Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-24-2012, 16:07   #1
cbtengr
Area Commander

O's Losing his base

Obama does not care who he screws, its refreshing to see one of his Hollywood followers who is feeling a bit jaded.
Guess he thinks he's paying his fair share.
""I voted for the guy, and I'm a Democrat. What a f**king a**hole"

- Jon Lovitz on President Obama

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz1sztpsGdO

On another note Obama is visiting the U of Iowa tomorrow to tout his concerns about the rising tide of college debt. Its not a campaign trip though. Whats amazing about this trip is that all of the "limited" available tickets were not grabbed up on the first day. Local news was pushing the fact that you could still get your ticket to see the "emperor", on the radio this morning. The dems are saying that since the last election there are 8,000,000 new voters and O's going after them. Lord knows he's not after my vote, I work for a living which is one of the reasons I will not be part of the crowd at the Field House tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2012, 16:38   #2
Richard
Quiet Professional

Dims have a lot of $$ to throw around, and with the current state of the economy...well...the repugs better build up their kitty, too, or...

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BHO Voter.jpg (65.4 KB, 107 views)
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 16:49   #3
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

The President is out today making a down payment on a new base today in North Carolina.
Oldrotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45   #4
Sigaba
Area Commander

For those who take with a grain of salt the reporting of Fox News, detailed data on the president's standing among various cohorts is available here.

The incumbent can be and should be beaten in November, but not if his opposition keeps blowing the same tin horn or listening with a tin ear.

My $0.02.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 13:35   #5
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaba View Post
For those who take with a grain of salt the reporting of Fox News, detailed data on the president's standing among various cohorts is available here.

The incumbent can be and should be beaten in November, but not if his opposition keeps blowing the same tin horn or listening with a tin ear.

My $0.02.
You know, I read a lot of smug, snide bitching about Fox News from the liberals on this board.

Since you guys are so prejuced towards that outfit, would you mind posting some proof that Fox news reports falsely, just by way of explanation to those of us who aren't pseudo-intellectual?
Old 04-25-2012, 15:43   #6
Sigaba
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
You know, I read a lot of smug, snide bitching about Fox News from the liberals on this board.

Since you guys are so prejuced towards that outfit, would you mind posting some proof that Fox news reports falsely, just by way of explanation to those of us who aren't pseudo-intellectual?
QP Dusty--

The issues are accuracy and journalistic ethics. In regards to the former, the link in my previous post provides polling data. The data indicate the president's approval among his core constituents remains at or near the same level he's averaged throughout his presidency. By contrast, the Fox News celebrity gossip article would have us believe that (1) Jon Lovitz is a comic who influences political discourse, and (2) that the grumblings of a guy who can't get arrested in the TMZ reflect a growing erosion of Hollywood's support for the president.

In regards to the latter, FNC's parent corporation is under continued investigation by the UK for criminal misconduct. Why is it that FNC gets a free pass for this scandal when members of this BB have taken a "fruits of the same tree" approach to so many other issues of the day--especially those regarding the fourth estate?

One additional point. Just because some on this BB do not agree 100% with a given set of views does not make them "liberals" nor "pseudo intellectuals."
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 15:45   #7
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
QP Dusty--

The issues are accuracy and journalistic ethics. In regards to the former, the link in my previous post provides polling data. The data indicate the president's approval among his core constituents remains at or near the same level he's averaged throughout his presidency. By contrast, the Fox News celebrity gossip article would have us believe that (1) Jon Lovitz is a comic who influences political discourse, and (2) that the grumblings of a guy who can't get arrested in the TMZ reflect a growing erosion of Hollywood's support for the president.

In regards to the latter, FNC's parent corporation is under continued investigation by the UK for criminal misconduct. Why is it that FNC gets a free pass for this scandal when members of this BB have taken a "fruits of the same tree" approach to so many other issues of the day--especially those regarding the fourth estate?

One additional point. Just because some on this BB do not agree 100% with a given set of views does not make them "liberals" nor "pseudo intellectuals."
Yeah, well, when Hannity gets busted for hacking, you points can be validated.
Old 04-25-2012, 15:56   #8
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Yeah, well, when Hannity gets busted for hacking, you points can be validated.
You writing for WaPo now?

FWIW - MoveOn is on the move...

Richard

Did Republicans just lose the election?

In 2008, young people voted in record numbers and went for President Obama over John McCain by more than 2-to-1.1 This year, every election expert agrees that if that happens again, Obama will win easily—and the Democrats will probably win back the Congress.

And now Republicans have handed us a golden opportunity to fire up young people to vote in 2012.

You see, because of Republican obstruction in Congress, interest rates on college loans are set to double this July—pouring even more debt on a generation already drowning in student loans. President Obama is pushing Congress to stop it, but as usual Republicans have dug in their heels.2

To make sure young people know what's happening, we're launching one of the largest online ad campaigns in MoveOn history—putting ads on the Facebook page of every college student in America to warn them about this Armageddon of student debt.

We've already tested several versions of these ads, and we know they're effective at getting students to take action.
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 16:00   #9
Pete
Quiet Professional

It's interesting

It's interesting to note those same collage students who will fall for this are too stupid to realize it was a Democrat House and Senate that passed the cut a few years ago - and set it to expire this summer right before the election.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 16:02   #10
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
You writing for WaPo now?

FWIW - MoveOn is on the move...

Richard

Did Republicans just lose the election?

In 2008, young people voted in record numbers and went for President Obama over John McCain by more than 2-to-1.1 This year, every election expert agrees that if that happens again, Obama will win easily—and the Democrats will probably win back the Congress.

And now Republicans have handed us a golden opportunity to fire up young people to vote in 2012.

You see, because of Republican obstruction in Congress, interest rates on college loans are set to double this July—pouring even more debt on a generation already drowning in student loans. President Obama is pushing Congress to stop it, but as usual Republicans have dug in their heels.2

To make sure young people know what's happening, we're launching one of the largest online ad campaigns in MoveOn history—putting ads on the Facebook page of every college student in America to warn them about this Armageddon of student debt.

We've already tested several versions of these ads, and we know they're effective at getting students to take action.
Virtually anybody at WaPo would sacrifice a limb for that story.
Old 04-25-2012, 18:57   #11
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I hear a lot of innuendo from people who may not like Fox's opinion personalities, and seem to think that also affects Fox's news reporting.

Most of the MSM has let their news writers post personal opinions and in some cases, report outright fraud (Tailwind, Bush's military records, Zimmerman's phone transcript) as news.

At least Fox normally lets the opposing viewpoint be presented.

Fox is, in my view, only right wing in respect to the MSM. Otherwise, I see them as centrist.

Stop repeating HuffPo's diatribe and show me specific incidents of Fox misreporting or presenting opinion as news.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:03   #12
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
QP Dusty--

By contrast, the Fox News celebrity gossip article would have us believe that (1) Jon Lovitz is a comic who influences political discourse, and (2) that the grumblings of a guy who can't get arrested in the TMZ reflect a growing erosion of Hollywood's support for the president.
"
I guess I do not have enough of an imagination to think that Fox News would think that John Lovitz rant reflects any kind of growing erosion of Hollywood. I personally take his political views as seriously as I do Sean Penn, George Clooney or any other of the leftist elites out there who think we care about how they think. I just found the whole thing funny.

The school loan interest debate is a joke, purely political, Obama is out there leaving our best and brightest with the impression that the loans are going to be done away with. He is not saying that but that is what these attendees are coming away with. A young idiot from the U of Iowa was interviewed after his pep rally yesterday and referenced the fact that she had $60,000.00 in school debt as of now and how if O can get this interest rate cut she will no longer have as much debt. They can cut that rate to zero but she will still have that original $60,000.00 in debt. Wasn't it O's crowd who nationalized student loans? I think he's desparate.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:07   #13
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
I am sure that you could go through the reporting of all the major news outlets and find mistakes they have made (MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, etc...) BUT the thing is that Fox News reports on things the other news outlets will ignore and also points out their various hypocrisies regarding different issues. Fox will always make sure to present the right-wing points of view on issues. Yes, this can lead to its share of conservative and libertarian talking points, but the important thing is that it means all the different viewpoints are presented.
You are right on the money with this.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:23   #14
Don
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I call "Red Herring" on that point. Whatever is going on in the UK with Sky News and Rupert Murdoch has little to do with journalistic ethics on any of the non-opinion shows on FNC ...unless you know something that isn't being reported yet.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:44   #15
Pete
Quiet Professional

News vs Editorial content

Many seem to confuse News vs Editorial content programs.

Hannity & O'Reilly are not "News" Programs any more than the talking heads running similar programs on the lib stations.

They must be lib stations. If Fox is right wing because of Hannity & O'Reilly then CNN must be left wing (Cooper) and MSNBC must be really left wing (Mathhews, Olbermann & Maddow).
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote