Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-16-2018, 07:48   #1546
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
Survived Chicago! And in one piece...after my flight out from my little Airport was shut down right after takeoff for security reasons. Seems some stupid lady decided to circumvent security and board my flight with a ceremonial cake knife in her carry-on. Whoops TSA!

No-one knew until we landed and our flight was met by four barrel-chested Chicago PD, and countless TSA crazies running around shouting and holding up pictures. Comedy at it's finest!

Had a blast!

Holly
Glad you had a great time Holly! Looks chilly...LOL

I had a nice time, old town of Melbourne Florida was great. A lot of shops & a nice Irish Pub (I did not get a nice Chicago Dog @ the Hotdog place; Dang) but had a nice Espresso and Almond Tart at the French Bakery...Nice time in Vero Beach at my friends; a sweet Brewery (Orchard Island Brewery)...Ohhhhh, that nice Oktoberfest Beer and a Pig Tray LOL! No Yoga at the Beach, quite windy and rainy, and the water was a bit rough. I did get soaked watching the Surfers.....

But staying with my sister reminded me of my grandmother's; luckily they had a pool and a gym....Ha....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 16:32   #1547
tonyz
Area Commander

William Wolf Pecan Bourbon

A new find worth sharing. I was introduced to this new (to me) small batch bourbon this past week...smooth and priced right !

This pecan bourbon is reportedly produced in small batches and aged for five years. It is infused with ALL NATURAL flavors of RAW South Carolina Pecans and 100% Canadian Maple.

Now, I’m on the hunt for it locally.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 17:01   #1548
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
A new find worth sharing. I was introduced to this new (to me) small batch bourbon this past week...smooth and priced right !

This pecan bourbon is reportedly produced in small batches and aged for five years. It is infused with ALL NATURAL flavors of RAW South Carolina Pecans and 100% Canadian Maple.

Nice.....sounds yummy, is it William Wolf Whiskies/Pecan Bourbon & there is another called Winter Spice. Even though I am not a bourbon drinker I could use a swig now.....LOL

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 11-24-2018, 17:15   #1549
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
Nice.....sounds yummy, is it William Wolf Whiskies/Pecan Bourbon & there is another called Winter Spice. Even though I am not a bourbon drinker I could use a swig now.....LOL
It was late...a little liquid pecan pie seemed appropriate...consensus was that this hit the spot. Enjoy !

https://www.thinklikeawolf.com/whisk...an-bourbon.php

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 19:20   #1550
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post

I have bought something here in Iowa called REVEL STOKE Roasted Pecan Flavored Whisky. It's Canadian whisky 70 proof not too bad, got it at Walmart. I also like that Wild Turkey Honey. I am not a purist and prefer alcohol that don't taste like alcohol.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:37   #1551
rsdengler
Area Commander

How come every time I think I might have a "Happy Thought" of the Day, it turns out to be a "Unhappy Thought" ha, my luck it always turns to sh*t.

I think I'll try...here it goes.....Happy Thought of the Day....It's Wednesday, almost Friday, so that is good.....Oh...I may have a happy thought....yeah, the County Government is giving us a raise January 1st. Thanks for the extra 3% we did not get in July...I may be able to afford to buy my new house after this freakin divorce in a few months....LOL.....

OH, and thanks for the link to the Pecan Whiskey.....that could be my new friend...LOL....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 12-05-2018, 12:51   #1552
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdengler View Post
How come every time I think I might have a "Happy Thought" of the Day, it turns out to be a "Unhappy Thought" ha, my luck it always turns to sh*t.

I think I'll try...here it goes.....Happy Thought of the Day....It's Wednesday, almost Friday, so that is good.....Oh...I may have a happy thought....yeah, the County Government is giving us a raise January 1st. Thanks for the extra 3% we did not get in July...I may be able to afford to buy my new house after this freakin divorce in a few months....LOL.....

OH, and thanks for the link to the Pecan Whiskey.....that could be my new friend...LOL....
LOL, Rita!

Keep your head up, and you will get through this!!! Heck my Dad fell and broke a rib two days before Turkey day...spent it in the hospital...But things are looking up, and I think he wants to go skydiving! Haha.

If I wasn't on the wagon, I would gladly join your Pecan Whisky toast, so have a shot or two for me lady! Yum!!!

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:15   #1553
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
LOL, Rita!

Keep your head up, and you will get through this!!! Heck my Dad fell and broke a rib two days before Turkey day...spent it in the hospital...But things are looking up, and I think he wants to go skydiving! Haha.

If I wasn't on the wagon, I would gladly join your Pecan Whisky toast, so have a shot or two for me lady! Yum!!!

Holly
Holly...sorry to hear about your dad, hope he is doing better.

Ha, as far as the Pecan Whiskey, I am all talk because if I drank that kind of liquor I would be no good. I'd end up doing something really wicked and my luck, someone would have it all captured on a cell phone video..LOL...I'll stick with my Amber Lagers....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
Old 12-07-2018, 12:38   #1554
Box
Quiet Professional

Knowing that a free bottle of Gentleman Jack is waiting for you at home...

Gentleman Jack - an exceptional spirit that has been double mellowed to achieve exceptional smoothness. Its balanced flavor is perfect for celebrating life’

Its been said that Captain Morgan himself drinks Gentleman Jack when he is really looking for something special.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 12-07-2018 at 13:44.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 13:31   #1555
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Knowing that a free bottle of Gentleman Jack is waiting for you at home...
Ha, more like......Captain Morgan Private Stock .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
Gentleman Jack - an exceptional spirit that has been double mellowed to achieve exceptional smoothness. Its balanced flavor is perfect for celebrating life’

Its been said that Captain Morgan himself drinks Gentleman Jack when he is really looking for something special.
Its also said that Gentleman Jack (AKA Jack Daniels) is No Gentleman when its "Talk Like A Pirate Day", then he reaches for a bottle of Capt'n Morgan ARRRRRR....Variety is the spice of life. So we've spiced up life quite a bit (ARRRRRRR...You Spicy Sunkissed Wench).....Each Captain Morgan bottle with its own distinctive flavor and personality, that is suited for the mate (ARRRRRR..... I hope you like to matey, I sure would like to pillage yer booty) with an adventurous spirit. After all, we all have a little "Capt'n in us.... LOL

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita

Last edited by rsdengler; 12-07-2018 at 19:25.
Old 12-31-2018, 21:30   #1556
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Happy thought or maybe a bit of melancholy.....

Happy New Year!

DAJETFU
Drinking a little Havana Club and smoking a Monte Christo #2.

Shout out to

Sister Mowerby
Big Toe
Serpico
Vogel (naked guy)
MO
Stoney
Vinny bag-o-donuts
Bison head
Markenroth

I miss you guys every day

Blue skies ODA014

James Madison

Last edited by Ret10Echo; 12-31-2018 at 21:34.
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 23:57   #1557
PSM
Area Commander

Well, my happy thought of the day was to be that my wife and I flew in a B25. Back in the dark ages when we first started dating we went to Happy Hour at the 98th Aero Squadron at Van Nuys airport. We were out on the patio when a B25 taxied to the runup area, did it's run up, then taxied to the runway and took off. The magical sound and feeling of those radial engines are still with us 37 years later. Well, there is one aircraft missing in the phot below. It had an engine change the other day and was stopped by bad weather in OK.

But all was not lost, my wife took some good pix of WW2 and Viet Nam U.S. Army re-enactors displays that I will post later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Missing Plane Formation.jpg (29.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg P51 B24 B17.jpg (36.2 KB, 33 views)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:31   #1558
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Van Nuys airport.
Hah, thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you had a pretty day for it.

Major hangout when I was a kid just to get a glimpse of Clay Lacy's purple P-51 (yeah, it really was "Barney purple" but we didn't know Barney then) and bother the salesmen in the Cessna dealership.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:53   #1559
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Well, my happy thought of the day was to be that my wife and I flew in a B25. Back in the dark ages when we first started dating we went to Happy Hour at the 98th Aero Squadron at Van Nuys airport. We were out on the patio when a B25 taxied to the runup area, did it's run up, then taxied to the runway and took off. The magical sound and feeling of those radial engines are still with us 37 years later. Well, there is one aircraft missing in the phot below. It had an engine change the other day and was stopped by bad weather in OK.

But all was not lost, my wife took some good pix of WW2 and Viet Nam U.S. Army re-enactors displays that I will post later.
Those AC were here in Albuquerque last week. I love to see and listen to them fly.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 19:57   #1560
PSM
Area Commander

We arrived Friday after that days events and only the crews, vendors, and reenactors were still there. I talked to the local organizer and he said that we could camp in our travel trailer in the parking lot. The reenactors were inside the No Smoking/No Open Flame zone so they didn't have camp fires but did use battery powered lanterns and head lamps. As it got darker and activity at the airport died down (the runway and taxiway lights were turned on by keying a certain frequency on the radio) the glow of, probably, Marana, back lit the WW2 tents, Jeeps, and the tail of the B17. It reminded me of movies I've seen with images like that and it was a startling reminder that scene happened for real 75 years ago. The next morning the reenactors had morning mess served from Mermite containers.

Then the next day I went back 50 years:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M151.jpg (85.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg M274.jpg (120.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WC51.jpg (43.0 KB, 18 views)

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote