Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Technical FAQ Forum > KnuckleDragger Questions

Old 01-27-2019, 08:06   #1
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Unable to view recent pages on some threads?

For some time, I have been unable to view the last page(s) on some threads/ topics.

An example would be if there is a topic, then replies to that fill up a page, then roll over into following pages. What caught my attention was the current page number is bold and attempts to click on the next page number just reloads the current (bold) page.

I thought it was because I didn't log in, but even when logged in, it is the same.

Mindful of PERSEC and OPSEC, I notice the "Not Secure!" is displayed in my browser.

Thoughts?

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:10   #2
cbtengr
Area Commander

I too have noticed that, it's as if there is a phantom page out there that you just can't see. No posts missing just an illusion.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:13   #3
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I’m not an expert but it has always appeared to me that if someone improperly “quote” another person (changes or omits data or structure of the syntax) it can and will mess up the page rendering and create a run on...ghost page until either corrected by the user, admin or the new page is actually created by subsequent posts.

If you cut off any part of {quote] ... [/quote} (replace {} with []) at the beginning or end or any part of that (e.g., /quote] then it will mess the page rendering up.

If someone “quotes” another or “multiple quote” and you see a partial quote or non boxed quotation on the new post there will be an issue like you described.

Quote:
If you don’t see this “box” on your reply, you have jacked it up for everyone after you.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 01-27-2019 at 09:26.
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 15:51   #4
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I’m not an expert but it has always appeared to me that if someone improperly “quote” another person (changes or omits data or structure of the syntax) it can and will mess up the page rendering and create a run on...ghost page until either corrected by the user, admin or the new page is actually created by subsequent posts.

If you cut off any part of {quote] ... [/quote} (replace {} with []) at the beginning or end or any part of that (e.g., /quote] then it will mess the page rendering up.

If someone “quotes” another or “multiple quote” and you see a partial quote or non boxed quotation on the new post there will be an issue like you described.
Thanks for the explanation. Not an expert, but a sound explanation that matches the threads with ghost pages on my browser. I appreciate it. Now all I have to do is view pages more frequently.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 14:24   #5
TFA303
Auxiliary

Here's a good example:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...=40772&page=80

That URL indicates that there are 80 pages in the thread, but clicking it takes you back to Page 74 and no further.
TFA303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 17:13   #6
PSM
Area Commander

Mine has been doing that for years. It seems to have started when I expanded the number of posts that I load on each page. Regardless of what page count you see, if you hit the "Go to first new post" button next to the title of the thread you will go there.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote