Old 08-30-2014, 18:32   #1636
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger 11 View Post
Son Tay Raider, Retired Special Forces 11F4SF1
Trying to get vetted, but have had link problems.

Slugger 11
Slugger, send me your info and we will see if we can get you vetted.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 14:12   #1637
Slugger 11
Quiet Professional

Slugger 11 Introduction

Vetting info for Professional Soldiers:

Jump School- 1959, 101st Airborne Division, Ft Campbell, KY.
1959 Command and Control Bn. 101st ABN DIV
1960 HQ CO. 2nd ABN Battle Group, 101st ABN
1962 “A” CO. ABN Platoon, 8th INF DIV, USAEUR
1964 “A” CO. Communications Support Element, USSTRIKCOM, MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL.
Team Sgt. For communications team JTF 7, Middle East and Africa South of the Sahara.
Operations in Turkey and Congo. Assigned to cover Gemini launch and recovery operations
In the event of an emergency landing in unfriendly or hostile environments.
1967 “E” CO. SFTG, JFKCEN, Ft. Bragg, NC.
1968 Completed Phase I, O&I Branch TRNG, and Phase II. (11F4S)
1969 Assigned to “C” CO. 5th SFG, Da Nang, RVN
1969 Assigned ODA-109, Thong Duc, RVN (11F4S)
1970 Assigned to “B” CO 6th SFG, JFKCEN, FT. Bragg, NC. (11F4S, INTELL SGT)
June 1970 TDY to “OPERATION IVORY COAST” (AKA: SON TAY RAID, GREENLEAF ELEMENT)
1971 Attended “FARSI” language Lab, FT. Bragg, NC.
June 1971 TDY “Combined Special Forces Operation, Tehran, Iran.
1972 Assigned to Los Angeles District Recruiting Command as Field Recruiter in Pasadena, CA.
1974 Assigned to Assistant Operations SGT HQ LADRC and LAPD/LASO Liaison to screen enlistee applicants for criminal history.
1976 Assigned to LA Central Area as Assistant Area Commander.
1977 Assigned to San Fernando Recruiting Area as Assistant Area Commander.
1980 Retired at Ft. Carson, Colorado.
Slugger 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 14:59   #1638
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger 11 View Post
Vetting info for Professional Soldiers:

Jump School- 1959, 101st Airborne Division, Ft Campbell, KY.
1959 Command and Control Bn. 101st ABN DIV
1960 HQ CO. 2nd ABN Battle Group, 101st ABN
1962 “A” CO. ABN Platoon, 8th INF DIV, USAEUR
1964 “A” CO. Communications Support Element, USSTRIKCOM, MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL.
Team Sgt. For communications team JTF 7, Middle East and Africa South of the Sahara.
Operations in Turkey and Congo. Assigned to cover Gemini launch and recovery operations
In the event of an emergency landing in unfriendly or hostile environments.
1967 “E” CO. SFTG, JFKCEN, Ft. Bragg, NC.
1968 Completed Phase I, O&I Branch TRNG, and Phase II. (11F4S)
1969 Assigned to “C” CO. 5th SFG, Da Nang, RVN
1969 Assigned ODA-109, Thong Duc, RVN (11F4S)
1970 Assigned to “B” CO 6th SFG, JFKCEN, FT. Bragg, NC. (11F4S, INTELL SGT)
June 1970 TDY to “OPERATION IVORY COAST” (AKA: SON TAY RAID, GREENLEAF ELEMENT)
1971 Attended “FARSI” language Lab, FT. Bragg, NC.
June 1971 TDY “Combined Special Forces Operation, Tehran, Iran.
1972 Assigned to Los Angeles District Recruiting Command as Field Recruiter in Pasadena, CA.
1974 Assigned to Assistant Operations SGT HQ LADRC and LAPD/LASO Liaison to screen enlistee applicants for criminal history.
1976 Assigned to LA Central Area as Assistant Area Commander.
1977 Assigned to San Fernando Recruiting Area as Assistant Area Commander.
1980 Retired at Ft. Carson, Colorado.
Welcome aboard, brother.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 15:17   #1639
MR2
Quiet Professional

Welcome brother.

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:21   #1640
forc3 f3d
Asset

Hello, all! I have been lurking on this forum for a few months, and just recently became a member. I am a SGT, currently with 2nd Cavalry Regiment in my SQDN S6 (25U). I have been in the army for 4 and a half years now. Working with a recruiter now to attend SFAS in March/April '15.
forc3 f3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:42   #1641
aldaman8
Asset

Hello members! I'm a 19 year old sophomore in college currently attending the Woodlands, Texas Firefighting Academy and will be getting my EMT-B this summer. While I love the Fire service, I dream of being part of the SF family. I have been doing PT for 4 years, USMC ROTC, and training specifically for SFAS for several months (as of Sep. 2014). After I get out of Fire School, I plan on enlisting through the 18x program. While I'm open to His decisions, I believe God's plan for me is to become part of this elite group of men! Thank you SF guys for your sacrifice!

Alex Merrick
aldaman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 20:34   #1642
EatLiftRepeat
Asset

Hello everyone. I, like many, have been observing these forums for some time now and only recently decided to join the ranks. I'd like to give a huge thank you for the wealth of information freely offered here! I look forward to putting the wisdom of those that have gone before me into practice very soon. I'm shooting for SFAS in Mar/Apr 15 if all works out.

Cheers!
EatLiftRepeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:58   #1643
Ben S
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for a while, reading the posts and trying to learn as much as possible. I am currently an Armor officer and spent my time both as a Scout PL and Troop XO, currently in purgatory as the Squadron S1 since we don't have any AG officers in the unit.

I have a SFAS date in April and am focused on preperation both physically and mentally. Working my way through the THOR3 programming and then after christmas break will switch to the SORB prep program. I plan on finishing up physical preperation with the SF recruiters here on post for the last 6-7 weeks before the school date.

Mentally I am reading all the professional reading I can on SF and SOF trying to absorb all the information that I can. I will take the TABE test before I go and I don't expect any problems with that. I am also working on a graduate degree but I expect I will have to put that on hold if selected.

I am not really looking for any specific advice or guidance, pretty much all my questions have been answered through the forums, but anything additional would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading more posts and learning whatever I can before I report to Bragg. Thanks,

Ben
Ben S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 22:52   #1644
winesjh123
Asset

Introduction

22 year old in the 18x enlistment process. My goal is to be one of the coveted "Green Berets". I can and will do whatever I resolve to do. I know this will easily be the hardest task I will ever take on. Slacked off most of my life. Looked to what was comfortable, rather than helpful. I wish for nothing more in my life as of right now but to become a member of special forces within the next few years. Anyone in the Northern Virginia area (Not exclusive to, though), feel free to contact me as I would be more than grateful to learn from a member of SF or someone who is currently training for SF and perhaps train with them.
winesjh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:50   #1645
cjlara.89
Asset

Quick Intro

Good Day,

My name is Christian Lara I am 24 years old, born and raised in Southern California.

I was going to join the Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors as their Audio Engineer but failed to get selected after the audition. Right now I am considering joining the Army as an 42R-9X .

Joining Special Forces has been something I have always wanted to do since I was young, mainly for the purpose of helping those that do not have a voice and cannot be heard. 18D is something I can definitely see myself doing, though I know that it is not easy and comes with a lot of uphill battles as far as earning that MOS and the SF tab.

I hope to do as much research as I can and learn what it means to not only become Special Forces but to live as one as well.
cjlara.89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:58   #1646
Jourdan
Asset

Introduction

Good Morning,

I'm Jourdan. 29 year old Paramedic living in Chicago looking to get into the fight. Glad to have this website here which thus far has proved to be more than resourceful for training and motivation.

Any of ya'll in Chicago, PM me and your first bar tab is on me.. you just have to come to the bar I pour at is my only condition!

Jourdan
Jourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 15:51   #1647
Ezra8265
Asset

Hello, I've been a member awhile. Haven't felt the need to post as of yet so I didn't introduce myself. I'm 29 and headed to selection Oct14. I want to thank all those who've asked and answered questions. I've spilled over these conversations for years. And now I'm going. This website has been the best resource as of yet. Hell of an invention. I appreciate it and will most certainly continue to reap the harvest of this awesome brain buffet. Catch y'all down the road, and thank you once again.
Ezra8265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:53   #1648
TCT_Knives
Quiet Professional

New to Forum

Hey,
Darrin, recently retired with 26 yrs. Served 75th, 7th SFG, and JSOC. Now making knives part time and working back out at Bragg as a full time instructor.
www.facebook.com/tct.knives
TCT_Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 18:30   #1649
pizard
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,

I'm a college senior recently sworn into DEP with an 18X contract. I ship to OSUT in a little under a year; meanwhile I'm finishing up my degree and getting myself physically and mentally prepared for the demands of military service.

This past summer, I worked for a couple former Soldiers who were Infantry officers in the 75th. Knowing that I was an Army hopeful, They encouraged me to look into the 18X program. After a few months of internet research, phone calls, and face-to-face conversations with current and former Quiet Professionals, I made my commitment and enlisted as an X-ray.

The FID aspect of the SF mission is what really drew me. Foreign languages and cultures have always been an interest of mine, and teaching is one of my great passions. I see the path ahead of me as a way to combine these loves and be a positive contributor on a global stage.

Best Regards.
pizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 19:17   #1650
MrMojok
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,

I work in IT, and live in Los Angeles. I was in the USMCR for about eleven years, half a lifetime ago. There isn't really anything too interesting about my prior military service. I Deployed with my first unit during the '91 Gulf War; we were a reserve TOW missile company that was CHOPd to the 2d Tank Battalion prior to the start of the ground war.

I enjoy reading military history, about Special Forces in particular, and it was a Google search that led me to this site some three years ago. I have read the boards pretty regularly since then. I never did post an intro, so I thought I would do so now, even though I don't really have anything to add to the discussions here.

Thanks for having me.
MrMojok is offline   Reply With Quote