Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > And Some Gave All.... > TAPS

Old 05-25-2010, 07:25   #16
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

Rest in Peace, Major! You have the very best HALO wings now!!! You will always be missed and NEVER forgotten!

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:47   #17
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

I've updated the first post with additional information.
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:55   #18
akv
Area Commander

Rest In Peace, and Thank You
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 15:03   #19
brockdr
Asset

God Bless You Joe

We are less for the loss of any Ranger.

May God be with all of Joe's next of kin and fellow Rangers.

RANGER PRAYER

Almighty God,
Our Protector and Source of comfort,
Watch over all Rangers
Throughout the world, old and new.

When they face danger, be their courage,
When they are injured, be their healing,
When they face impossible tasks, be their strength,
When they feel alone, be ever present with them
Letting them know the presence in spirit of
All the Rangers who have gone before
Reminding them that they are part of
A family beyond themselves.

When they face death,
Give them peace to do so with honor,
That they may rest in You forever.

And Bless their families
And all those they love and leave behind,
That they may also find comfort in You.
Amen
brockdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:30   #20
colmurph

I had a drink with Joe at the Legion Post in Cherry Hill 2 days before he went into the hospiotal. I asked him how he was feeling (he'd lost about 30 pounds over the last 4 months) and he said "Great!" After Joe passed, the post commander told me that Joe had told him 4 months ago that "It's all over" and I admire him for keeping Joe's secret. Joe was the kind of guy who would never complain, but you could tell that the weight of the world was pressing down on him.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:28   #21
breezy115
Asset

I am Joe's sister and I am so very proud of all that my brother accomplished in his short life, he was my loving brother, my friend, my hero, my everything. I love him so very much and I miss him so. Rest in peace dear brother.....I LOVE YOU!!!!

Here is his obituary that I posted in our hometown newspaper.

Joseph Anthony Andrzejewski

U.S. Army Special Forces Maj. Joseph Anthony Andrzejewski, retired, 54, of Marlton, N.J., died unexpectedly Friday, May 21, 2010, in Thomas Jefferson Hospital, Philadelphia.

Born in Wilkes-Barre on Dec. 13, 1956, he was the son of the late Vincent and Phyllis Forlin Andrzejewski and grandson of the late Anthony and Laura Forlin.

Joseph was a 1973 graduate of GAR High School and a 1977 graduate of King's College.

His military career began when he completed ROTC and was commissioned as an officer in the Army. A few of his innumerable military accomplishments and positions held over nearly two decades of service include: chief, Military Freefall Branch and combat development officer, JFK Special Warfare Center; commander, Special Forces Operational Detachment, Berlin, Germany; field office chief, Special Projects Support Activity, Fort Bragg, N.C.; R&D officer and section chief, First Special Forces Operational Detachment; and program manager, Joint Special Operations Command.

Surviving are his wife of 24 years, Gillian; beloved son, Dylan; sister, Donna Marie Brazinski, Wilkes-Barre; loving niece and godchild, Miranda Phyllis Brazinski; aunt and uncle, Frank and Mary Jane Forlin, Wilkes-Barre; several nieces, nephews and cousins.

The viewing will be held at Bradley Funeral Home, Marlton, N.J., on Thursday, noon to 2 p.m., with a funeral service to follow by the Rev. Jack Doris. Interment will take place at a later date.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Joseph's memory to the Disabled American Veterans or any veteran organization of the donor's choice.
hometown newspaper....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UNCLE JOEY'S 8-08 003.jpg (125.3 KB, 83 views)
breezy115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54   #22
monsterhunter
Guerrilla

It's always sad to loose men like this. Rest in peace major.
monsterhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 00:22   #23
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Breezy:

Joe was a good man who will be missed by all of us who knew him.

I knew him when he was the MFF Company CO and served with him off and on over the years. Jumped with him a few times as well. He was a rare individual.

He was working for Eagle and I would run into him at the SHOT show, where he could always be relied upon to have a good story or joke to tell.

"We should not mourn that such men died, but we should thank God that such men lived." - Gen. George S. Patton

RIP, hermano.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:48   #24
colmurph

Joe is now a Fisher House "Angel". Our American Legion Post voted a $500.00 yearly donation to Fisher House at Ft. Bragg in memory of Joe.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:28   #25
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Rest in Peace Brother you will be missed....
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:16   #26
breezy115
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmurph View Post
Joe is now a Fisher House "Angel". Our American Legion Post voted a $500.00 yearly donation to Fisher House at Ft. Bragg in memory of Joe.
That is so kind, my brother is an angel now in heaven
Old 08-10-2010, 16:09   #27
Papa Zero Three
Quiet Professional

ALCON UPDATE

Joe's going to Arlington on Monday, September 27th. He'll be interred at 1100 - show up no later than 1000.
Papa Zero Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 17:13   #28
MK262
Auxiliary

RIP sir. Thank you for your service.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:39   #29
breezy115
Asset

joestache.jpg
It's been 5 years since God called you home and I miss you deeply dear brother
Old 05-21-2015, 11:29   #30
PRB
Quiet Professional

Breezy.....I always carry my HALO PARACHUTIST card with me signed by Captain Joe.
I suspect lots of SF guys do, he's always in my pocket..
RIP Maj. Joe
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote