Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 08-20-2011, 17:40   #1
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Question Rocket Fin Sizeing / "SCUBA Boot" options

Size 13 boot -> 14/15 sneaker = XXL Rocket fins?

Heading to DMO in Feb and (hopefully) just bought the right size off of Amazon. I wrote the school - they have the "one size fits all" Rockets.

I'll have limited time to fin once I get back from deployment, but I can start doing flutter kicks with them on NOW

Also looking at getting a pair of the new Oakley MAROPS / SCUBA boot. Has drainholes in the soles and whatnot - would be better on the deck than booties. Any input would be appreciated.
I haven't "officially finned" in Rockets in 20 years. Am mildly concerned with the bootlaces laces on the forefoot, though I remember the coral booties we used to wear way back when were "OK" to fin in and felt a LOT better than finning in Jungles.

Thanks-

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 18:40   #2
Tress
Quiet Professional

I wear a size 13 shoe and boot. I just checked my Jetfins and they are X-Large. They fit fine even with booties. You might need the XX-Large if you wear a 14-15 size sneaker. Do not remember ever wearing boots with these though.

Tress
"Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous, mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown author, but borrowed from a friend

"Liberals claim to be open to hearing other peoples' views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
Tress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 18:45   #3
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

I've got a pair of size 13 booties, if you want them!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:33   #4
Sdiver
Area Commander

Size 13-14-15 shoes/booties !!!!!!

You guys don't need fins .... your feet are big enough. The size they're at, they should propel you through the water juuuuuust fine.

All kidding aside, I'll swear by the MARES Quattros. Although a little bit more expensive that rocket's, MARES does make an XL for large feet.

Also check out the Cressi Sub Frog's. A little stiffer than the quattros (I used these for my technical dives ... wrecks, caverns, caves, ect), but not as expensive as the quattros.

Hope this helps.

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41   #5
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
Size 13-14-15 shoes/booties !!!!!!

You guys don't need fins .... your feet are big enough. The size they're at, they should propel you through the water juuuuuust fine.

All kidding aside, I'll swear by the MARES Quattros. Although a little bit more expensive that rocket's, MARES does make an XL for large feet.

Also check out the Cressi Sub Frog's. A little stiffer than the quattros (I used these for my technical dives ... wrecks, caverns, caves, ect), but not as expensive as the quattros.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Buddy-

BUT- the schoolhouse ONLY allows Rockets. No exceptions.

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Old 08-24-2011, 12:41   #6
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
I've got a pair of size 13 booties, if you want them!
Man! That would be AWESOME! Thanks!!!

The Reaper-3 Sep 04