Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Bear Pit > PT/ H2H

Old 05-26-2004, 07:22   #31
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Razor
NDD, d'you get the 'manual' I e-mailed?
Negative
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 07:31   #32
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe

I recently went to a Bill Wolfe DEFENDO seminar. WOW that guy is one BAD MAMA JAMA. Mr. Harsey I'm sure you know Mr. Wolfe I guess he learned DEFENDO from Col Applegate. I can't wait to go to another one of his classes.

If you guys are curious this is DEFENDO .
My research indicates that Col. Applegate did not have to do with Defendo. It would seem that DEFENDU was what Fairbairn called his system fairly early on. I would guess that Mr. Wolfe's line is from Pat O'Neil (Fairbairn-Sykes stud from Shanghai) through the First Special Service Force and the Commando Schools in Scotland. From what I read, there was a divergence when Fairbairn came to the US to teach Americans with Applegate and Sykes et al stayed in the UK to teach the Brits, Canadians and deployed Gringos. Its all pretty much the same stuff, and I have heard good things about Mr. Wolfe. As the Blade Master said previously, all roads lead back to Shanghai prior to the war.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-26-2004, 07:45   #33
Smokin Joe
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
My research indicates that Col. Applegate did not have to do with Defendo. It would seem that DEFENDU was what Fairbairn called his system fairly early on. I would guess that Mr. Wolfe's line is from Pat O'Neil (Fairbairn-Sykes stud from Shanghai) through the First Special Service Force and the Commando Schools in Scotland. From what I read, there was a divergence when Fairbairn came to the US to teach Americans with Applegate and Sykes et al stayed in the UK to teach the Brits, Canadians and deployed Gringos. Its all pretty much the same stuff, and I have heard good things about Mr. Wolfe. As the Blade Master said previously, all roads lead back to Shanghai prior to the war.

NDD,

I think you would love one of his classes. Its a "serious down and dirty no BS about it, we are going to fight hard and mean until the other guy is knocked out or dead." He had some great simple to master techniques on how to drop someone in less than 5 seconds. He teaches to have someone down and out (one way or another) before you can count to 1,2,3,4,5.

MAKE SURE YOU WEAR A CUP. Man my nuts still hurt after that class.

He demos some the stuff he taught in the seminar I took on his online video clips. Check it out.
Smokin Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:03   #34
Valhal
Auxiliary

I've studied a little of everything, jack of all trades master of none. I started early, a system called big brother monkey stomp. Good shit.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this guy or his system. It looks interesting.

http://www.targetfocusweapons.com/

regards Mark
Old 05-26-2004, 11:32   #35
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Valhal
I've studied a little of everything, jack of all trades master of none. I started early, a system called big brother monkey stomp. Good shit.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this guy or his system. It looks interesting.

http://www.targetfocusweapons.com/

regards Mark
I don't know Mr. Larkin, but two observations:
Quote:
I've spent years training some of the most elite commandos including US Navy SEALs, 'Green Berets', Delta Force, US Army Special Forces, US Marshals, FBI Hostage Rescue Units and others in just this type of system.
sets off bells, whistles sirens to me.

2. He is far to pretty to be a Monkey Stomper.

Buyer Beware

You want tapes? Check out Jim Grover/Kelly McCann on Paladin Press. Very good Monkey Stomping. Carl Cestari tapes from the link on Gutter Fighting should be good as well, although I haven't seen them.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-26-2004, 12:11   #36
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Roger and agree. When you see anything on the web that says what this guy is saying it’s most likely pure bullshit.

There’s a guy in Scottsdale I made remove the same sort of lies from his website and now he runs/owns a multi-million dollar shooting facility. Go figure.

Living off the hard earned reputations of SOF soldiers rates right up there with selling drugs to children.

Team Sergeant
Old 05-26-2004, 12:26   #37
CPTAUSRET
Gun Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Sergeant

Living off the hard earned reputations of SOF soldiers rates right up there with selling drugs to children.

Team Sergeant
CONCUR, TOTALLY!

Terry
Old 05-26-2004, 12:35   #38
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

to join the crowd...

Studied a little of a few (2 yrs Northwest Freestyle -Steve "Mad Dog" Curran), 2 years Tang Soo Do (didn't care too much), 1 year TWD (not real flexible-I sucked), 6 years Wing Chun Kung Fu-1 year as senior student (by far my most favorite), and now a re-introduction to Hei Wa Do / Yammani Ryu weapons for just over the past 2 years, Was Shodan as a Child / now I Senpai for the lower belts) - qualified for the Nationals this year till I blew out my knee
The monkey Stomping techniques have been a closely gaurded secret I have yet to unlock or find someone willing to part with.
Me thinks that Gary O'Neal probably held some of them while he beat me senseless. He would use me for his warm-ups before he fought Van Damme in "Cyborg".

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 15:03   #39
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

never been much of a formal martial arts kind of guy

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Monkey Stomping is my style. My Master:
LOL....
I have studied and participated in this fighting style my entire life. Upon becoming an adult(16 w/fake ID, LOL), I began studying the art from some of the brightest and most experienced,well trained master's in the South. The sparring partner's names escape me, but the lessons learned from the victories and the few defeats have increased my appreciation for the science of the Monkey Stomping style. Just a few "dojo's" on my resume:

-Numerous lessons and seminars at the Pines Club just south of Wiggins, Ms.

-Untold and invaluable training sessions The Dutch Bar , Rodeo's, and the Dock in Jackson, Mississippi

- the Flora-Bama training facility on the Al/FL line in orange beach that is so dear and close to my heart

- Fat Harry's, Gold Mine, World Beat, Cat's Meow in New Orleans,La

- Honkey Tonk in Slidell, La.

From these master dojo's I have studied/observed/practiced/competed and strive to become a 6 THUMP level master monkey stomper. HaHa You boy's can keep your fancy color coordinated belts and girly robes. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: gif anigorilla.gif (26.0 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 05-26-2004 at 15:24.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 15:35   #40
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

BEFORE this turns into a " I can kick your ass with my robes and fancy belt" reply contest... I am not saying that you can't learn to improve your skills and possibly improve your outcome from training in a formal style. I am more of a believer in the "Wild Dog" attitude that fighting to win requires (see pic below for my Master). They don't and can't give anyone that with a belt or piece of certification for attendance. When one combines the ancient art of "wild dog" and "monkey stomp", then pure fighters are born. HaHa

I am just saying that I have known VERY few people that practiced enough and learned truly valuable techniques that actually help them in a street/bar fight. I know they are out there... No need to tell me about it.

I am sure a master "wild dog-monkey stomper" further refined by one of these special forms of training would indeed be one bad mofo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wilddog.jpg (2.5 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 05-26-2004 at 15:41.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 16:13   #41
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Are you claiming to be a bad ass, Saca?

LMAO
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 16:24   #42
Air.177
Quiet Professional

You realize that inflicting pain on defenseless folks in a chair with their mouth open hardly constitutes "Monkey Stomping" don't you ??

Weapon of choice:
Power drill

Insert Sock Bear comment of your choice Here:
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 16:29   #43
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

I actually studied for a time with Billy Blanks

Yes the Tae-bo guy

Loooooooooooong before tae-bo however
Old 05-26-2004, 17:10   #44
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

- 17 yrs.
- Koryu Bujutsu

By the way, "The Gutterfighters" train some of the most "interesting" units in the US arsenal.
Old 05-26-2004, 17:26   #45
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

wow, lot's of martial arts training around here. After posting what I did last night I also got to remembering all the bruises, torn hamstring, stitches, hurt back, broken toes, dislocated finger, more stitches, big knots on shins, insteps and head, busted mouth, loose teeth, broken collar bone, torn up knee... No wonder I stay locked up in my shop by myself now. I think I'll keep it that way.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote