Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Insurgencies & Guerrilla Warfare

Old 05-25-2014, 15:46   #1
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

QUDS FORCE COMMANDER MAKES SECRET VISIT TO SYRIA

IRAN: QUDS FORCE COMMANDER MAKES SECRET VISIT TO SYRIA - REPORT

http://irannewsupdate.com/news/terro...ia-report.html

Makes me question if this was more of an IO Campaign or what.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:56   #2
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Do you think this is a move to help stabilize an allie or are the 130,000 troops have longer farther reaching mission beyond Syria borders? If so is this a possible "second front" of fifth column infiltration into Iraq or more pointed at Israel in case the Israelis move against their nuclear program?
Quads there to help Stabilize, I love the way you put that. IMO no, look at what is going on in Venezuela. The Quads IMO have help spawn that implosion there. Quad forces are conducting world wide irregular warfare, the second front, more like their first since they can take hold inside Isreal. Syria for me, it seems like a Vietnam between us (USA) and USSR and China. Yet inside Syria you have so many other partners or hands inside the cookie jar.

Something needs to done to their nuclear program. Either it's us or Isreal.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:47   #3
Flagg
Area Commander

Sorry for the late reply as I've been overseas recently and just got back.

I thought it was a pretty open secret that Soleimani was "the" powerbroker in Syria for Iran?

I would think his role would compel occasional visits to Syria, but with considerations for personal security to mitigate possibility of him being targeted by US/Israel/folks on Saudi-Qatari payroll.

I'd be as much interested in learning about his travel planning as his organizations tactical/operational/strategic planning.

Is Soleimani too senior to be directly targeted by most capable external actors in opposition to Iran and/or Iran in Syria?

Would that be seen as too great an escalation, and instead result in the targeting of more politically palatable, less senior Qods Force Commanders?

If not, I could imagine his personal security element is lying awake at night thinking about people like Yamamoto.

Iranian aircraft seem to crash a bit.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote