Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Introductions V

Make your first post here:
Old 02-08-2012, 13:21   #2
lazyrider89
Asset

intro

I am 22 years old and am stationed at BAMC. It has always been my dream to become a "Green Beret". I am eager to learn all i can from the vast amount of resources available on this site.

Last edited by lazyrider89; 02-08-2012 at 13:28.
lazyrider89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 21:53   #3
threatlevelorange
Asset

threatlevelorange "Jesse"

Hello. I am a guest. My name is Jesse. I am a senior citizen who has supported the Military and Law Enforcement community since I was a little kid. I have been a Class 3 FFL Dealer for more than 40 years. I have attended extensive tactical training at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, The Lethal Force Institute and many more lesser known but important schools.

I was one of the first licensed Professional Parachuting Instructors by the USPA. I hold USPA Gold Wings #350, USPA D (EXPERT LICENSE) 2529, SCR#381. My last jump in 1981 was #1,256.

I graduated from the University Of Saint Thomas in 1974 With a Political Science/Pre Law degree.

I am proud to say I know some of your members, who will go un-named.

I am a North Texas Patriot Guard Rider with about 75 missions completed over the last couple of years.

All I can say is "Thank you for your service. You are American Heros".

Jesse
threatlevelorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 22:16   #4
Ambush Master
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by threatlevelorange View Post
Hello. I am a guest. My name is Jesse. I am a senior citizen who has supported the Military and Law Enforcement community since I was a little kid. I have been a Class 3 FFL Dealer for more than 40 years. I have attended extensive tactical training at Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, The Lethal Force Institute and many more lesser known but important schools.

I was one of the first licensed Professional Parachuting Instructors by the USPA. I hold USPA Gold Wings #350, USPA D (EXPERT LICENSE) 2529, SCR#381. My last jump in 1981 was #1,256.

I graduated from the University Of Saint Thomas in 1974 With a Political Science/Pre Law degree.

I am proud to say I know some of your members, who will go un-named.

I am a North Texas Patriot Guard Rider with about 75 missions completed over the last couple of years.

All I can say is "Thank you for your service. You are American Heros".

Jesse
TLO (Jesse) is known to me. Any ??s send a PM!!

Later!!
Martin
Old 02-08-2012, 22:26   #5
APJ
Asset

Introduction

I am a 19 year old student at Limestone College. I've wanted to join the Army for as long as I can remember, and I'm competing for an Army ROTC scholarship.

I've been looking around the site for a bit before I joined, and I've already learned a lot. I look forward to learning even more.

APJ
APJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:01   #6
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Thank you, QP's

First, let me give thanks to those that have served, are serving and are going to serve. Without you, I couldn't be here today living the life I do and I mean that. I'm completely grateful and so very humbled by the sacrifices of those before me and after me.

I grew up under the guidance of Marines, a couple Soldiers and a mother that could whip the hell out of all of them, especially me. I'm a father, son, brother and husband. When my grandfather passed, he gave me two things I keep with me today - his '72 Chevy Pickup and stories from his time in Europe.

To hear him tell it, he was nothing less and nothing more than a Soldier. Through his distant recollections and the faded pages of his mind, he shared most of his stories with me at night sitting around a campfire. Not once did he ever talk about himself. He always talked about "the others" and how they were the heroes and how he "was just doing his job" for the ones to his left and right.

To me, he was my hero. Growing up, heroes weren't men in pads and a jersey. Their names were on the front of their uniform and stamped in metal or carved in granite. They hardly ever appeared on TV and were often never thanked by the media.

Their sacrifices sealed the fates of so many that would follow them. Their castles? At most, a tent. Their moats? A trench. A beach-front vacation was only a few seconds unless they survived their amphibious assault. They didn't dodge drafts, they dodged bullets and mortars.

I'm not sure how I could ever possibly contribute to this website, but I'll always give my most humble thanks to the QP's and my prayers to the Lord.

Seth
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 16:17   #7
Horrible
Asset

Greetings

Glad to be here.

Last edited by Horrible; 04-09-2016 at 11:54.
Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 21:31   #8
TheCadot
Asset

First off, I'd like to say thanks to all who served, and especially to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

My name in Jonathan R., I attended Valley Forge Military College through their Early Commissioning ROTC Program on a full ROTC scholarship, and was actually talking to our NG recruiter about possibly SMP'ing with 20th Group in Fort Meade (though, he might've been blowing smoke up my ass being I was a Cadet).

Shattered my wrist in 5 places (Scaphoid and Triquetrum) and didn't recover on time to contract and had to pull out of the program.

Honestly, I didn't feel the calling to be an officer as much anymore, and decided to enlist on active duty and am currently awaiting an 89D (EOD) contract, once I get my full driver's licence (thanks, New York State).

Someday, way down range, when I'm older I hope to be able to get Selected and join Special Forces.

Until then, I'll be expanding my knowledge reading posts on the forum.

God Bless America.

Last edited by TheCadot; 02-09-2012 at 22:16.
TheCadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 23:15   #9
Mauser98
Asset

Hello all.
16 years old and a current student pilot in Hawaii. I race pretty much any cycling, swimming, running or triathlon event up to and including 24 hour events and ultras. Working towards becoming a military pilot and and this involves attaining a 300 APFT score (amongst other fitness goals) to make me more competitive for WOFT so I've set SF level fitness as a goal.

Highly interested in the information offered on this website. (e.g. survival, fieldcraft, cool little engineer projects etc) As you can tell, I also enjoy shooting firearms etc. I chose this forum specifically because you are a funny lot (I mean that in a good way) and appreciate your sacrifices in keeping us safe.
Mauser98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 17:43   #10
JYD73
Asset

Greetings

Greetings, my name is Neil, I heard about this site while doing research to help a friend of mine. I am a Veteran, but nothing special and nothing extraordinary. I made an introduction on “introductions IV” but it disappeared. So here I am again! I am researching MACV-SOG and I am very interested in the “Prairie Fire” missions and Hatchet Force operations of mid 1970 to early 1971, as conducted by Command and Control Central. I have been doing research for about one year now and I have discovered a great deal of information, but yet I also know that I have learned very little. I’m mainly here to see if there are MACV-SOG warriors of that time period and if I can learn more than what is in the books and archives. I am interested in the interaction of MACV-SOG and Regular Army at the time, along with the political climate. I am very interested in their posts and would like to listen to what they have to say. The main thing I have found in reading about MACV-SOG is absolute awe of the missions and accomplishments of such a few, and how little information there actually is about these accomplishments and missions. Hat’s off to all you MACV-SOG warriors out there and I hope you don’t mind me reading your posts.

Respectfully
Neil
JYD73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 20:24   #11
christophery
Asset

Hi, my name is Christopher and I am a 24 year old new yorker. At present I am recovering from a work related injury but I intend on pursuing an 18x contract for a shot at selection.

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now, however I only recently registered so that I can utilize the search feature. Thank you for providing these forums as they contain a wealth of information and is more than what I could hope for when it comes to preparing myself for this endeavor.

Best regards,
Christopher
christophery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:40   #12
Doc_Shane
Asset

I am a former Medic (91B20) and former FMF Corpsman, served 18 years total before getting medically separated, so my purpose for being here is simply to read and learn.

SF soldiers have always had my utmost respect, the Marine units I was in were at best "medium speed" so I will stay in my lane and comment only on things I am qualified to comment on.

Last edited by Doc_Shane; 02-11-2012 at 10:45.
Doc_Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 13:45   #13
bama23
Asset

First of all let me thank the creators of this site. I have learned so much from the advice and experiences of others that has been posted here. I heard about the site from a friend in my battalion who has recently gone to SFAS.
I am a Firefighter/Paramedic for the city of Atlanta as a civilian and senior medic for A co. 1/167th Inf. MY purpose of joining the site is to gather more information about my MOS and to pass that information along to others.
If you have any other questions about myself feel free to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Make your first post here:
Old 02-11-2012, 14:07   #14
VanZwieten
Asset

I'm CDT VanZwieten, a ROTC cadet at Wheaton College in Wheaton, IL.

A little about myself: I am pursuing an Aerospace Engineering degree and loving it. I'm hoping to branch engineers out of college. I take PT very seriously and have been maxing the APFT for a couple of years now, though I know I still have a lot of progress to make physically and mentally.
I like any game that takes a lot of strategic or tactical thinking and don't like a lot of shooters for that reason. I feel at my absolute best when I'm backpacking with my home on my back.

I am interested in Army Special Forces because I believe it is the only way to win the war on terror. I think that social evolution will cause humanity to realize that most of the solutions we're looking for lie in basic relationships, and as I understand it SF is based on making solutions informed by relationships with local people.

All this is to say: thank you gentlemen for your selfless service. Our Army is imperfect and makes mistakes, but you guys lay down your lives and do your best for my own freedom, so in my book you are praiseworthy.
VanZwieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 16:05   #15
bjones
Asset

Hi there... I'm a sophomore at Grove City College in Grove City, PA. My hometown is Bedford, Indiana.

I'm currently a varsity swimmer, water polo player and Eagle Scout. My other activities are listed in my profile.

I am looking to enlist as an 18x within the next few months. I have been reading threads on this site for a few months now, and I appreciate all the information that has been made available.

Thank you.

No need in having your name in more places than necessary on the web. Welcome.

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 02-11-2012 at 16:13.
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote