Old 03-05-2018, 06:22   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
off-set BUS ?

I have fold down BUS on mine ARs, but they are a pain with the different optics as they put the optics forward of where I like them.

Does any use the off-set type?

Or some other trick for the rear BUS?

Opine..

https://store.colddeadhands.us/colle...up-iron-sights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg product-image-241885444_1024x1024.jpg (35.3 KB, 29 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:22   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I like my BUIS just fine.

On weapons with a magnifying optic, some prefer a red dot sight on a 1:30 rail.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:39   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

I have shot with the offsets.
For me, they work great for all targets and shooting positions out to 100 - they are effective for most engagements out to 200 - they become a little shifty at 300.

If you are comfortable holding the gun at an angle, they will work better. If you are especially Uncomfortable, they will be less effective.

Again, CQB distances - awesome / everything else great to 100 / effective to 200 / shifty at 300.

It has been a few years since I used them but I am going to buy a set to mount next to a Vortex Strike Eagle.

Your mileage may vary
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:55   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

off-set BUS ?

holy tilted black gun batman!

What will they think of next!
Old 06-23-2019, 18:22   #5
Uman
Quiet Professional

Yes I use them

I have a set of MagPul flip down 45 degrees offset BUIS. I flip them up when I am using the gun. I have a Vortex Stike Eagle 1-6x set on 4. Anything at CQB distances is engaged with the BUIS. once the distance increase I roll the gun to use the scope. I can dial up for longer range shots. I will put a 45-degree offset MRDS on the other carbine as a red dot is faster. Rolling the gun from one sight system to the other is faster than dialing the scopes power lever.

My 45-degree offset sights are zeroed at 200m I have used them to engage targets out to 400m.
Uman is offline   Reply With Quote