Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 10-29-2014, 17:15   #1681
Warriors34
Asset

1st Post

I'm a high schooler who's looking forward to joining the army as a 18x and joining the greatest brotherhood in the world. I'm always looking for advice for SFAS.
Warriors34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:01   #1682
Reader
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone. First of all, I want to extend my gratitude to everyone who has contributed their time and energy towards this site, particularly the QPs.

I am a former Marine officer working towards going the REP 63 route. I have spent the last few years after my service making myself more competitive for selection and I look forward to any advice that is offered. Thank you again.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:35   #1683
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future18x View Post
I'm a high schooler who's looking forward to joining the army as a 18x and joining the greatest brotherhood in the world. I'm always looking for advice for SFAS.
You need to choose a new user ID.

You aren't an 18 anything yet.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:25   #1684
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Welcome all.

You need to choose a new user ID.

You aren't an 18 anything yet.

TR
May I suggest Wannabe18x

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 19:03   #1685
merph
Asset

edit: too much info for an intro, im here to learn and read, not too many questions as my reading skills are up to par.

Cheers,

Merph

Last edited by merph; 11-01-2014 at 22:07.
merph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:49   #1686
Albert T
Asset

Introduction

I am 31 and looking to go to SFAS

I see there is a lot of helpful info on here and have learned a lot

Thank you for adding me to the network
Albert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 23:28   #1687
jaeryul2003
Asset

Introduction

Hello Everyone,
I just enlisted last month as an 18x recruit. I am shipping out in about 10 days.
I have been reading off from this site for awhile but did not know how to utilize certain features and writing my introduction little late.
But just wanted to show my appreciation for providing all the great advice and insights.
Thank you.
jaeryul2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 17:37   #1688
FateOne
Asset

Lurking for years. Registered long ago to see photos and have continued to quietly lurk. I come from a military family, though mostly Air Force. Army friends but no QPs.

Primarily here to follow Spartan and Bill Harsey over in Edged Weapons. I live in Oregon and have met Bill and the Spartan group at the OKCA show several times. Great guys and Bill's sense of humor is as sharp as his blades.

Thank you for providing this resource. I'll return to my LP to listen and observe.
FateOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 14:49   #1689
jkalaheo
Asset

Okay first post...I am an 18x shipping on 17NOV14 looking forward to it. Grew up in Hawaii and I enjoy the outdoors. From swimming in the ocean and surfing, hunting, hiking, or even running anything to get outside is my happy place. Just trying to learn as much as I can from experienced and knowledgeable people whether it be on the PS website or talking to SF guys that I have met. To me knowledge is the greatest asset anyone going 18x could have. It would behoove anyone going into this program to not listen to the advice given hence...POST YOUR INTRO fellas
jkalaheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 19:03   #1690
NatroActual
Asset

Hello all, thanks for having me here.

I turn 33 next week, prior 4 years USN. Working with a recruiter to join the AL Guard and work with 20th Group, and try out for SFRE. I know it will be a steep hill to climb, and time is working against me here...but I do know Crip from another forum (he is pretty much my hero lol) but I know he started his SF journey around my age...so it keeps me rolling on towards the goal!

Again, thanks for having me...I will keep my eyes/ears open and mouth mostly shut
NatroActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:03   #1691
InnovativeCGO
Asset

InnovativeCGO Intro

i commissioned as an officer through ROTC in 2005 and did 5 years on active duty.

after some time in the IRR i have now been a reservist for 3 years.

i got to see some of the world on uncle sugar's dime.

i am hesitant to over share here.
InnovativeCGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:23   #1692
Ramey870
Asset

I am a prior service Marine that served with 4/4 A Co. I am college educated, and a small business owner. Grew up in the hills of West Virginia. Am just a good ol' boy from the country. I have jumped through all the hoops to find a recruiter willing to work with prior service, and am going to MEPS next week to sign my 18x contract. Thank you everyone for all of the information, and thank you to the QP's who run this board.
Ramey870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 18:56   #1693
Pistol Pete
Asset

introductions

First of all, thank you for accepting me to your site. My name is Pete, I grew up with Green Berets around in my childhood. As I grew older I befriended others in the SF community and was looking forward to joining the military with the goal of earning the tab. Due to uncontrollable circumstances at the time, I missed my window and regret it to this day. Since then I did what I could to support and give back to the community that taught me so much. Any support I can give is truly an honor! Even though I'm a civilian I will do my best to contribute to this great site. One of the reasons why I applied to become a member here is to pass info along about an individual that has been scamming and threatening both men and women in the name of the Green Beret. I did pass along much of the Info to the appropriate contact and it really is upsetting that the person I reported has been committing crimes and bringing negative attention to the elite. I also joined to offer my services in anyway I can to support the SF community that has given me so much throughout my life. Anything I can give back to all those that selflessly sacrifice their own lives is again truly a humbling honor!

I hope this posted in the correct location, I use my phone for my computer and don't want to start off on the wrong foot!

Also, if I can't get online tomorrow, I want to personally thank all of you for your service and wish you all a Happy Veterans Day!

Thank you again,
Pete
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 20:30   #1694
marn
Asset

Hey, thanks for having me. I did my initial 4 as a 63H and then went IRR for about 4 years before joining the Reserves. In my time away I utilized the GI Bill and became an RN. I'm going to school to reclass to 68W in Jan.

In 2008 I was participating in the SF PT program they have at Hood, basically run by the guys who pass SFAS (and recruiting) while they're waiting on a school date, with plans on going myself. I deployed with my unit, and afterward, I just wanted to ETS and spend time with my fiancée at that time --as is typical, it was rough on our relationship. I'm 29 years old now, and I'm left wondering how things could have turned out differently. I believe I am more mentally prepared than I would have been then, and believe I can make a valuable addition as an 18D.

That is the goal, and I'm trying to decide on the best route in reaching it with the information found on this site.

Thank you.
marn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:49   #1695
lukeish
Asset

Hello to all,

My name is Luke and I've been lurking for a year or so, but finally decided to register so that I can access the forum features that make it easier for me to research. I am currently in the process of signing an 18x contract, and am very grateful for the information that has been made available to us hopefuls. I'm not here to ask too many questions, if at all, because half to fun for me is figuring everything out myself and over time. Again, thanks for helping us out!!
lukeish is offline   Reply With Quote