Old 04-18-2008, 18:02   #1
syntheticmike
Asset

chafing

Is there anything that can be done about chafing in the butt crack after long runs and rucks? Is Vaseline the only answer?
I searched for this and couldn't find anything that specifically addressed that issue.

Mike
syntheticmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 20:06   #2
Razor
Quiet Professional

Yeah, relax a little and stop squeezing your butt cheecks together when you run and ruck. Unless of course you're training in San Francisco.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 22:01   #3
stickey
Guerrilla

major chafage...

I just spent 7 days in the field at Pickett. Before i left i got a little chafed between the balls and the upper insides of my legs due to the warm hot humid weather.

I get to the field and it flairs up even more and i continue to not wear underwear like had before, but the itching is relentless, especially at night when i'm about to go to bed. I have tried all kinds of powders/talcs and the only thing that seems to help is my wifes baby oil lotion, but even that doesnt stop the itch*.

Any ideas?

*does make my balls feel slippery, like a coat of rainx is on them by the time i wake up.

Thanks.
stickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 23:22   #4
Longstreet
Guerrilla

This Might Help.

Jayson here and you might want to look into using 'Bodyglide'. You can learn more about it here:

www.bodyglide.com/.

I used it when training for a marathon and swear by it. It is a tad pricey, but well worth the money.
Longstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 00:10   #5
Books
Quiet Professional

Some dudes do the commando thing, others, like myself, get the chaffing something fierce. I bought about 5 pairs of these things and they kept my pecker in fine working order from SFAS to Robin Sage. I still wear them anytime I put weight on my shoulders and move out.

http://www.rei.com/product/731994

Monkey butt is no joke; good luck.

Books

- Jack Moroney
Old 06-25-2008, 08:05   #6
sapper
Asset

My thighs tend to chafe near the crotch, my butt on long rucks. To fix this I go commando with Gold Bond Triple Action until I ruck and run. On the ruck/run I put on some under armor shorts and gold bond that protects my problem areas. If you ruck to a live fire and role around in the dirt for a bit then ruck back, you will find that less debris/friction will get in those soft spots and you will dry faster with the under armor. When time allows take the under armor off, clean, and let the air do its thing and go back to commando + powder. Clean and repeat....

The REI solution that Books gave seems to be another option to the under armor. I will have to try the body glide.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:37   #7
OIFDan
Auxiliary

Last edited by OIFDan; 10-25-2009 at 14:37.
OIFDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:06   #8
dewygman
SF Candidate

the way to go...

i use A&D ointment every time. its awesome. my chaffing will be gone that day. everybody's skin is different though, you just gotta try different stuff out and see what works best for you.
dewygman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 20:51   #9
stickey
Guerrilla

Thank you all. I have purchased and i am awaiting the arrival of my body glide anti-chafing and the A+D ointment....

The underwear was a little pricey.

Thanks again.
Old 06-27-2008, 22:09   #10
Chris Cram
Guerrilla

In 77' I had to move through a CS 'white out'... some how the gas got past my fly and I was burned (Chem-burns suck). Had to go commando for a month, and found it agreable. I may have used powder to help with the initial healing. Feet & Balls... keep them dry and avoid negative issues.
Old 07-18-2008, 19:47   #11
stickey
Guerrilla

I used the A+D on the crotch and it worked great. I also found the body glide to help with preventing some of the arm pit (back corner towards my back) rash i get when surfing when paddling a lot.

Thanks again.
Old 07-18-2008, 22:13   #12
peepee1
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Yeah, relax a little and stop squeezing your butt cheecks together when you run and ruck. Unless of course you're training in San Francisco.

LMAO!
peepee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:20   #13
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

Rash?

Your description of your symptoms indicate you may have a fungal infection. My advice to you would to see a Physican, a Dermatoligist if possible. You have been treating yourself for more than 2 weeks and your condition does not seem to improve and it is re-occuring. There are anti-fungal creams that may help you such as Lotrimin made by Schering-Plough or the generic brand Clotrimazole Cream 1%. Iam not sure if either of these products are OTC or if a Physicians Perscription is required. As always is symptoms persist or worsen you should consult a Physician. Regard's, tom kelly
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 17:59   #14
stickey
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kelly View Post
Your description of your symptoms indicate you may have a fungal infection. My advice to you would to see a Physican, a Dermatoligist if possible. You have been treating yourself for more than 2 weeks and your condition does not seem to improve and it is re-occuring. There are anti-fungal creams that may help you such as Lotrimin made by Schering-Plough or the generic brand Clotrimazole Cream 1%. Iam not sure if either of these products are OTC or if a Physicians Perscription is required. As always is symptoms persist or worsen you should consult a Physician. Regard's, tom kelly

Mr. Kelly,

It was a rash, it only took two days for the A+D to work...i just recently posted the response/results. I thought it might have been though, but luckily just a rash/chafing. Ive been in the heat since then and it hasn't come back either. Regardless, thanks for the advice, much appreciated and always welcomed.

Stickey

Last edited by stickey; 07-20-2008 at 18:01.