Old 03-24-2014, 17:44   #16
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Great, now we'll see that patch on ebay for $10,000
Not from me by any means and to be fair, they're running in the neighborhood of $50 or more. While I respect what ya'll do and have done, some people just want to cash in on your reputation. With companies out there like 'Tallywacker' and all the airsoft kids, its kind of crazy.

The way I look at it is that the stuff ya'll do is most important work the military does. Fiftyyears on from now some kid will look at one of your uniforms in a museum and read about GWOT and other areas and hopefully it will click for them. Patches, uniforms etc., I believe are important for that reason and with airsoft being so popular, alot of these will be destroyed, just like kids after WWII playing with dads paratrooper uniform.

Got off on a small tangent there...

Red
RedLegGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 17:46   #17
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
I've still got 6 Original RT New York Patches and I've been offered over $50K for them!!
I believe it wholeheartedly. Some of the patch guys go crazy for stuff like that.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:23   #18
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush Master View Post
I've still got 6 Original RT New York Patches and I've been offered over $50K for them!!
I'm not even going to ask how you got them......
Old 03-25-2014, 10:41   #19
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I'm not even going to ask how you got them......
He'd have to kill you if you did, then cut your head off and put it in a safe to protect the information... and that could ruin your weekend of shooting.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:50   #20
Javadrinker
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
He'd have to kill you if you did, then cut your head off and put it in a safe to protect the information... and that could ruin your weekend of shooting.
Thats funny right there
Javadrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:08   #21
BRAVO-SMASH
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSADERSTEEL View Post
If it's jsut confirmation you want, it's real. I was on 1323 and our AOB was located at Warhorse during that time frame. But just like TS said there is no "official team patch" they change on a whim or a new TmSgt comes in and wants to change it or some new cool slogan is found and everyone want's to incorporate it. Hell I remember a 6 week JCET we did in PI we had like 10 different patches made, all different. But that is the patch that 1326 was using then and all the way up to Aug 2011 which is when I came off active and went to 20th.
I'll confirm this also... This is my team currently. That patch has since been laid to rest. And as CS says, there is not an official team patch. Here are the ones that have been used just since I've been on the team. You may find them all over Asia... At special locations
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ODA 1326.jpg (41.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg V__76A5.jpg (84.8 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg V__64C6.jpg (24.9 KB, 77 views)
BRAVO-SMASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:19   #22
BRAVO-SMASH
Quiet Professional

Just put one up today actually... Here is one more that we like to use. I guess you can say the Ex Umbris logo is most official since the qualifying members on the team agreed on that logo for our rings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000393.jpg (47.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg WP_000396.jpg (49.3 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by BRAVO-SMASH; 05-17-2014 at 02:22.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:38   #23
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVO-SMASH View Post
I'll confirm this also... This is my team currently. That patch has since been laid to rest. And as CS says, there is not an official team patch. Here are the ones that have been used just since I've been on the team. You may find them all over Asia... At special locations

I really appreciate the added verification on this and the additional stuff that has been used. I find the artwork behind these to be some great work with more depth to them than most 'modern art'.

Thanks

Red
Old 05-17-2014, 13:40   #24
BRAVO-SMASH
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLegGI View Post
I find the artwork behind these to be some great work with more depth to them than most 'modern art'.

Thanks

Red
Well thanks, I designed three of those logos... With the input of the team of course.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:15   #25
spottedmedic111
Quiet Professional

There was a character in that company when I PCS'd in 2006 that drove alot of this. He helped teams design a patch, mass produced it, then sold them on ebay and such. I wouldn't give 5 cents for any of them since anyone can have a copy made and sell it to whoever. If cool factor is what you're looking for, get a team guy to give you one. They were just for fun anyways, not official by any means.
spottedmedic111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:44   #26
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedmedic111 View Post
There was a character in that company when I PCS'd in 2006 that drove alot of this. He helped teams design a patch, mass produced it, then sold them on ebay and such. I wouldn't give 5 cents for any of them since anyone can have a copy made and sell it to whoever. If cool factor is what you're looking for, get a team guy to give you one. They were just for fun anyways, not official by any means.
Agree 100% with the problem of copies vs the real deal. I have one exception on ebay that I do buy from because hes a retired officer and now a contractor who returned from a-stan in January. I met him at a show and he had a lot of patches he brought back with him and that he was selling from the sew shops around Kabul.

As for direct I do have one from my buddy and am happy to have that. Beyond that I don't know anyone besides screen names on this forum so I have to ask questions here. Your community has been gracious in answering those questions and I really do appreciate it.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:51   #27
spottedmedic111
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLegGI View Post
Agree 100% with the problem of copies vs the real deal. I have one exception on ebay that I do buy from because hes a retired officer and now a contractor who returned from a-stan in January. I met him at a show and he had a lot of patches he brought back with him and that he was selling from the sew shops around Kabul.

As for direct I do have one from my buddy and am happy to have that. Beyond that I don't know anyone besides screen names on this forum so I have to ask questions here. Your community has been gracious in answering those questions and I really do appreciate it.
You seem intelligent. Don't fall for posers at sales stands either.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:41   #28
RedLegGI
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedmedic111 View Post
You seem intelligent. Don't fall for posers at sales stands either.
No doubt man, thanks for the reply
Old 06-04-2014, 11:39   #29
spottedmedic111
Quiet Professional

I was on that team before it went to four digits. Anyone remember Looker, Big Ed, Rammy, Timmy, or our ass-grabbing SGM? That was the era I grew up in. We had hats and shirts made then too but I'm keeping them.