Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-10-2004, 11:25   #1
Razor
Quiet Professional

Every Day Carry (EDC)

Ok, since many folks here don't have 'deploy to a combat zone' in their job description, how about sharing what you carry day-to-day on your person and why? AD guys, this is more along the lines of what you'd carry in your pockets or on your belt in garrison than your field-specific gear.

I try to always have:
  • CRKT M16 Ti folder
  • Kershaw Chive folder
  • Photon III covert
  • Mini Bic lighter
  • Day Timer
  • Mechanical pencil
  • 3' 550 cord
  • Change
  • Wallet
  • Gum/Listerine Breath Strips (I'm trying to be more considerate of others)

In my 'briefcase' for work I carry:
  • Leatherman Wave
  • Surefire E2e
  • Small first aid kit
  • Pens & Pencils
  • 5' of 100mph tape
  • Lansky triangle hone
  • CMG Infinity Ultra AA LED
  • Flat tire repair kit (tire levers, patches, CO2 inflator, hex wrenches, spoke wrench)
  • Small bottle of Lubriderm
  • bandana
  • reading material
  • steno notebook
  • work-related stuff (only if absolutely necessary )

Last edited by Razor; 05-10-2004 at 13:47.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 11:36   #2
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Let's see, the other day I overheard my little sister telling my middle brother to go ask me how I carried all of that stuff in my pockets everyday, so here we go:
  • Applegate Fairbain folder
  • Spyderco Renegade folder
  • Wallet
  • keys
  • chap stic
  • inova X-1
  • zippo
  • surefire G2 or Z2 in Kydex carrier
  • Motorola Cell phone
  • 3-5 Ink pens
  • Business cards
  • Fobus Motorola Radio carrier w/radio (for Work)

Occasionaly at least one of the items is forgotten/lost/destroyed. I hate to think how much stuff I would carry if I had a briefcase or a CHL
Air.177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 13:37   #3
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Re: Every Day Carry (EDC)

Quote:
Originally posted by Razor
  • 5' of 100mph tape
  • CO2 inflator
  • Small bottle of Lubriderm
  • reading material

EErrrrrr....UUUhhhhmmmmmm...........

Someone please PM me when this thread degenerates from a serious topic into the standard gibberish and babbling hijack.. I have something to say!! LOL hahaha

back to thread.....
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 13:49   #4
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Razor, Your inbox is full.
That is all
Old 05-10-2004, 13:53   #5
Razor
Quiet Professional

Reading is fundamental, dear DDS. Notice I said Lubriderm (a moisturizing hand cream), not Surgilube, which is probably what you were thinking. The other 'odd' items (besides the reading material, which comes in handy during the many, excruciating USAF-led meetings I attend) are indeed very important to me on a far too frequent basis. Gotta read between the lines, molar man.
Old 05-10-2004, 13:56   #6
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Re: Re: Every Day Carry (EDC)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
degenerates from a serious topic into the standard gibberish and babbling hijack..
Gibberish and Babbling? What do you think this is, Lightfighter or something?
Old 05-10-2004, 14:00   #7
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

I understand Sir... My mind is not always working to well after a full helping of the daily "grind" at work. I just have to keep "drilling" away at it until I get home though. LOL

I am sure you have valid and logical reasons for all the included items. Understood, Sir.

Sorry for the hijack... I tried to be an adult, I really did. (Air.177, your're lucky..I had a great little comeback for you "it's a bear not a monkey" boy!) LOL

back to thread....

Last edited by Sacamuelas; 05-10-2004 at 14:33.
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 14:10   #8
shadowflyer
Guerrilla

Out on the town....I carry the following:
  • Surefire M3 Millenium
  • Photon 3 Covert Red on a 550 Cord Necklace
  • ASP Baton
  • CRKT m16 Folder
  • Wallet
  • HK USP 40 Compact in Fobus paddle holster
  • 2 extra Mags in Fobus paddle mag holster

Back of SUV I carry:
  • Trauma Jump Bag
  • SPEAR Fleece
  • Goretex Parka and Pants
  • Nitrile Gloves
Old 05-10-2004, 14:23   #9
Air.177
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
(Air.177, your're lucky..I had a great little comeback for you "it's a bear not a monkey" boy!) LOL
Is That Right?
Old 05-10-2004, 17:05   #10
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

In civvies, I usually have on my person:

.45 ACP Para P12 with 12 rounds of LeMas
.380 KelTec P3AT with six rounds
Large Sebenza folder
Photon III White
BIC lighter
1/2 Cravat bandage
Chap-Stik
reading glasses
keys
money clip
business card carrier with IDs, permits, credit cards, business cards, toothpicks
change
Sharpie or other pens
Kramer horsehide belt
Cell phone

In uniform, above minus handguns, and:

Boots with 550 cord laces
Riggers belt
3x5 cards

Belt Pouch with:
Leatherman Wave
BIC Lighter
Silva Compass
3' 550 cord
Surefire E1 Light
Fox 40 whistle
Photon III Red
Pencil
Paper
Butterflies
Bandaid

I always carry my Eagle AIII which has a ton of gear in it, some survival related, and some not.

HTH.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 17:09   #11
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowflyer
Out on the town....I carry the following:
  • Photon 3 Covert Red on a 550 Cord Necklace
I would not wear a 550 cord necklace, except as a partial cover of a dogtag chain. The tensile strength exceeds that of your neck.

If it catches in anything, or I were going hand to hand with you, you would regret wearing it, till you lost consciousness.

Just some friendly advice.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 05-10-2004, 17:13   #12
Razor
Quiet Professional

Excellent point, and a good idea for everyone considering the number of people that wear their ID badges or security cards on neck cords nowadays.
Old 05-10-2004, 17:13   #13
shadowflyer
Guerrilla

TR,

Thank You Sir. I did not think about that scenario. I will adjust my method of carrying that particular light.

P.S. Sir , would I be able to purchase any of that LeMas ammo for my carry weapon?

Thanks in Advance,
Jason
Old 05-10-2004, 17:22   #14
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowflyer
TR,

Thank You Sir. I did not think about that scenario. I will adjust my method of carrying that particular light.

P.S. Sir , would I be able to purchase any of that LeMas ammo for my carry weapon?

Thanks in Advance,
Jason
That is why dog tag chains are breakaway. You do not want to be a towed jumper, passenger, biker, etc. It is also a point for jumpmasters to watch out for. I use my dogtag chain to carry one of my Photons, partially sheathed in 550 cord.

LeMas is military/LE only, sorry. Did you see my thread in the Ammo section with the pics? Will put up one more there later.

There is a similar civilian round, but I cannot speak to its efficacy. You might ask APLP about it.

TR

Old 05-10-2004, 20:18   #15
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

LOL - I just emptied my pockets.
Emerson CQC 7
Leatherman Wave
Cravat
Ace wrap
Surefire Z light
Otis cleaning kit
Cell phone
Nextel phone
Radio
Copenhagen
Palm
Dried fruit
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote