Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 08-20-2018, 10:17   #1
mojaveman
Area Commander

Special Forces NCO busted for trying to smuggle cocaine

A 7th Special Forces Group soldier has been arrested for trying to smuggle 90 pounds of cocaine from Colombia.

Anybody remember back in the mid '80s when the well respected MSG in 5th Group got busted for selling cocaine?

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...muggling-plot/

Last edited by mojaveman; 08-24-2018 at 10:48.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 16:09   #2
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaveman View Post
A 7th Special Forces Group soldier has been arrested for trying to smuggle 90 pounds of cocaine from Colombia.

Anybody remember back in the mid '80s when the well respeted MSG in 5th Group got busted for selling cocaine?

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...muggling-plot/
That was not for selling but for using...and he beat the Courts Martial too...
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:46   #3
Sohei
Area Commander

Crime in no respecter of persons or groups! I do hate reading these types of threads, but the reality is, crime has the ability to touch everyone - if they so choose.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:42   #4
F/51 LRS
Asset

There was a SFC in 7th Group that was busted and kicked out of the Army for drugs in the mid 80's. Pretty good dude too. Wont mention his full name, but his initials are LC.
F/51 LRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:57   #5
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by F/51 LRS View Post
There was a SFC in 7th Group that was busted and kicked out of the Army for drugs in the mid 80's. Pretty good dude too. Wont mention his full name, but his initials are LC.
How was he a good dude?

The term "good dude" these days is code for sychopgant into all sorts of debauchery moral ambiguity, defiant towards rules, party animal, flamboyant, peacocking, narcissistic, liar or B.S artists, destructive to the unit, disloyal to God and country, a centris, stands for nothing, will screw around on his wife and children, neglects his family for party and women, leaves his children and wife at the drop of a hint for a stripper, yearns for Marshall law.....amen to the fallen Messiah BHO.......rarely does it mean a good man that can be trusted

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 08-23-2018 at 11:07.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 13:21   #6
F/51 LRS
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
How was he a good dude?

The term "good dude" these days is code for sychopgant into all sorts of debauchery moral ambiguity, defiant towards rules, party animal, flamboyant, peacocking, narcissistic, liar or B.S artists, destructive to the unit, disloyal to God and country, a centris, stands for nothing, will screw around on his wife and children, neglects his family for party and women, leaves his children and wife at the drop of a hint for a stripper, yearns for Marshall law.....amen to the fallen Messiah BHO.......rarely does it mean a good man that can be trusted
Fiar question. He is very well liked, solid family, is very active in a group that has a high concentration of SOF personnel in many states. Has a very good reputation as being honest. I know him a little, enough that on site would shake each others hands and BS for a few minutes. His kids are pretty well rounded. Dont know what else to say.
F/51 LRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 16:56   #7
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by F/51 LRS View Post
Fiar question. He is very well liked, solid family, is very active in a group that has a high concentration of SOF personnel in many states. Has a very good reputation as being honest. I know him a little, enough that on site would shake each others hands and BS for a few minutes. His kids are pretty well rounded. Dont know what else to say.
Humans are complicated. What you state may all be true and yet, he may be a criminal whose greed led him to forfeit all that respect that he was afforded by so many.

Bottom line is that, although ostensibly a "good dude", he may have been involved in the type of criminal activity that will only bring dishonor to the Army Special Forces.

He would not be the first either. When I was posted to Mexico - on loan to another organization - we discovered two instances of this: one was an SF guy and the other a SEAL. The former had escaped prosecution in the US (fled to Mexico) while awaiting trial over the sale of US ammunition to a paramilitary group in another country and - when found - was working in the employ of an illicit organization. The latter was found to be knowingly providing tactical training to members of a ruthless drug cartel. Unfortunately, there is always that small percentage of guys who disparage the rest of the organization. They must be dealt with and we must not attempt to defend their actions, ever.
Old 08-23-2018, 22:38   #8
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post
Humans are complicated. What you state may all be true and yet, he may be a criminal whose greed led him to forfeit all that respect that he was afforded by so many.

Bottom line is that, although ostensibly a "good dude", he may have been involved in the type of criminal activity that will only bring dishonor to the Army Special Forces.

He would not be the first either. When I was posted to Mexico - on loan to another organization - we discovered two instances of this: one was an SF guy and the other a SEAL. The former had escaped prosecution in the US (fled to Mexico) while awaiting trial over the sale of US ammunition to a paramilitary group in another country and - when found - was working in the employ of an illicit organization. The latter was found to be knowingly providing tactical training to members of a ruthless drug cartel. Unfortunately, there is always that small percentage of guys who disparage the rest of the organization. They must be dealt with and we must not attempt to defend their actions, ever.
Agreed and exactly right by defending such behavior is condoning it which sets the conditions to further dishonor self, family, unit, country, God....criminal behavior is criminal behavior no matter how it is spun....either it is wrong or it's right

I am a supporter of scorch Earth policy by commands....to erase the thought of the juice being worth the squeeze. Betrayal by helping a criminal organization enemies of our nation who puts drugs on our streets further deteriorating our society deserve Swift and brutal punishment.....what is the difference between treasonous traitors in service to nation in war with Taliban or Criminal orgs???.....none

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 08-23-2018 at 22:45.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:35   #9
Joker
Quiet Professional

Whatever happen to those two slack jaw fuck sticks? Caught and punished, I hope.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:07   #10
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post

I know of who you talk about, I would have figured he would have gone to Bolivia! My understanding was he had ties in S. America. Mexico, eh? Was he extradited? I had just left Colombia before that happened, also, someone everyone regarded highly prior to it happening.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:22   #11
Pete
Quiet Professional

F/51 LRS

You've made two posts on this board. Neither has been where your first post was supposed to be.

Get squared away. Now.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:50   #12
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
I know of who you talk about, I would have figured he would have gone to Bolivia! My understanding was he had ties in S. America. Mexico, eh? Was he extradited? I had just left Colombia before that happened, also, someone everyone regarded highly prior to it happening.
The one you refer to was brought back to face justice. I never really followed up on the case after we found him. I can't take credit for finding him either. One of our really sharp 18Z's was looking over at SSE material and noticed that an expense report, was written in a way familiar to that 18Z. He looks up and says, "Hey... this is written as if one of our guys was reconciling funds after training at Blackwater or something like that. I think one of 'our' guys is down here." That was pretty much how it went down.