Old 12-05-2012, 23:22   #1
trunkmonkey
Asset

Backpack Fishing

I will preface this entire post with the fact that I AM NOT a fisherman. I am really poor and catching anything but bass and crappie. I usually use trot lines with spring-hooks, or, bone hooks in tidal areas.

With all the disclaimers in place about my skills as an angler I submit to you my new favorite fishing pole. For the past few months I have been using an emmrod packer fishing pole. ( http://www.emmrod.com )

This pole breaks down very small and with the removal of the reel, which I keep separate in my pack. It is light but not ultralight. I have used it taking bass up to 12lbs and it works great. Following some light fishing I break it down and put it back in my backpack. Being steel you can abuse the pole and it holds up very well. If your looking for a reasonably priced backpacking rod that you don;t have to worry about breaking give them a look. This pole made its way into my permanent gear because fishing is usually what gets me by on my longer trips.

Does anyone else have a great piece of lightweight fishing gear that they cant live without?
trunkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote