Old 02-22-2004, 20:38   #1
Sire24657
Asset

Tactical Tailor?

Is Tactical Tailor a good manufacturer of Assault Rucks? I am in the market for a good tactacal -type ruck, and would like to know if their kit is very good, or should I go with someone else?

If you have any recommendations, I would be receptive to those as well.

Thanks,

Sire24657
Sire24657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 20:45   #2
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Are you looking for a Ruck or an assault pack such as the TT 3-day pack?

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 20:43   #3
eggroll
Guerrilla

Logan Coffey, the head of TT, is a stand up guy and his products are worthwhile.

It may help to qualify what exactly are you looking for? an ALICE ruck mod or an 'assault' pack along the lines of a larger Molle patrol pack.

EGG
Old 02-27-2004, 13:28   #4
Sire24657
Asset

I am in the market for a good ruck mod (or suitable substitute).

I have seen the Eagle Large A/B ruck, and the Malice Rucks; are both a good choice?

Thanks,

Sire

Last edited by Sire24657; 02-27-2004 at 13:31.
Sire24657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 13:50   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Sire24657
I am in the market for a good ruck mod (or suitable substitute).

I have seen the Eagle Large A/B ruck, and the Malice Rucks; are both a good choice?

Thanks,

Sire
The Eagle Alpha III is good, and is a good value.

The London Bridge is good, as is the TT, but IIRC, are a bit more money.

The Kifaru is excellent, but is very expensive.

I would avoid the Blackhawk unless you have a spare and live near the plant.

Just my .02, YMMV.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 17:08   #6
eggroll
Guerrilla

I might add that The Reaper, had the FATTEST packed AIII I have ever come across.

For an assault pack, the AIII takes the cake

The AIII Airborne Large - skip it and go with a MALICE II or III

While you are at it, if you want to hump a green leech around, I would advise you to look at getting one of the HighSpeed Gear Inc's ALIPADS (ask about the 2nd version) - It makes humping the leech all the more bearable.

EGG
Old 02-27-2004, 17:37   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Yeah, but it was all full of good gear!

Honestly, you felt how heavy it was, I believe it peaked at over 55 lbs. on Day 2. I myself was shocked at how big the A III Large really was when I saw one in person.

I agree, if it gets that big, might as well get an Alice or Kifaru. I can tell you that I have personally put 135 lbs. in a Large Alice with a few mods. Any more volume, and I would probably have it too heavy to lift.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 18:12   #8
eggroll
Guerrilla

I've dragged the AIIIABL out on a couple of UFL exercises... *wow! I have a day job ya know :-)* While the layout had promise, the suspension left MUCH to be desired. From the standpoint of interoperability with your CIF - and whats left about, go with the TT MALICE

I would also have to share in concurrence about BHI's packs - I have come across more than my fair share of BHI blowouts to flat out not recommend them to anyone. TR said it best, why buy a copy when you can buy the original.

Of course, the seeming difference would be the BHI STRIKE gear, decently constructed, but in tow with BHIs operating mantra of no original gear, these are nothing more than ripped off designs from Eagle and Parclete. I would not be surprised to see a FUGLY or LOPPY clone within the year.

EGG