Old 11-15-2014, 08:54   #16
koz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino View Post
You might want to stick with the H59 reticle vs. the TReMoR2 if you're planning to use it on more than one caliber or with non-standard loads.
Absolutely agree.

Before you buy a NF Beast, try to get some time with one. I wasn't crazy about the turrets.

Last edited by koz; 11-15-2014 at 08:56.
koz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:15   #17
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

What Peregrino and koz said. The H59 is a fantastic reticle. No futzing with turrets to compensate for windage and elevation. I have an original Horus Blackbird with the H58 on my 16" .308, and it is super fast and easy to use. The H59 adds a mil to each side of the H58 Christmas tree and has an open center. The Blackbird is 1.5-8x power, has nice glass, and is a solid build, but you will probably want more magnification if you're engaging out to 1000 yards. In fact, aside from stronger illumination, my only major complaint with mine is that I wish it had stronger magnification for longer shots. But for a sub $1000 scope (that's retail - I got a smokin' on mine), I feel it's hard to beat and I have been very happy. Check out Horus' offerings. They have variables that go up to 26x magnification.
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 13:11   #18
MR2
Quiet Professional

Bushnell AR Optics 4.5-18x40mm BDC Reticle, Target Turrets Matte Blk

Looking at this to put on a .223 Wylde 18" match upper. At $150 it looks like a great deal.

Technical Specs

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil

Last edited by MR2; 11-28-2014 at 13:17.
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 14:32   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Looking at this to put on a .223 Wylde 18" match upper. At $150 it looks like a great deal.

Technical Specs
I have not shot that particular optic before, but I would not recommend it, even for a redneck deer rifle.

Bushnell continues to make a line of lower quality economy scopes while making the very nice high end products.

Even with Bushnell, you get what you pay for.

Just a heads up.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 22:07   #20
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I have not shot that particular optic before, but I would not recommend it, even for a redneck deer rifle.

Bushnell continues to make a line of lower quality economy scopes while making the very nice high end products.

Even with Bushnell, you get what you pay for.

Just a heads up.

TR
Thanks again to you and everyone else.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 21:42   #21
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post

Technical Specs
Before you pull the trigger on that one, take a look of this one too. Tons of bang for your buck, and flawless review
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...p/paps1-6x.htm

Solid scope from a solid company. Had to return a defective TRS25 the other day, less than 24 hours I received the RMA and a few days later I received a brand new, working TRS 25. Excellent customer service like what I used to get from Larue

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 20:01   #22
Bushmaster
Asset

I know this is a little late, but here is my vote for a decent "high-end" optic for a "low-end" price:

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scop...r-riflescopes/

Don't let the AR in the name fool you. I have four of these and three of them are on bolt guns. I have two 3X9's and two 4X12's. You can get the 3X9's for around $300 and the 4X12's for around $450. Some of the money you save can go towards a quality base and rings where many guys try to go cheap.

Other than the Leupold quality and lifetime warranty the two big things I like about these scopes are:

1. You can order a custom BDC from Leupold for the exact round you are shooting for about $65. You provide them the data, bullet weight, BC, muzzle velocity, temp, altitude, etc and they plug it in to their ballistic computer and laser etch a BDC for that round. I have one for 5.56/77 gr Sierra Match Kings, .308/168 gr Match Kings, and .243/95 gr Match Kings and they are dead on for range. For hunting I use .308/165 gr Game Kings and .243/100 gr Game Kings and the BDC are solid for normal hunting ranges (4-500 yards.)

2. The new MOD 1 P5 dials are all in Mils as opposed to MOA. This makes corrections when shooting unknown distances a lot simpler especially if you match it up to a MILDOT reticle.

Here is a decent review of these scopes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6V-vFLpTU

Last edited by Bushmaster; 12-26-2014 at 20:07.
Bushmaster is offline   Reply With Quote