Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-28-2021, 11:24   #1501
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
I heard within the last 3 months that if you have in excess of "3" registered firearms you are already on an FIB list. The person that said that would be in a position to know. I would assume the FIB could grab that information during the background check process and/or credit card transactions.
Where is registration required? When I left CA they didn't even have "registration" yet. I haven't seen that they do now, either.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 13:46   #1502
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
Where is registration required? When I left CA they didn't even have "registration" yet. I haven't seen that they do now, either.
A register is used to record a transaction. Invoice Registers, Form 4473, Driver License, Social Security numbers are all forms of registering a identifier to a individual.

If a person is required to fill out a form to purchase a firearm and the serial number is input on the form that firearm is registered to the purchaser. Whether that serial number correlates to a person being in a vast database is up for debate.

When the gun shop calls the FBI for a background check on the purchaser its really unknown whether the FBI tracks of how many times a person has had a background check run for the purchase of a firearm.

If a person purchases over a certain amount of firearms within a certain time period they are flagged.

It's not unfathomable that purchases at gun shops via Visa, MC, AMEX, etc and even personal check could be reported. That's not much different than banks flagging transactions over $10,000 or getting your ass in a sling because you deposit just less than $10,000 to avoid the paper work.

Exclusive: Feds issue 4,000 orders to seize guns from people who failed background checks: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cks/901017001/

The only way the Feds can issue 4,000 confiscation orders is if they know the individuals on the orders have guns. How would they know if a person who failed a background check owns firearms?
Old 11-28-2021, 22:45   #1503
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
A register is used to record a transaction. Invoice Registers, Form 4473, Driver License, Social Security numbers are all forms of registering a identifier to a individual.

If a person is required to fill out a form to purchase a firearm and the serial number is input on the form that firearm is registered to the purchaser. Whether that serial number correlates to a person being in a vast database is up for debate.

When the gun shop calls the FBI for a background check on the purchaser its really unknown whether the FBI tracks of how many times a person has had a background check run for the purchase of a firearm.

If a person purchases over a certain amount of firearms within a certain time period they are flagged.

It's not unfathomable that purchases at gun shops via Visa, MC, AMEX, etc and even personal check could be reported. That's not much different than banks flagging transactions over $10,000 or getting your ass in a sling because you deposit just less than $10,000 to avoid the paper work.

Exclusive: Feds issue 4,000 orders to seize guns from people who failed background checks: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cks/901017001/

The only way the Feds can issue 4,000 confiscation orders is if they know the individuals on the orders have guns. How would they know if a person who failed a background check owns firearms?
I own pre-NICS guns, I have a CCW in AZ which I used my DD214 to get and which means there is also no NICS check if I buy another gun, the FFL holds the 4473s, they are not sent to the Feds, and I paid for a gun delivered to my son's FFL. What do they really know about what or how many guns I own?

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
Old 11-29-2021, 13:46   #1504
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
...the FFL holds the 4473s, they are not sent to the Feds...
Until the FFL goes out of business, then the Feds get all the records for 'storage' at the National Tracing Center.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 14:34   #1505
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Until the FFL goes out of business, then the Feds get all the records for 'storage' at the National Tracing Center.
Mine died but I only got one lower through him. The best thing was that he only charged $10 for everything.

Old 11-29-2021, 20:22   #1506
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
I own pre-NICS guns, I have a CCW in AZ which I used my DD214 to get and which means there is also no NICS check if I buy another gun, the FFL holds the 4473s, they are not sent to the Feds, and I paid for a gun delivered to my son's FFL. What do they really know about what or how many guns I own?
Time will tell.
Old 12-06-2021, 20:20   #1507
Badger52
Area Commander

Key portions of the NDAA struck

This is simply very good news. I have a Schadenfreude Pie I'd like to throw at a certain General who fancies himself a woke Marshal Zhukov but will refrain.

Quote:
Two provisions staunchly opposed by a group of House Republicans have been scrapped from the 2022 National Defense Authorization Act during negotiations on the bill between the House and Senate, Breitbart News has exclusively learned.

Negotiators scrapped a provision that would have established “Office of Countering Extremism” within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, a source familiar with the negotiations told Breitbart News on Monday afternoon.

The office would have furthered the Biden Pentagon’s goal to “root out” extremists from the military that conservatives feared was aimed at targeting conservative members of the military.

The other provision would have allowed military courts to issue protective orders that could be used to confiscate firearms from active duty service members without due process.
Full story at the jump here.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:32   #1508
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:

And.... this story is from December 2017-- 4 years ago..
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:39   #1509
pcfixer
Guerrilla

P.Z. v. New Jersey

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...un-case-n53737

Quote:
The Supreme Court is going to get a chance to weigh in on “red flag” firearm seizure laws thanks to a case out of New Jersey that left a man permanently prohibited from possessing a gun after what was supposed to be a temporary seizing of his firearms for “safekeeping.”

The case, known as P.Z. v. New Jersey, began several years ago when the plaintiff was the subject of a temporary restraining order; an order that was ultimately dismissed. Still, even though the restraining order was no longer in effect, the state refused to return the firearms to their rightful owner. And because the guns weren’t returned to him, “New Jersey “forever bars him from again possessing firearms.”
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 18:35   #1510
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
It is my opinion that it should be law that a matter that has been concluded in favor of the accused, where it involved seizure of property belonging to the accused, the return of that property should be ordered forthwith as part of the basic disposition of the case. It is far too common that a person found to have acted in self-defense or undergoing some other weapon-related proceeding then still has to file a separate petition for return of their firearm(s). It should be law of the land and all these little Vichy protectorates like New Jersey should be cuffed upside the head. [/rant]

SCOTUS is a crapshoot at this moment. They are already 2/3 surrendered to the Dark Side and have not been concerned with Rule of Law since 11 Dec 2020.
I wish him luck.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Old 12-22-2021, 19:26   #1511
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixer View Post
Remember the North Hollywood Shootout in 1997? B&B Guns on Oxnard Blvd., who loaned the ARs to LAPD SWAT, never got them back. The owners claimed that the lawsuits between them and the City of L.A. led to their going out of business.

Old 01-04-2022, 18:58   #1512
sfshooter
Quiet Professional

Lets not forget that the war is not over in the 2A realm as that is the only way they can obtain true power. In a not surprising move we've added more shit to the citizens who follow the law:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...le-here-it-is/

"“Today’s announcements build on the department’s efforts to reduce the risk of firearms falling into the wrong hands,” Attorney General Merrick B. Garland said in a statement."

I think he meant to say it adds expense to the firearms for going into the right hands. If we nickel and dime the gun sellers to death, then there won't be anymore guns sold.

"I ask you sir, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people........" George Mason

Last edited by sfshooter; 01-04-2022 at 18:59. Reason: missed a word
sfshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 14:55   #1513
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshooter View Post
Lets not forget that the war is not over in the 2A realm as that is the only way they can obtain true power. In a not surprising move we've added more shit to the citizens who follow the law:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...le-here-it-is/

"“Today’s announcements build on the department’s efforts to reduce the risk of firearms falling into the wrong hands,” Attorney General Merrick B. Garland said in a statement."

I think he meant to say it adds expense to the firearms for going into the right hands. If we nickel and dime the gun sellers to death, then there won't be anymore guns sold.
As I read it the seller must have the devices available for sale, nothing about the purchaser having to buy the device. So what is the point? Just more BS from the DOJ.
Old 01-05-2022, 20:54   #1514
Badger52
Area Commander

Here's the actual rule.

Quote:
Moreover, the regulation requires that the secure gun storage or safety devices be compatible with the firearms offered for sale by the licensee.
"Here's a safe that will house anything we sell, up to & including that Barrett over there you keep drooling on."

Quote:
The certification requirement does not apply (emphasis mine) where a secure gun storage or safety device is temporarily unavailable because of theft, casualty loss, consumer sales, backorders from a manufacturer, or any other similar reason beyond the control of the licensee.
"We can order you one and here is the ATF's pamphlet with their comments about secure storage."

IMO, this is more reactive pandering but also serves as another lever to squeeze a particular FFL. And, as usual, there is plenty of leeway for them to always adjourn for coffee and come back with another interpretation.

Old 01-06-2022, 00:17   #1515
Combat Diver
Quiet Professional

If the building is already secure ie walls, doors, locks and the thief breaks in then its only a matter of time till they defeat the next level.

CD
Combat Diver is offline   Reply With Quote