Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 06-25-2020, 11:23   #106
Paslode
Area Commander

I believe BLM is just a front group, it brings in donations, ActBlue processes the payments and other groups syphon off the proceeds. More like a money laundering operation under guise of non-profits.
Old 06-26-2020, 19:26   #107
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
I believe BLM is just a front group, it brings in donations, ActBlue processes the payments and other groups syphon off the proceeds. More like a money laundering operation under guise of non-profits.
From a letter in the Sheridan Press:
Quote:
In the SP, Caitlin Addlesperger encouraged us to donate. (See Addlesperger's column here.) When one clicks the donate link on the BLM website up comes ActBlue Charities, whose self-proclaimed mission is to “enable Democrats and progressive groups.” Of the millions donated to BLM a large amount reportedly has ended up in the coffers of the Democrat National Committee.
Full disclosure: the link in the original cited article now doesn't go to ActBlue. They keep coming up on the radar, though. These folks are very good at this, and they have a ton of these "shell" operations.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:45   #108
Box
Quiet Professional

I don't understand why so many people refuse to accept that organizations like these are NOT activists.
They are revolutionaries.

Listen to them.
...go deeper - don't just "listen" to them HEAR what they have to say. They will not stop. They can't be bargained with. If you meet their demands they will move the goalposts and ask for more.

...or you could continue to listen to people like Snuffalupagus or a bunch of retired generals that got their stars by playing the long game through 8 years of Obama activism

Your choice - you be the judge
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:11   #109
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I don't understand why so many people refuse to accept that organizations like these are NOT activists.
They are revolutionaries.

Listen to them.
...go deeper - don't just "listen" to them HEAR what they have to say. They will not stop. They can't be bargained with. If you meet their demands they will move the goalposts and ask for more.

...or you could continue to listen to people like Snuffalupagus or a bunch of retired generals that got their stars by playing the long game through 8 years of Obama activism

Your choice - you be the judge
^^^^this...

It is a constant long running battle of subversion, conversion and attrition.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:45   #110
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz View Post
^^^^this...

It is a constant long running battle of subversion, conversion and attrition.
Yes. They will not stop. They are True Believers™. No silver bullet, no crucifixes, wooden stakes, or garlic amulets. You may not be interested in them but they are most definitely interested in you. As biofuel perhaps. Drive the solution set from that.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:17   #111
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Yes. They will not stop. They are True Believers™. No silver bullet, no crucifixes, wooden stakes, or garlic amulets. You may not be interested in them but they are most definitely interested in you. As biofuel perhaps. Drive the solution set from that.
Most folks just want to live life and basically be left alone...

...they on the other hand, live for the cause de jour that subverts our western, constitutional republic, and yes capitalist way of life...they are committed...they are pervasive...they are entrenched...they are well funded...they are divisive...subversive little fucks...most are but useful idiots...

...shit, they tell you what they want...when you listen closely...when you truly hear them...hell, the last guy shouted from the bully pulpit of the friggen office of president of the United States...POWER...and THE fundamental transformation of the USA.

...and they are not going away.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 06-28-2020, 12:37   #112
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

GOING AWAY:

AGREE; They will have to be removed along with their germ cell line (Somatic cell) The Clintons already have a grandchild BHO & M won't be far behind ...
Old 06-29-2020, 02:39   #113
Flagg
Area Commander

If I had to classify ANTIFA in a single term, I’d have to go with “minor sabotage”:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_sabotage

Updated for the digital age, with greater operational altitude and less risk of reprisal.

Slices of the health sector, local government, and state government appear to have also read from the same m8nor sabotage playbook.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:27   #114
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
If I had to classify ANTIFA in a single term, I’d have to go with “minor sabotage”:

Updated for the digital age, with greater operational altitude and less risk of reprisal.

Slices of the health sector, local government, and state government appear to have also read from the same m8nor sabotage playbook.
Look up "propaganda of the deed"

Apply it to technology today.

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 13:47   #115
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagg View Post

Interesting observation - point well taken.

But, I think the phrase “minor sabotage” (particulary the use of the term minor) does a disservice to the reach of the ANTIFA movement.

The term “minor” itself tends to disarm or downplay the group’s activities to the average reader. It lulls them into into thinking these ANTIFA folks have no real influence.

They did, however, shut down free speech at a bastion of free speech (Berkeley)...and numerous other scheduled events at other major universities...not particularly minor. Not minor for the event(s) (and not minor for all those potential future events that never happened), not minor for the speaker(s), not minor for the audience(s), not really minor for the nation and not even minor for those who disagreed with the speakers.

The First Amendment takes a big hit from ANTIFA when they shut down free speech with violence or even the mere threat of violence. Folks do notice.

Regarding the suppression of free speech by the use of actual violence or merely the threat of violence on campus - ANTIFA appears to be a major player.

And as you well know, university campuses are battlegrounds for ideas - unless one group suppresses all discussion - and other groups follow ANTIFA’s lead.

ETA: How’s “Red Anarchists” or “AnarcoCommies” sound ?

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 06-29-2020 at 13:55.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:49   #116
tonyz
Area Commander

This story dovetails with the comments identifying extreme and heavy handed suppression of free speech on campus. It fits as well here as in any thread on the BLM movement or the subversion of historically enshrined ideals on campus and beyond.

Oh, the students are watching and learning...

<snip>

“In 30 years of teaching, I have never seen the level of fear among faculty over speaking or writing about current events, particularly if they do not agree with aspects of the protests. Not only is there a sense of forced silence but universities have been conspicuously silent in the face of the destruction of their own public art and statues. Even New York Times editors can be forced out for simply publishing opposing views.”

<snip>

UMass Nursing Dean Fired For Saying "Everyone's Life Matters"

Authored by Jonathan Turley,
Zerohedge
07/02/2020

We have been discussing the growing fear of professors and students over the loss of free speech on campuses for years, but recently those concerns have been greatly magnified with the investigation or termination of professors for expressing opposing views about police abuse, Black Lives Matter movement or aspects of the protests following the killing of George Floyd. There is a sense of a new orthodoxy that does not allow for dissenting voices as campaigns are launched to fire faculty who are denounced as insensitive or even racist for such criticism. The most recent controversy involves the recently installed University of Massachusetts-Lowell Dean of Nursing Leslie Neal-Boylan. Dr. Neal-Boylan had only been in her position for a few months when she was fired.

As a blog dedicated to free speech, it has been difficult to keep up with the rising number of cases of the curtailment of speech or academic freedom on our campuses. What is equally alarming is the relative silence of most faculty members as individual professors are publicly denounced by their universities, forced into retirement, or outright terminated for expressing dissenting views. This case however raises an equally serious concern over the loss of due process for academics who find themselves the focus of a campaign for removal — or simply summary dismissal.

Dr. Neal-Boylan was heralded last September as a “visionary leader” by the university in taking over the deanship. Her writings include strong advocacy for those with disabilities in the nursing field. Those writings show tremendous empathy and concern for inclusivity in the profession.

This controversy began when Dr. Neal-Boylan wrote the email which started with the following words:

“Dear SSON Community,” the email provided to Campus Reform begins.

“I am writing to express my concern and condemnation of the recent (and past) acts of violence against people of color. Recent events recall a tragic history of racism and bias that continue to thrive in this country. I despair for our future as a nation if we do not stand up against violence against anyone. BLACK LIVES MATTER, but also, EVERYONE’S LIFE MATTERS. No one should have to live in fear that they will be targeted for how they look or what they believe.”

One can understand that many felt that the statement detracted from the need to focus on the treatment and loss of black lives. However, one can also read these words as a nursing dean expressing opposition to all violence.

However, the email was immediately denounced in a tweet as “uncalled for” and “upsetting” by “Haley.” The university quickly responded to Haley and

“Haley – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The university hears you and we believe black lives matter. See the letter the chancellor sent out Monday.”

The letter is a statement in support of Black Lives Matter. Soon thereafter the University reportedly fired Dr. Neal-Boylan.

University spokesperson Christine Gillette issued a statement to the site Campus Reform Wednesday that stated

“The university ended the employment of Dr. Neal-Boylan on June 19 after 10 months in her role as dean of the Solomont School of Nursing. As with all such decisions, it was made in the best interest of the university and its students.”

What is particularly concerning is a June 19 letter referenced on the site that was allegedly written by Neal-Boylan and sent to Provost Julie Nash. The letter states

“It is important to point out that no one ever gave me an opportunity to share my views of how the college and school were interacting nor explain myself regarding the BLM email. My meeting with you, [Dean] Shortie [McKinney], and Lauren Turner was clearly not intended to give me an opportunity to defend my actions. I was condemned without trial.”

The statement from the university does not state what specifically is “in the best interest of the university and its students.” However, the failure to specifically state the grounds and the process used to reach the decision is alarming. The University let the public record stand — and the view that Dr. Neal-Boylan was fired for expressing the view that “Black Lives Matter, but also Everyone’s Life Matters.”

What is “in the best interest of the university and its students” should include free speech and due process. The mere fact that we do not know if Dr. Neal-Boylan was afforded either right is chilling. If there were other grounds against her, the university should state so. Instead, the clear message to faculty is that the dean was fired for expressing concerns over the loss of lives across the country in these protests.

I can understand the sensitivity to those who feel that the inclusion of other lives tends to take away the focus on the need for action on the treatment of African-Americans in our society. However, it is possible that, as a leading health care figure, Dr. Neal-Boylan was speaking out to seek to end all violence in the protection of human life. Medical and health care professionals tend to oppose all loss of life and violence. The question is whether an academic should be able to express such a view and, equally importantly, whether there is a process through which a professor can defend herself in explaining the motivation and intended meaning of her words.

The uncertainty over the process used in this case creates an obvious chilling effect for other faculty members. In 30 years of teaching, I have never seen the level of fear among faculty over speaking or writing about current events, particularly if they do not agree with aspects of the protests. Not only is there a sense of forced silence but universities have been conspicuously silent in the face of the destruction of their own public art and statues. Even New York Times editors can be forced out for simply publishing opposing views.

As we have previously discussed, chilling effects on free speech has long been a focus of the Supreme Court. Free speech demands bright line rules to flourish. The different treatment afforded faculty creates an obviously chilling effect on free speech. Avoiding the chilling effect of potential punishment for speech is a core concern running through Supreme Court cases. For example, in 1964, the Supreme Court struck down the law screening incoming mail. A unanimous court, Justice William Douglas rejected the law as “a limitation on the unfettered exercise of the addressee’s First Amendment rights.” It noted that such review “is almost certain to have a deterrent effect” on the free speech rights of Americans, particularly for “those who have sensitive positions:”

Obviously, many of these school are private institutions but freedom of speech and academic freedom have long been the touchstones of the academy. What concerned me most was that I could not find a university statement on a matter that resulted in the canning of one of its deans — just an ominous note that the page of Dr. Neal-Boylan can no longer be found.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...s-life-matters

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 07-03-2020 at 08:53.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:17   #117
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Quite possibly

https://capitalresearch.org/article/...money-machine/

But nearly all the money ActBlue Charities and ActBlue Civics paid out is reported generically in one lump, as “passed-through contributions”—meaning those ActBlue nonprofits don’t have to disclose which groups they passed money to or how much each group received in total.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:17   #118
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Quite possibly

https://capitalresearch.org/article/...money-machine/

But nearly all the money ActBlue Charities and ActBlue Civics paid out is reported generically in one lump, as “passed-through contributions”—meaning those ActBlue nonprofits don’t have to disclose which groups they passed money to or how much each group received in total.
I have noticed that there are quite a number of groups that 'pass through' Act Blue. I would not be surprised that many of the 'Donors' have no clue their organization of choice is actually just a store front for another cause....Glenn Beck has reverted back to his old ways mapping the pipeline that in many, many cases leads back to The Tides Foundation, Open Societies and you know who.

I have gingerly discussed this and the riots with a few 'Suburban Soccer Moms' who are focused on any warm body other than President Trumps. Diversion of donations and bogus charity fronts gets comments of 'That's not right'.

Continuing a bit off topic, but it's related..

These are all very intelligent women, without them their husbands would be completely lost. As more than one has said my husband doesn't know the working end of a screw driver. Promptness, reliability, work ethic and talking with them, not to them are key. A month ago one went out her way to let me know how much she trusted me. Trust equates to security. At present having a husband that brings in a good incomes equates to security, it ensures a roof over their head, food on the table and a stable environment for a family....if things were to go off the rails in the US, these Soccer Moms idea of security might change from bread winners to ass kickers.

So I've been wondering what security does a Joe Biden with dementia offer that President Trump doesn't?
Old 07-26-2020, 14:18   #119
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

SECURITY and Joe Biden?

"If you don't fire the prosecutor, You don't get the billion" ! Joe has slid further south of the cognitive line needed to control necessary body functions. He can wear pampers to hide pissing himself, BUT there is nothing that can be done too slow and hide the increasing loss of control of his mind and thought process. He is at a point where a railroad tank car of Prevagen can't help. SAY GOOD-BYE JOE.
Old 07-26-2020, 16:37   #120
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
.if things were to go off the rails in the US, these Soccer Moms idea of security might change from bread winners to ass kickers.

So I've been wondering what security does a Joe Biden with dementia offer that President Trump doesn't?
As well it should. I'd take an ass kicker any day

None, it is absolutely frightening to think of Biden winning the election.