Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 09-01-2018, 09:03   #1
Last hard class
Quiet Professional

Are you masculine?

It seems Walmart wants to expand the definition of masculinity. I was watching ESPN the other day when the below advertisement popped on the TV. This company is wholly owned by Walmart . I guess I'm just an old dinosaur. Because it seemed to me these guys could use a little testosterone therapy. Then again my dictionary is not new either.

http://creativity-online.com/work/bo...finition/55049

LHC
Old 09-01-2018, 10:20   #2
Guymullins
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last hard class View Post
It seems Walmart wants to expand the definition of masculinity. I was watching ESPN the other day when the below advertisement popped on the TV. This company is wholly owned by Walmart . I guess I'm just an old dinosaur. Because it seemed to me these guys could use a little testosterone therapy. Then again my dictionary is not new either.

http://creativity-online.com/work/bo...finition/55049

LHC
Why would anyone call their company Bonobos a type of Chimpanzee?
If they can't get the species right, why would they get the gender right?
Guymullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:28   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Sound and looks like they are trying to define the new feminity??

BUTT my dictionary is ole too...

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:04   #4
cbtengr
Area Commander

It was as if they had all heard the word for the first time.
Old 09-01-2018, 14:16   #5
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

My reply: “Is there a mustache in Mexico?!”

Their conformity to “non-conformity” is appalling and, sadly, expected. I do not have a son to teach how to be a masculine man; however, my daughter will know what a man should be - both from my good and bad examples (I try to emphasize the good and apologize for the bad).

Twitchy
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 17:54   #6
exsquid
Quiet Professional

This is why I haven't grown a beard even though I don't have to shave anymore. Too many skinny jean wearing hipster types growing mega beards so they can feel more manly. At least one of those men in that commercial was actually a woman and several were what we considered in the old days to be flamboyantly gay. When I was a teenager I worked in the fine dining restaurant industry which is notorious for being very gay friendly so I knew a fair number of openly gay men. The funny thing is, most of them were more masculine than a lot of straight guys I see today.

x/S
Old 09-02-2018, 00:41   #7
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post
This is why I haven't grown a beard even though I don't have to shave anymore. Too many skinny jean wearing hipster types growing mega beards so they can feel more manly. At least one of those men in that commercial was actually a woman and several were what we considered in the old days to be flamboyantly gay. When I was a teenager I worked in the fine dining restaurant industry which is notorious for being very gay friendly so I knew a fair number of openly gay men. The funny thing is, most of them were more masculine than a lot of straight guys I see today.

x/S
all you need to know is this line....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0315.jpg (123.8 KB, 89 views)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:21   #8
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquid View Post

x/S
There is the Santa gig?
Not full time
Crazy Customers
Supplied uniforms
Off-Season unemployment checks

Just saying
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot - 4_25_2017 , 6_51_30 AM.jpg (37.4 KB, 49 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:25   #9
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

"None of these really sound like me"

Of course not, you are an inefectual panzy who expects the world to be nice to you and accept your shortcomings as natural and make allowances for inability to overcome your own failures.

How is being strong, aggressive or powereful" a negative?
Like anything else, masculinity (at least as these fools present it) is just another tool that some make use of. Like anything else it comes down tools how it is used (like a gun in the right hands)

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:26   #10
Pete
Quiet Professional

If you don't meet standards - change them until you do.

Works for some.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:54   #11
PSM
Area Commander

Bonobos: Pygmy Chimps. Sounds right.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 18:38   #12
Razor
Quiet Professional

Perhaps the fact that bonobos are known for wide-spread (no pun intended) homosexual behavior (and the gay community constantly point to this as some kind scientific proof that being gay is normal) played a part in the company selecting this name?
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 05:35   #13
TJ11B
Auxiliary

What the hell did I just watch? I just kept waiting for the Tampax commercial to start.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:37   #14
bblhead672
Area Commander

Wide array of male progressives...they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. One common characteristic - no brain.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:33   #15
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Wide array of male progressives...they come in all shapes, sizes and colors. One common characteristic - no brain.
Also, testosterone levels are probably bottomed out from strangulation of their testicles by their skinny jeans - at least that might help keep them from reproducing...
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote