Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 03-14-2007, 08:16   #61
JGarcia
Guerrilla

Be careful with accepting the lable "Homophobe"... It's an incidious little way of making those opposed to homosexuality the people with the problem.

I had a professor in college for my Ethics and Morality class in California that prepared a pretty good argument against Homosexuality. This was about 7 years ago. Anyhow, he went on to say that societies have always had taboos. In otherwords, bedrock beliefs that were agreed upon and recoginzed as taboos. He said that homosexuality is wrong because it undermines the family unit, which is a fragile thing. Societies that are successful are so because of strong families, there are so many other temptations for family members (other mates) that adding another form of sexual behavior i.e., temptation, as an accepted way of life is another assault against a traditional family. Traditional families are the best environment for children, good children become good citizens, which makes for a good society, which is essential for a prosperous civilization. Diversity is devisive.

Then there is the argument about being naturally predisposed to homosexuality, by ones genetic makeup. They point out that creatures in nature are sometimes homosexual as well. Well if you put a rat in a cage and give it as much cocain as it wants it will eventually kill itself too... Naturally. Anyhow, man has many impulses that he may be predisposed to. But as members of society we are not free to indulge each and every impulse we have. I might be predisposed to destroy people who (I Percieve) threaten my family, should I freely engage my indulgences or predispositions, I would be incarcerated.

This attempt to get homo's accepted by the military is this: Another attempt to gain legitimacy to gain standing in a court of law as accepted way of life.

In places where there are large homosexual populations -neighborhoods- the numbers of families (mother father and children) decline. The city of San Franfreako, is scratching its head wondering why there are fewer and fewer families each year. The reason is that there are only so many dollars a municipality has for social programs. The pie is only so big. If you share the pie with Homosexual groups and their needs, the slice of the pie for children and the family gets smaller too... Another assault against the family. Then a cry goes out that the pie isn't large enough and a two parent family with children, is taxed - as well as everyone else- but the two parent family is already in a high priced realestate area, working two jobs, not getting assistance for day care, etc. is just making ends meet. So they move away from San Fran to places where the pie ain't so split up and taxes aren't so high.

Military families, already at risk (deployments, long hours, etc.) don't need the pie cut up into anymore slices.

It is getting to where a party could be formed along the lines of the Pro American Worker, Anti Homo, anti-illegal, pro-gun platform. I wish I had a bank roll, I would start one. Borders, Language, Culture... Amen.

Last edited by JGarcia; 03-14-2007 at 08:19.
JGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote