Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 01-30-2020, 12:07   #151
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Patriot View Post
We need to some how put the ball back in their court in the public eye. If VA is to be the battlefield, as it should be, I would suggest that non-violent disobedience would be the place to start.
I'll submit that, in this particular line of effort, EVERYwhere needs to be the battlefield that puts that burhock in their undies. I want them to be scrambling to be everywhere rather than husband resources & channel it to the latest Bible-thumping Gun-clinging neighborhood. Cheerleading VA from the bleachers - as we should - accomplishes nothing in terms of local, local, local.

FWIW, a certain county in Western WI is having its first informational sanctuary meeting in 2 weeks. The timing is excellent for a couple reasons. Both the County Sheriff (former Chief of my local PD) and the County DA are going to be there at the outset and are 100% in support. Then the target can be shifted to the county board members - and some of the old retired farmer sticks in the mud who had nothing to do are now gone (literally or figuratively). The current Dem gov, former Super of a failed Milwaukee school system, is hamstrung by R legislature and conservative judiciary. We are not going to wait for his Deus ex Machina* to flip the legislature and then flail our arms.

* = literally, god out of the machine; a miraculous divine intervention, aka, Bloomberg Buck$.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 13:32   #152
Florida Patriot
Asset

I follow the VA fight on a few other forums.
It's being said that the pressure is showing results.

"What's happening with the worse HB961? It's being stalled, by you.

WMAL reported this morning the bill has not advanced because 4 Democratic senators have "concerns" about the bill in its current state. I remember Deeds is one, Chap Peterson is another. I apologize I don't remember the other two, I'll internet and try to find a story to link. One even mentioned the definition of an "assault weapon" is troubling."

VSP estimates 26 million guns will qualify as banned by HB961 - the time, money and infrastructure isn't there to setup the framework to implement it, IMO.
That means that in order to "Register" all 26,000,000 firearms in just one year, if the law allows it, the VSP would have to process 71,233 applications PER DAY! They couldn't handle this in TEN years! However, I suspect MOST Virginians will simply NOT COMPLY.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200129-085032_OneDrive_jpg-1254307.jpg (72.6 KB, 14 views)
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

-- Samuel Adams --

Last edited by Florida Patriot; 01-30-2020 at 13:38. Reason: ETA: I'm trying to confirm the 26 million number with a link.
Florida Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:20   #153
Penn
Area Commander

VA Senate begins to veto bills.

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - The Virginia Senate has blocked one of Gov. Ralph Northam's top gun-control bills, making it another measure the Democratic governor supports that may not pass the legislature.
The Senate Judiciary Committee voted Monday against a bill that would make it a felony to “recklessly leave a loaded, unsecured firearm” in a way that endangers a minor.
The legislation is one of eight gun measures that the governor has urged lawmakers to adopt.
Virginia has become ground zero in the nation’s raging debate over gun control and mass shootings as a new Democratic majority has pledged to put strict new limits in place.
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/02/04/vir...cked-gun-bill/
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 16:54   #154
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Virginia... We barely knew ya.

Quote:
HOUSE BILL NO.9612
AMENDMENT IN THE NATURE OF A SUBSTITUTE
(Proposed by the House Committee on Public Safety)
(Patron Prior to Substitute––Delegate Levine)
House Amendments in[ ]-February10,2020

A BILL to amend and reenact §§16.1-278.9,18.2-287.4,18.2-308.2:01,18.2-308.2:1,18.2-308.2:2,718.2-308.7, and 19.2-386.28 of the Code of Virginia and to amend the Code of Virginia by adding sections numbered 18.2-308.9 through 18.2-308.13, relating to prohibiting the sale, transport, etc., of assault firearms, certain firearms magazines, trigger activators, and silencers; penalties.

Your 2nd Amendment is going to be a single shot hunting rifle... Unloaded.

HERE

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 15:37   #155
pcfixer
Guerrilla

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...r-now-n2561425
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 16:29   #156
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote: