Old 06-20-2021, 10:12   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
M17/M18 and suppressor Sights?

Looking at a reorg in my arsenal. The prices for the P320 and the military variants are coming down, at least at the component level. I suspect that all the MUST HAVE guys are starting to empty their garages that have piles of P320 parts, grips, slides, barrels....

So,, I picked up a NIB M18 x-change kit with slide, grip, 17rd(1) & 21rd(2) mags for a reasonable price, actually CHEEP based on the going prices for magazines. Also found a SIG threaded barrel for a good price.

Now for fitment..

Questions for those that have gone before me..

1)The M18 slide has the rear sight attached to the cover plate for the optic. How do you affix a rear suppressor sight? Currently, I don't plan an optic.

2)For those that don't have a deep pre-deployment cash cow, What light do you use, if any? The Streamlight TLR-7?

Looking for an FCU, not hung up on Mother Army's need for the safety. What is the going price in your area? I am in NOVA.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8900268-1.jpg (22.6 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (69.8 KB, 38 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:50   #2
Costa
SF Candidate

P320

After carrying a CZ, I too just converted to Sig. I got the 320 x compact, but the sight arrangement is the same as the M18, in that it's a rear plate. I was facing the same problem. I wanted to mount an optic for the first time, but did not want to lose my irons in the process. To make matters more complicated, Sig makes a "pro cut" slide that has a rear dovetail cut for sights, in addition to the optic plate. Also, on my BXR3 variant, it comes factory tapped for the RMR optic footprint in addition to the DPP footprint.

If you want to run irons with no optic, I would suspect that Sig makes suppressor height sights in pairs for the application. If they don't, Dawson Precision seems to make a lot of options. I'm sure you've tinkered by now, but the sights/plate are removed by slide disassembly. There are two Allen screws that affix from under the slide into the plate assembly. Remove those, and you're home free. The sight itself affixes through the plate, and the screws actually tap into the underside of the sight.

Additionally if you'd like to run an optic eventually and change your mind, there are a few companies that make plates that either have suppressor height rear sights or dovetails. I got the Bobro engineering plate and like it. CHPWS also makes some plates. For fronts, Dawson Precision makes various heights. For the BoBro plate, they recommend ~.375, but up to .400 "will be fine". I believe the CHPWS plate dovetail option is cut for Glock.

For lights, I was able to snag a TLR7A (which has switch options as opposed to just a button) for about $130.

FCU's are running around $350-400 from what I've been seeing over the last couple of months.

Happy building.