Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 02-12-2010, 08:50   #1
Defender968
SF Candidate

Thumbs down Botach, stay clear!

I searched but didn't find a specific threat on Botach tactical and wish I did before I ordered with them. This company is horrible, they advertise things on their site they don't have, and that aren’t in fact even made, but they will charge your credit card and then just say it's back ordered.

I ordered a pair of narrow Bellevilles from them, they charged my card and then put it on backorder and refused to return my calls. When I finally called Belleville they informed me they didn't even make a narrow in the boot I had ordered from Botach, a dozen calls later and I finally got it changed over a month and a half after the original order.

Same order, I purchased an Eotech 517, wasn't able to take it to the range right away, when I did it was completely jacked up, extremely dim, (couldn't get it any brighter tried new batteries and pushing) had two center dots, one in the center of the circle and a slightly dimmer one up and to the right, and it couldn't be adjusted to get on the paper from 25 meters, shot the dirt up real well but basically the sight was just junk, Botach's response when I emailed them to find out how to get it resolved, oh well sorry about that call Eotech.

I will never do business with this company again and would caution anyone thinking of buying with them to find an alternative source.
Defender968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:55   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Botach is widely known as a rip-off on the various internet gun forums.

I had the same experience with them and their too good to be true pricing. CCD charged and nothing delivered. I finally had the CCD company deny the charges.

I am sorry that they got you too.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 15:51   #3
st1650
Asset

It's probably not cool, because it's kinda too late ... but just throwing it out ... usually when you google a company names, you get a pretty fast idea of what kind of service you might expect.

In the case of botach when you google 'botach tactical fraud' not only you get dozens of forums links were people comments on how shitty their experience was with them, you usually also get the content from other google search aka google suggest. In that case:

Searches related to botach tactical fraud:

complaints botach tactical
botach tactical scam
botach tactical service
botach tactical worst
botach tactical company
botach tactical bad

By comparison with googling a great gear company with similar keywords
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...&aq=f&aqi=&oq=

Nothing negative ...
st1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 16:19   #4
PSM
Area Commander

I ordered some boots from them a couple of years ago at a GREAT price. They arrived in two days and fit great.

So, a few months later, I ordered a lot of FAK perishables to replenish our kits. Every single item was AT LEAST two years past expiration. One item was 5 years out of date. I got no response from e-mail or phone calls.

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 16:22   #5
Defender968
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by st1650 View Post
It's probably not cool, because it's kinda too late ... but just throwing it out ... usually when you google a company names, you get a pretty fast idea of what kind of service you might expect.

In the case of botach when you google 'botach tactical fraud' not only you get dozens of forums links were people comments on how shitty their experience was with them, you usually also get the content from other google search aka google suggest. In that case:

Searches related to botach tactical fraud:

complaints botach tactical
botach tactical scam
botach tactical service
botach tactical worst
botach tactical company
botach tactical bad

By comparison with googling a great gear company with similar keywords

Nothing negative ...

Yea they had a good sale going on, and I jumped on it rather than doing my research to make sure they weren't dirt bags, bad on me, won't happen again. I just want to make sure no one else here gets scammed.
Old 02-12-2010, 16:26   #6
Sigaba
Area Commander

The things one sees when lurking in the hallways...

An irony is that while this company drags its feet on orders and stonewalls customers, someone is quick to show up here and register using the company's name the very same day that Defender968 tells us of his experiences.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 16:29   #7
st1650
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
An irony is that while this company drags its feet on orders and stonewalls customers, someone is quick to show up here and register using the company's name the very same day that Defender968 tells us of his experiences.
Woah!

Nice find.

BTW I had an excellent experience buying a pair of Belleville boots from vtarmynavy. They had lots of stuff at 50-75% off. I had a pair of 13 leather wide with steel toed for 45$. I'm trying to find the link but it seems they don't have them in closeouts anymore.

Last edited by st1650; 02-12-2010 at 16:34.
st1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:16   #8
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

I ordered a pair of boots and a plate carrier from them, and both of those were great product, amazing prices, and arrived quickly. So when I saw the smokin' deal they were offering on the Blackwater Lum tanto (made by Benchmade, same as their 760 model, only with the bear paw machined into the handle), I jumped on it. That knife arrived fucked up like a soup sandwich. It was as if a truck had backed over it. Everything was cockeyed. I had to tear the whole knife apart, repair shit, and re-fit parts. If I didn't make knives for a living, I'd have had to send it back.

So I've experienced a 33% failure rate with them, although everything I ordered was in stock. But I did call them and verify stock when I was ordering.
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 21:30   #9
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
There's actually quite a few "industry" people on this website, many are "friends" of Special Forces.
I'm sure the last thing anyone wants is a bad name with us, cause it only rolls down hill from here. I'm sure Dan is here to "explain" what the "problem" is at Botach.

I don't have any idea who Dan is but I'll go and "waive" Dan's 72 hour waiting period so he can post. Dan if you're reading this, ensure you read our rules before posting on this website. (Your first post goes in the intro forum.)

TS
Old 02-13-2010, 23:29   #10
PRB
Quiet Professional

I like their prices but their service stinks...I called two days ago asking about my order and was told it hadn't shipped and they (the lady on the phone) didn't know why....she couldn't tell me if it was out of stock or whatever.
It would take 24 hours to check on and get back to me......in this day of computers etc. no one knows what's the status of your order?
BTW no one got back to me in 24 hours either.
I believe that they list items they do not have in stock and may not even know what they do have in stock.
Very slipshod.
I'll not buy there again.
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:18   #11
Defender968
SF Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRB View Post
I like their prices but their service stinks...I called two days ago asking about my order and was told it hadn't shipped and they (the lady on the phone) didn't know why....she couldn't tell me if it was out of stock or whatever.
It would take 24 hours to check on and get back to me......in this day of computers etc. no one knows what's the status of your order?
BTW no one got back to me in 24 hours either.
I believe that they list items they do not have in stock and may not even know what they do have in stock.
Very slipshod.
I'll not buy there again.
I had the same experience, after I made multiple calls and left lots of messages I finally got to talk to a woman who had no idea what was going on, nor could she answer any questions. I finally flat out told her I had called Belleville and asked if they made the boot in question in the size in question and they told me they didn't. I then suggested they refund my money and/or substitute another boot (that cost exactly the same amount) but she had to call someone else because she couldn't make that seemingly simple thing happen.

At best this company is run by people without a clue, at worst they're outright criminals.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:28   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Virtually everyone I know who has dealt with them has a similar story about Botach, there are hundreds of these stories posted on boards everywhere.

This is a good collection of them:

http://www.epinions.com/webs-Web_Ser...splay_~reviews

While a lucky few actually got what they ordered in a timely manner, if they continued to order, it eventually happens to them as well.

Caveat emptor.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28   #13
BotachTactical
Asset

Hi guys

Hello, my name is Dan and I am a rep at Botach Tactical.

Some of you might have seen my posts on other forums. (M4carbine, thefiringline, etc)

Essentially, I have posted to specifically reach out to customers who have had problems with their orders in the past.

Since I began posting, the feedback has been solid, and a number of customers have renewed their faith in our company. All I ask is that you put me to the test, and the results will speak for themselves. Please email me at

dan@botachtactical.net

I will be happy to take your questions/concerns about old orders, unprocessed orders, item availability and pricing.

-Dan
BotachTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:52   #14
PRB
Quiet Professional

How about this order 685929
PRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:10   #15
C0B2A
Quiet Professional

Wow, even after TS post telling him where his first post goes he still gets it wrong. Not off to a great start in your "test" Dan.