Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 12-31-2017, 08:08   #16
Box
Quiet Professional

It would be something so far beyond believable.... watching a bunch of antagonizing tweets from the "anti-politician" start a reaction that led to a change in Iran that 50 years of meddling by a politically motivated CIA simply cannot make happen.

It would be so satisfying to watch the heads of establishment hacks explode in disbelief.

I'd expect to see the establishment actually interfere with such a success just on principle though.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:33   #17
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

I’d wager that Iran has been left alone as not to cause a power vacuum in the region. They are no threat to anyone other then their neighbors. The only power they might be able to project is terrorism, that’s about it. The protests are probably a result of them continuing their nuclear program and the West saying, “that’s enough” enjoy the coming coup.
Just my .02
Old 12-31-2017, 14:39   #18
CloseDanger
Guerrilla

" They are no threat to anyone other then their neighbors."

I wish you could see what I see.
The real reason the Sunni are going crazy is they are very concerned with this state actor creating the Shia Crescent and lot's of instability all about them.

And Israel, well put it this way.... Without the Mullahs, they could rest far easier.

I have lot's of bad, bad paper on Iran.

Counseling statements too.
CloseDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 15:07   #19
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloseDanger View Post
" They are no threat to anyone other then their neighbors."

I wish you could see what I see.
The real reason the Sunni are going crazy is they are very concerned with this state actor creating the Shia Crescent and lot's of instability all about them.

And Israel, well put it this way.... Without the Mullahs, they could rest far easier.

I have lot's of bad, bad paper on Iran.

Counseling statements too.
Sunni and Shia have been at war for centuries, nothing changing there. (I used to speak Farsi....... and I've also studied Iran.) This is same stuff different day.
Old 12-31-2017, 18:28   #20
CloseDanger
Guerrilla

"Sunni and Shia have been at war for centuries, nothing changing there. (I used to speak Farsi....... and I've also studied Iran.) This is same stuff different day. "

You are normally correct in your assessments and I really appreciate that.

But in this case, I Pray by the Grace of God Almighty you are wrong this one time.
Because if this does not work, will have to do something far less attractive.
CloseDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:01   #21
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloseDanger View Post
"Sunni and Shia have been at war for centuries, nothing changing there. (I used to speak Farsi....... and I've also studied Iran.) This is same stuff different day. "

You are normally correct in your assessments and I really appreciate that.

But in this case, I Pray by the Grace of God Almighty you are wrong this one time.
Because if this does not work, will have to do something far less attractive.
Iran is surrounded by enemies, sunnis rule in most countries close to them and all would like a piece of them. The only thing the USA needs do is keep a close eye on their nuke program. Military wise, they are not a threat to us.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:16   #22
Mustang Man
Guerrilla

Yeah and Ironically the GWOT is what strengthened Iran, Iraq was their major enemy which we took out for them and same with the Taliban. The Iran and Saudi rivalry goes beyond Sunni VS. Shia.
Iran's constitution and ideology views Monarchism as a satanic rule, due to their experience with the Reza Shah's, and as we know the Saudi's operate in a monarchy.

With Syria the Assad's have been Shia, governing in a majority Sunni country that once had religious harmony between Muslims, Christians, and Jews. Politicians in the Middle East have also changed Muslim denominations for personal movement, same as ours here with Republican and Democrat, rare but they do happen.

The power moves by the major players and conflicts in the modern Middle East are more due to Cold War actions, geo-poltical history, and who have been the masters of puppet states in the region. Shia VS. Sunni does play a part in these conflicts, only to recruit and motivate low level figures and fighters.

BMT
Mustang Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 17:35   #23
EricV
Guerrilla

"The Revolutionary Guard (IRGC) has announced that they will take control of security in Teheran shortly, local police will be told to surrender their enforcement powers to the IRGC."

"Some snippets again:

Various buildings associated with the regime are being torched in a number of cities, including government offices, Basij militia facilities and mosques.
The bulk of the protesters are from the poorest groups in society, unlike past ones where it was mostly middle class.
Interesting new slogans today include ”no to Quran, no to Islam” but the most common ones seems to be ”death to Khamenei” and ”death to the Islamic Republic”.

One piece of video surfaced of a riot gear equipped man proclaiming to a crowd that ”I didn’t join the military to fight you” and the crowd chanting ”he’s with us”.
More reports of security forces refusing to attack protestors.
Another video Depicted this: ”Female protester to older Iranians: "You raised your fists and ruined our lives [referring to the 1979 Islamic revolution]. Now we raise our fists [to fix your mistake]. Be men, join us. I as a woman will stand in front and protect you. Come represent your country."

The regime media reported that protestors shot and killed one police officer and wounded three others. The number of protestors killed is 20+.

There seem to be no end to videos showing different portrait billboards of Khamenei and Khomeni being toppled or torched."

Old 01-01-2018, 18:20   #24
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

https://goo.gl/images/Oikf8T

Abundance of military age men, and not that many children.
Looks like there are plenty of trouble-makers without responsibilities.

https://www.indexmundi.com/iran/demo...s_profile.html

Three-quarters of the population urban and a quarter of the adults obese.
Buying them off with entitlements and subsidies will only last so long.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 18:32   #25
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Man View Post
Yeah and Ironically the GWOT is what strengthened Iran, Iraq was their major enemy which we took out for them and same with the Taliban. The Iran and Saudi rivalry goes beyond Sunni VS. Shia.
Iran's constitution and ideology views Monarchism as a satanic rule, due to their experience with the Reza Shah's, and as we know the Saudi's operate in a monarchy.

With Syria the Assad's have been Shia, governing in a majority Sunni country that once had religious harmony between Muslims, Christians, and Jews. Politicians in the Middle East have also changed Muslim denominations for personal movement, same as ours here with Republican and Democrat, rare but they do happen.

The power moves by the major players and conflicts in the modern Middle East are more due to Cold War actions, geo-poltical history, and who have been the masters of puppet states in the region. Shia VS. Sunni does play a part in these conflicts, only to recruit and motivate low level figures and fighters.

The USA going against Assad was in my opinion a bad idea....... as we sided with the wrong people. We probably did so just to appease the Saudis.

Hopefully we soon see the overthrow of the Iranian government/islamic dictatorship and they put in some real leaders. Would be amusing to see Iran friendly with the United States again.
Old 01-01-2018, 19:57   #26
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
The USA going against Assad was in my opinion a bad idea....... as we sided with the wrong people. We probably did so just to appease the Saudis.

Hopefully we soon see the overthrow of the Iranian government/islamic dictatorship and they put in some real leaders. Would be amusing to see Iran friendly with the United States again.
Agree. Assad is an evil asshat, however, we did not have a less evil asshat to take his place. None of the counter Assad forces had/have a chance in hell of running that country even if they were to defeat the Syrian forces. Most of the ones that were trained by the coalition ran away with the equipment.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 20:06   #27
mark46th
Quiet Professional

I work with several Persians, mostly Persian Jews. They hate the Iranian government. They are serious over achievers. They think Iran should still be ruling the world. They are also aware of the possibility of complete destruction if the imams continue their present course of action.
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:00   #28
EricV
Guerrilla

An interesting take...

https://www.facebook.com/notes/john-...5334568097055/
Old 01-02-2018, 11:56   #29
bblhead672
Area Commander

Missed this story over the weekend while in the non-internet, barely cell phone backwoods .

Good luck to freedom loving Iranians. Hope the Islamic government wasn't able to confiscate all of their firearms and ammunition.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 15:19   #30
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Missed this story over the weekend while in the non-internet, barely cell phone backwoods .

Good luck to freedom loving Iranians. Hope the Islamic government wasn't able to confiscate all of their firearms and ammunition.
Not an issue, we have pallets and pallets of weapons and comms we can air-drop.