... Dead at 81

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...at-81.amp.html
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 22:57   #2
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
Thank you for your service.but good riddance with republicans like you who needed leftist liberals as swamp critters destroying the country

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 08-25-2018 at 22:59.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 23:18   #3
TWITCHY
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
Thank you for your service.but good riddance with republicans like you who needed leftist liberals as swamp critters destroying the country
+1
TWITCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 23:34   #4
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Hopefully his seat will be filled with a true conservative. Figured I wouldn't make much comment about him since Mamma said, "if you can't say something good, say nothing at all"
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 23:54   #5
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
Hopefully his seat will be filled with a true conservative. Figured I wouldn't make much comment about him since Mamma said, "if you can't say something good, say nothing at all"
Buzz here is that the Governor is going to appoint Cindy to the seat until a special election. I hope that that was just to ease McCain's mind that his RINO ways would continue after his death. The Gov is up for reelection.

Unfortunately, I can't honestly thank him for his service. It was expected, given the family history, and was largely less than honorable. Whatever he did or didn't do as a POW must be weighed by his father's position at the time. In my life, his name had its first red flag at the Marine EM Club at Camp Swachb, Okinawa, in 1968 and never improved.

He will not be missed.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:49   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
RIP "warrior"

End of subject...

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:05   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Buzz here is that the Governor is going to appoint Cindy to the seat until a special election.
Oh shit.

He might as well pic a Dim for the seat.

Like father, like daughter.

RIP.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 19:15   #8
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Like father, like daughter.

RIP.

TR
Wife. TS is closer to the source intel, though. I hope it's wrong.

I agree, though, he should Rest in Peace now. His years in captivity were Hell enough.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 08-26-2018, 19:21   #9
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Wife. TS is closer to the source intel, though. I hope it's wrong.

I agree, though, he should Rest in Peace now. His years in captivity were Hell enough.
5 years in the Hanoi Hilton does not excuse his actions against this country or the families of those who never returned and left behind....shame on his voter base and shame on those who voted because he had been a POW

His entire life is that of privilege and self serving narcissism from the USS Forrestal with his hotshot crap to his not accepting early release from Vietnam which by the way he would have been more than likely court marshalled for accepting early release since his release would have seen him as accepting favor from the enemy....I have no doubt he fully understood this being trained in SERE and the code of conduct

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 08-26-2018 at 19:29.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 19:28   #10
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
5 years in the Hanoi Hilton does not excuse his actions against this country or the families of those who never returned and left behind....shame on his voter base and shame on those who voted because he had been a POW

Again, no argument from me:

Quote:
Unfortunately, I can't honestly thank him for his service. It was expected, given the family history, and was largely less than honorable. Whatever he did or didn't do as a POW must be weighed by his father's position at the time. In my life, his name had its first red flag at the Marine EM Club at Camp Swachb, Okinawa, in 1968 and never improved.

He will not be missed.
Doesn't rule out the pain he suffered during those years.

Last edited by PSM; 08-26-2018 at 19:31.
Old 08-27-2018, 14:40   #11
bblhead672
Area Commander

I can thank him for whatever he did honorably while serving and in captivity.

However, not for the betrayals beyond that. Benedict Arnold was once honorable, then he wasn't.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 15:18   #12
SouthernDZ
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
I can thank him for whatever he did honorably while serving and in captivity. However, not for the betrayals beyond that. Benedict Arnold was once honorable, then he wasn't.
+1

I don't know if he was responsible for all or much of what occurred aboard the USS Forrestal or not. Much of this is lost to history and considerable political influence; however, many who knew him recognized that he was a frat boy pretending to be a Naval Officer and Gentleman. I know I won't miss his voice and vote in the U.S. Senate.
SouthernDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 15:38   #13
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Of the 591 from Operation Homecoming... how many have passed?

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 17:32   #14
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

he would have been more than likely court marshalled for accepting early release since his release would have seen him as accepting favor from the enemy

Maybe he could have claimed to have bine spurs that needed attention from an American doctor as an excuse to take early parole.
He deserves to rest now.

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 17:34   #15
Sohei
Area Commander

Rest In Peace, Sir!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote