Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 02-19-2013, 19:43   #196
tonyz
Area Commander

With the volume of state gun control legislation - there is little doubt that our highest court will be rendering a decision on the matter in the near future.

Antonin Scalia says gun control is heading to Supreme Court

Washington Examiner
Paul Bedard
February 13, 2013 | 11:28 am | Modified: February 13, 2013 at 11:30 am

"Conservative Justice Antonin Scalia, decrying America's demonization of guns, is predicting that the parade of new gun control laws, cheered on by President Obama, will hit the Supreme Court soon, possibly settling for ever the types of weapons that can be owned."

"Scalia, whose legacy decision in the 2008 case of District of Columbia vs. Heller ended the ban on handguns in Washington, D.C., suggested that the Constitution allows limits on what Americans can own, but the only example he offered was a shoulder-launched rocket that would bring down jets."

"And the wily judge suggested to an audience of Smithsonian Associates at George Washington University's Lisner Auditorium Tuesday night that he is not just preparing for a new gun control challenge, but that he's softening up one of his liberal colleague on guns."

<snip>

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2521413

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:40   #197
nousdefions
Quiet Professional

New Ad from the NRA

Hard Hitting Video

Maybe the ''Low Information" will finally get it.
“Whether we come from poverty or wealth; whether we are Afro-American or Irish-American; Christian or Jewish, from big cities or small towns, we are all equal in the eyes of God. … May all of you as Americans never forget your heroic origins, never fail to seek divine guidance, and never lose your natural, God-given optimism. … My fellow Americans … God bless each and every one of you, and God bless this country we love.”
– Ronald Reagan, Aug. 17, 1992
nousdefions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 15:46   #198
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

That is an awesome ad. It is about time someone brought this fact to light.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 19:56   #199
BKKMAN
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by nousdefions View Post
Hard Hitting Video

I got goose bumps and wood watching that...

This video is much better than the ad where they talked about the security of President Obama's daughters...this one focuses on the core arguments surrounding the 2nd Amendment...it almost seems like they read our letter and then slapped together a video...

It is not inequality which is the real misfortune, it is dependence. Voltaire
BKKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:07   #200
Gypsy
Area Commander

Excellent ad, thanks for the post.
Old 02-20-2013, 20:19   #201
Stiletto11
Guerrilla

An add isn't going to stop them. Olympic Arms in Washington state told New York politicians that it will not supply NYLE with arms until they repeal the anti gun legislation against law abiding citizens. I think you have to hit them in the wallet to get their attention. Colt in Connecticut and MagPul in Colorado have plans to move south. If more of these companies did the same thing then we can counter Bloomberg and his money. Billions will be lost in tax revenue not to mention jobs; Fight fire with fire because they don't give a shit about our Constitutional rights.

J. Albert Nock

Don’t let facts interfere with your insanity
Stiletto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 20:51   #202
SF18C
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by nousdefions View Post
Hard Hitting Video

Did anyone catch the lady firing the AR10 at 49 seconds....what the hell was that a 5 round AR Mag????
"De Oppresso Liber"

Nomination for PS.com Quote of the Decade!
SF18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 22:00   #203
nousdefions
Quiet Professional

Didn't catch it, but you're right. It looks like a 5 round magazine. I remember when I bought my AR-15, it came with a "hunting" magazine, a 20 rounder that had a metal insert that only allowed 5 rounds to be loaded. It was easy to remove.
“Whether we come from poverty or wealth; whether we are Afro-American or Irish-American; Christian or Jewish, from big cities or small towns, we are all equal in the eyes of God. … May all of you as Americans never forget your heroic origins, never fail to seek divine guidance, and never lose your natural, God-given optimism. … My fellow Americans … God bless each and every one of you, and God bless this country we love.”
– Ronald Reagan, Aug. 17, 1992
nousdefions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:08   #204
badshot
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto11 View Post
If more of these companies did the same thing then we can counter Bloomberg and his money. Billions will be lost in tax revenue not to mention jobs; Fight fire with fire because they don't give a shit about our Constitutional rights.

The Remington factory in Upstate New York may move as well...

Lets hope they all follow...
Old 02-21-2013, 11:51   #205
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Veterans determined Incompetent by VA

Quote:
Written By Constitutional Attorney Michael Connelly, J.D.

How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.

What if that letter also stated: “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?

That makes is sound like something right from a documentary on a tyrannical dictatorship somewhere in the world. Yet, as I write this I have a copy of such a letter right in front of me. It is being sent by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of America’s heroes. In my capacity as Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation (USJF) I have been contacted by some of these veterans and the stories I am getting are appalling.

The letter provides no specifics on the reasons for the proposed finding of incompetency; just that is based on a determination by someone in the VA. In every state in the United States no one can be declared incompetent to administer their own affairs without due process of law and that usually requires a judicial hearing with evidence being offered to prove to a judge that the person is indeed incompetent. This is a requirement of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that states that no person shall “… be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law…”.

Obviously, the Department of Veterans Affairs can’t be bothered by such impediments as the Constitution, particularly since they are clearly pushing to fulfill one of Obama’s main goals, the disarming of the American people. Janet Napolitano has already warned law enforcement that some of the most dangerous among us are America’s heroes, our veterans, and now according to this letter from the VA they can be prohibited from buying or even possessing a firearm because of a physical or mental disability.

Think about it, the men and women who have laid their lives on the line to defend us and our Constitution are now having their own Constitutional rights denied. There are no clear criteria for the VA to declare a veteran incompetent. It can be the loss of a limb in combat, a head injury, a diagnosis of PTSD, or even a soldier just telling someone at the VA that he or she is depressed over the loss of a buddy in combat. In none of these situations has the person been found to be a danger to themselves or others. If that was the case than all of the Americans who have suffered from PTSD following the loss of a loved one or from being in a car accident would also have to be disqualified from owning firearms. It would also mean that everyone who has ever been depressed for any reason should be disarmed. In fact, many of the veterans being deprived of their rights have no idea why it is happening.

The answer seems to be it is simply because they are veterans. At the USJF we intend to find the truth by filing a Freedom of Information Act request to the Department of Veterans Affairs to force them to disclose the criteria they are using to place veterans on the background check list that keeps them from exercising their Second Amendment rights. Then we will take whatever legal steps are necessary to protect our American warriors.

The reality is that Obama will not get all of the gun control measures he wants through Congress, and they wouldn’t be enough for him anyway. He wants a totally disarmed America so there will be no resistance to his plans to rob us of our nation. That means we have to ask who will be next. If you are receiving a Social Security check will you get one of these letters? Will the government declare that you are incompetent because of your age and therefore banned from firearm ownership. It certainly fits in with the philosophy and plans of the Obama administration. It is also certain that our military veterans don’t deserve this and neither do any other Americans.

-- Michael Connelly, J.D.
Executive Director, United States Justice Foundation
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:22   #206
ODA CDR (RET)
Quiet Professional

Interesting....

I am exactly who this letter describes, SS & 100% PTSD. I'll let you know if I get one of these letters.
USA Ranger Assoc. Life member #LRR4625
DAV Life Member Chapter #46
"The 1000"
ODA CDR (RET) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 13:04   #207
Lan
Guerrilla Chief

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act

Same maniacal group as http://www.bradycampaign.org/ ?

Same group that supposedly posted this on their Facebook page and denies they did it after it caused such a tremendous uproar?

Just checking...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bradycampaign.jpg (36.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg bradycampaignfbpost.jpg (47.3 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-21-2013, 14:05   #208
MR2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Veterans determined Incompetent by VA
A cursory search of United States Justice Foundation produced no discussion of this "letter".

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:42   #209
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
A cursory search of United States Justice Foundation produced no discussion of this "letter".
Good question! Trust but verify.
http://michaelconnelly.jigsy.com/

added :
Quote:
Yet, as I write this I have a copy of such a letter right in front of me. It is being sent by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of America’s heroes. In my capacity as Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation (USJF) I have been contacted by some of these veterans and the stories I am getting are appalling.

Last edited by pcfixer; 02-21-2013 at 14:45.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 14:52   #210
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Good question! Trust but verify.
http://michaelconnelly.jigsy.com/

added :
Dude, somebodies blog is not proof of a governmental conspiracy. Not that they wouldn't, but you have to have a more reliable source than that.