Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-19-2017, 21:45   #16
Box
Quiet Professional

Good lord what have I done - Winchester 1892 "Saddle Ring Carbine" with a large lever loop chambered in .44-40 just like he used in El Dorado, Stagecoach, and Rio Bravo. Also, the same one Lucas McCain carried.

...I will be in the back room praying for forgiveness
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:16   #17
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
I agree 100% but he is innocent until proven guilty. I don't see any trial for him or many of the accused. Weiner and a couple others have been convicted but many have resigned or lost their job on accusations alone, it seems like a witch hunt these days not facts.
You are 100% correct and I agree. Myself, I would fight it out and drive on. I am totally against the "media trials" that people are simply conceding to.

As to the witch hunts...yep. I believe a lot of them are. For clarification, my post was mainly concerning the fact that his political leanings simply didn't mean much to me if the allegations are true. If they aren't, I wish he would fight them.
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:50   #18
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
I agree 100% but he is innocent until proven guilty. I don't see any trial for him or many of the accused. Weiner and a couple others have been convicted but many have resigned or lost their job on accusations alone, it seems like a witch hunt these days not facts.
Of course it is a witch hunt the liberal media is full throttle on destroying conservative values yet another political mud slinging tactic the media has gotten so political that even kid and family shows have their messages intertwined. My wife loves blue bloods so I watch it with her and sure enough here came an episode concerning transgenders....some messages are subtle and some are obvious...watch any child's education show and they are all about equality for all. Children are not being allowed to learn they are being entertained and while being entertained they are being conditioned....instead of the child learning to read, write and arithmetic they are being taught liberal social themes....instead of learning naturally and finding their niche associated with god given talents and strengths they are being taught they can be anything they want to be and if they can't be what they want it is social injustice.....this perversion of nature has been going on a long time and as a result they vote with their emotions on a whim not the logic of seeking truth....we are in an era of lies and truth being reversed because in the liberal mind the end justifies the means no matter how unjust for them just being conservative means you are guilty of something.

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 12-20-2017 at 10:52.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:11   #19
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer View Post
Judge Kozinski, who I know personally, was one of the best conservative/libertarian appellate judges in the entire country. Maybe you guys want to dogpile Scalia next?
Only he and his sexual predator victims know for sure.

A judge would know when to fight or when to quit and his resignation/quitting speaks volumes. Save your loyalty for those that deserve it.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:40   #20
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Only he and his sexual predator victims know for sure.

A judge would know when to fight or when to quit and his resignation/quitting speaks volumes. Save your loyalty for those that deserve it.
My comment was about the ridiculous glee expressed here. If I found out that you had done this kind of stuff and got caught, it would not make me happy and I wouldn't celebrate it.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:47   #21
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
My comment was about the ridiculous glee expressed here. If I found out that you had done this kind of stuff and got caught, it would not make me happy and I wouldn't celebrate it.
I've grabbed all sort of people asses.......men and women, ever been to SF party?

But I've a feeling most of these "characters" were using their "authority" to pursue their sexual fantasies. Big difference.
Old 12-20-2017, 18:26   #22
miclo18d
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
......ever been to SF party?
Keys in the fishbowl, please!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." — Jeff Cooper
miclo18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 18:57   #23
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by miclo18d View Post
Keys in the fishbowl, please!
We used to hang the guns up on a hat stand..........
Old 12-21-2017, 13:25   #24
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
I would be disappointed as well, however unlike the QP's most of those who are being accused and running for cover without a fight, are of a class were the rules that apply to me do not apply to them. Secondly, they all are in a position to hold sway over a person progress and obviously many have used that sway to test the limits.

The legal profession is full of these types, there was not a single law firm my ex-wife was employed where there were not harassment of female employees....or worse. One partner pimped out in debt female clients to 'entertain' friends of the firm. There is a state judge who was boinking a friend of mine while she and he were married with kids. The managing partner my ex worked for went to Vail with his family one year......his paralegal 'just' happened to be I Vail as well. I could on and on!

Anytime one of these Pinnacles of Integrity gets railroaded for their bad behavior I am laughing ROFL!