from the IRR to the USAR as a 38B. Becoming a QP has been a dream of mine sine (about) 2004. I am transferring from the USAR to the COANG. I have begun my training to prepare me for training with 5/19 SFG's SWTD prior to SFAS. Thanks for providing a one stop shop for all my questions thus far. You fellas certainly are Professional Soldiers. Until we speak again,

kw
25 meters

Last edited by Williwams; 04-04-2012 at 08:41.
Williwams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 22:04   #145
Mistwalker
Asset

Hello,

My name is Brian, I am a civilian, I am a very lucky husband and father of two beautiful daughters. I am an avid outdoors-man, a writer, a semi-professional photographer, and I work in research and development with survival equipment. Due to past life experiences I am pre-inclined to have a deep respect for the members of the United States Special Forces.

Please except my apology for for not posting here first. In all honesty it's not because I was unaware of the protocol, I had already read the instructions and I still have the pm that was sent when I joined. It was because I really thought I had done that almost two years ago when I joined this forum. I didn't really plan on saying much of anything here when I joined, it was more from a moment of missing old friends and looking for some sort of connection with their world. With the exception of my father the two men I admire most in my life were members of the special forces back in the 70s. I joined and I read a little here and there, but truthfully I didn't feel worthy of even speaking here. I remembered writing out an intro, but failed to remember how deeply I felt unworthy of even attempting to add anything here on this forum, and then deciding an intro would likely be an unnecessary waste of everyone's time, and then just logging out. I did however remember that I had noticed that some other people for whom I have a good deal of respect were also members here, and those were Bill Harsey, and Mark Carey of Spartan Blades. I recently had the pleasure of testing and reviewing the Hunter for a magazine and came to see if there was any chatter about it here. It is one of the best knives I've ever had the pleasure of working with. To be honest I still really didn't feel worthy of speaking up here, however having a deep respect for the guys at Spartan and their business model I was compelled to make a post expressing my thoughts on the knife anyway.

I regret that I failed to remember correctly, and once again offer my apology.

Brian
Mistwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:35   #146
Darklight
Asset

Hello ladies and gents,

I'm Sebastien from France so first of all, sorry for my poor english. I thought I already posted an introduction post here but I was reminded I haven't. I'm sorry for this.
Talking about me, I'm not in the military field at all but in the water treatment and management.
I have mostly join the Ps forum in order to contact and to learn more about Mr Harsey's work as I'm a knife enthousiast and collector.
My wife and I had the great opportunity to meet Bill and his family last summer during our honneymoon. About 1 year later I still have a big smile on my facer whan I think about this day. Once again, thank you Sir.

I guess that's it for me but please feel free to PM me with any question.
Thanks you.
Seb
Darklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:58   #147
Cowboy223
Asset

Greetings,
My Name is Brandon Currently serving in the Oregon National Guard , Im a 91A,
im a native texan and am hoping to return to texas by ISTing and trying out with the 19th in San Antonio. Got my packet and will hopefully trying out in december.

Thanks and all the respect to the QP's.
Cowboy223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21   #148
High Aspiration
Asset

Hello,
I am a 17 year old, soon to be High school graduate. I intend to attend college for International Business while training for SFAS. It looks like I have plenty of time to become as prepared as possible. With the information and motivation on this forum I'm going to succeed.

Thanks
High Aspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 21:47   #149
MRSD
SF Candidate

Hi all,

26 year old from Southern CA
Signed my contract for 18x, leave July 31st.

Looking forward to the opportunity to serve for and with the best.
MRSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 22:18   #150
Whitetip1115
Quiet Professional

28 Yr old 18E4W7 out of A/1/1, Active duty since 2005.
Originally from MI, currently on rotation in Afghanistan.
Whitetip1115 is offline   Reply With Quote