Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-14-2017, 02:00   #1
spaike97
Asset

Michael Flynn resigns

Things escalated really quickly. Now the thing is, who's gonna replace him on a permanent basis?
spaike97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:39   #2
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaike97 View Post
Things escalated really quickly. Now the thing is, who's gonna replace him on a permanent basis?

Seems like Flynn has been a target since his name was first mentioned. I read this morning that Robert Harward and Petraeus might be new candidates.

The Dems really want the entire Trump Administration to resign or be impeached...

Representatives John Conyers of Michigan and Elijah Cummings, to of the most Honorable Democrats said "Now, we in Congress need to know who authorized his actions, permitted them, and continued to let him have access to our most sensitive national security information despite knowing these risks"

And for days on end the Honorable Maxine Waters has been clamoring for the impeachment of President Trump.

On top of that while I was driving around yesterday I heard that Obama may have set himself up with an offsite White House in those last minutes EO's he signed in the last hours of his administration.....and some say he is orchestrating the ongoing discourse.

The Judiciary has over stepped it bounds. The education secretary has been obstructed from doing her job. Leaks to the media..........the inmates (public servants) are running the asylum!

Last edited by Paslode; 02-14-2017 at 12:04.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:52   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

I think some of these subversives should be hung in the public square...
...hung by the neck in front of their children
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:58   #4
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
Seems like Flynn has been a target since his name was first mentioned. I read this morning that Robert Harward and Petraeus might be new candidates.

The Dems really want the entire Trump Administration to resign or be impeached...

Representatives John Conyers of Michigan and Elijah Cummings, to of the most Honorable Democrats said "Now, we in Congress need to know who authorized his actions, permitted them, and continued to let him have access to our most sensitive national security information despite knowing these risks"

And for days on end the Honorable Maxine Waters has been clamoring for the impeachment of President Trump.
If there is one thing in life I despise, it's sore, pathetic losers masquerading around as adults. The above listed losers need to realize they lost the battle and either move on or quit and go back to their caves.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:59   #5
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge2 View Post
If there is one thing in life I despise, it's sore, pathetic losers masquerading around as adults. The above listed losers need to realize they lost the battle and either move on or quit and go back to their caves.
Oh, they're just getting started.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:03   #6
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
Oh, they're just getting started.
Indeed they are. The clown will be strong in the next coming months to be sure.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:03   #7
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Trump needs to use this as an opportunity.
Flynn's replacement should be someone more unpalatable to the dims than Flynn was.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:20   #8
akv
Area Commander

Libtard sour grapes aside, is Gen. Flynn without fault here?
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:29   #9
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Trump should nominate Eddie Snowden for the job.

I honestly don't know what the issue was between Flynn and the Russkies but if there was collusion or impropriety that could bite him in the ass he should step down and publicly state that he thought he was doing the right thing for the country but made a mess of it. Always have to tell your boss the truth!

It's telling that the Dems think that Patreus should be given another chance. No, I don't think so...he's already a rotten apple.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:31   #10
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

For some strange reason, I figured that things would begin to make more sense in the world once we elected once Trump was elected.

Things seem to be making less sense though.

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:36   #11
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand View Post
For some strange reason, I figured that things would begin to make more sense in the world once we elected once Trump was elected.

Things seem to be making less sense though.
I don't think so. I really believe though that the level to which the Dems will go to undermine and de-legitimize this administration might bring us to the brink of civil war and active insurrection.

Can't remember the foaming at the mouth hatred since the Vietnam war protests and Nixon.

ETA: The people that elected Trump own the pitchforks, torches, and cling to their guns and bibles. The opposition only have a smartphone and a bullhorn.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 02-14-2017 at 12:39.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 13:47   #12
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I honestly don't know what the issue was between Flynn and the Russkies but if there was collusion or impropriety that could bite him in the ass he should step down and publicly state that he thought he was doing the right thing for the country but made a mess of it. Always have to tell your boss the truth!
Yep...don't lie to the boss and, if you did wrong, own it upfront. He could have done just as you spelled out in the above quoted portion and realized that he had become too much of a distraction for the administration to have to deal with since they are fighting multiple fronts.
Old 02-14-2017, 14:06   #13
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
I don't think so. I really believe though that the level to which the Dems will go to undermine and de-legitimize this administration might bring us to the brink of civil war and active insurrection.

Can't remember the foaming at the mouth hatred since the Vietnam war protests and Nixon.

ETA: The people that elected Trump own the pitchforks, torches, and cling to their guns and bibles. The opposition only have a smartphone and a bullhorn.
^ This!
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”

--Thomas Jefferson
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 14:49   #14
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Did we not do the same thing with Obama? The whole birth certificate, associate with Ayers, Rev. Wright, nation of origin, inexperience, etc...

This "feels" different though. There is an air of increasingly open hostility amongst the #nevertrumpers. We never had anti-anybody "protest" (riots), never beat up Obama voters, or ripped those stupid stickers off their cars, or vandalized their yard signs. There was no march after his inauguration.

We are accused of being violent, racists, homo-islamo-xeno-phobic, yet look where all that behavior is coming from. (Its not from the right side of the fence, or even the middle).

"Fuck that - man up - kick over the podium, piss on the teleprompter, wave your dick at the TV cameras and drop the mic' as you walk off the stage. " - the QP formerly known as BillyLBach
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 14:54   #15
Sohei
Area Commander

This happens with elections. But, how issues are drug out says a lot about the people doing the dragging. There are clowns with a R, D, I, or whatever other letter they want after their names. The problem is, once the issue has been dealt with...move on. It will be addressed or it won't. Doesn't make it right, it's just what it is. If it isn't handled, they should be held accountable at the next election. If it isn't, then the collective people have the government they elected.