I would expect no less.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:50   #17
37F5V
Guerrilla

I have a Camelbak BFM that I use for day to day as well as Patrol evaluations. The thing has more pockets and penholders than I know what to do with. Pretty damn comfortable and only set me back about $140.00
Old 12-05-2004, 13:45   #18
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYRGR
I have a Camelbak BFM that I use for day to day as well as Patrol evaluations. The thing has more pockets and penholders than I know what to do with. Pretty damn comfortable and only set me back about $140.00
Dang it, another pack to consider now.

You guys kill me, I post here to have you guys help me norrow my selections down, but the only thing I have accomplished is compound my list of Packs to evaluate.

"Wife, I need you to win the lottery because I need 5 different 3 Day Packs and I can't decide on which one I want"
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 14:13   #19
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Joe
Dang it, another pack to consider now.

You guys kill me, I post here to have you guys help me norrow my selections down, but the only thing I have accomplished is compound my list of Packs to evaluate.

"Wife, I need you to win the lottery because I need 5 different 3 Day Packs and I can't decide on which one I want"
Step 1 is to see if the RAID is even going to be available in the color and time you want.

If not, you can narrow your list down.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 14:24   #20
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Step 1 is to see if the RAID is even going to be available in the color and time you want.

If not, you can narrow your list down.

TR
Very true Sir. I'm calling LF on Monday morning. I just saw a post over there from a guy who has been waiting for an OD RAID since August. 5 months is not acceptable to me so I'm thinking the RAID is most likely out.
Old 12-05-2004, 14:39   #21
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Very true Sir. I'm calling LF on Monday morning. I just saw a post over there from a guy who has been waiting for an OD RAID since August. 5 months is not acceptable to me so I'm thinking the RAID is most likely out.
Unfortunately, the RAID is a LF exclusive item, and they are subject to the manufacturer's production schedule.

Good luck. You might call their retail stores and see what they have on hand.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 12-05-2004, 15:24   #22
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

The Ft Bragg store had 10 or so on the wall last week when I was in there. No CB's in stock though.

As a side note, they have come down on the price of the ABN RAID to 199.00.

Crip

Old 12-05-2004, 15:29   #23
BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Pack Question

What you really need is Mountain rucksack circa '50-'60's. You can put all you listed plus a Greyhound bus and room left over.

BMT
Old 12-05-2004, 16:12   #24
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric
The Ft Bragg store had 10 or so on the wall last week when I was in there. No CB's in stock though.

Crip
Were they in OD?
Old 12-05-2004, 16:14   #25
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgicalcric

Crip
Crip:

I wouldn't want to hump the extra hardware.

Army wants you to jump something, they will give you the gear to attach it.

Joe:

Only other colors for the RAID than the CB I know of is OD and Black.

TR

Old 12-05-2004, 16:14   #26
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Unfortunately, the RAID is a LF exclusive item, and they are subject to the manufacturer's production schedule.

Good luck. You might call their retail stores and see what they have on hand.

TR
Good Call Sir. I didn't know they were differnet entities of the same company I thought they all pulled from the same place.
Old 12-05-2004, 16:16   #27
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Good Call Sir. I didn't know they were differnet entities of the same company I thought they all pulled from the same place.
They are the same, but I do not think they pull stock off the shelf for internet orders.

You call the stores, they might be willing to help you.

TR

Old 12-05-2004, 16:23   #28
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Crip:

Joe:

Only other colors for the RAID than the CB I know of is OD and Black.

TR
Roger that, I thought I saw a Woodland and a 3 Color Desert as well but I could be wrong.
Old 12-05-2004, 16:25   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Roger that, I thought I saw a Woodland and a 3 Color Desert as well but I could be wrong.
Could be new. Never saw a 3C Desert.

Ask over on LF.com, maybe one of the employees (or Brad) will square you away.

TR

Old 12-05-2004, 17:01   #30
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Crip:

TR
Noted Sir. I dont wanna hump it either. I was just making note of it if there was anyone interested in the ABN version but was turned off by the additional price.

SJ:

The RAID pack comes in Black, CB, OD, WC, and 3-color Desert. They had OD in stock when I was there.

Crip