Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 10-08-2015, 08:32   #1981
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS 1389 View Post
Greetings.

Aspiring SEAL here.
So you're tough like bull and smart as one too? Why SEAL? (And please don't tell me you met a "Crossfit or personal trainer" that said he was a SEAL.....)
Old 10-08-2015, 08:53   #1982
KJS 1389
Asset

Lolz no, although at my gym there's a guy that tried it on me. Originally wanted to to SF because my aunt's son sold me on the idea(he told me if you're to join, then join the best), but after watching the 2 Weeks In Hell doc on Discovery, changed my mind. Absolute respect to you tough bastards. BUD/s didn't seem easier, but it seemed like a better fit.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:25   #1983
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS 1389 View Post
Lolz no, although at my gym there's a guy that tried it on me. Originally wanted to to SF because my aunt's son sold me on the idea(he told me if you're to join, then join the best), but after watching the 2 Weeks In Hell doc on Discovery, changed my mind. Absolute respect to you tough bastards. BUD/s didn't seem easier, but it seemed like a better fit.
You were doing great right up until the time you quoted the "Discovery Channel".

Next thing you're going to tell me is that you get your local news from watching the kardashians and political opinion from the low life left-wing comedian bill maher.

Anyway welcome aboard. And turn off the TV.
Old 10-08-2015, 22:15   #1984
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Battcat

This is the intro thread. It is for intros. QPs can make comments so let's ratchet it back young RANGER.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:42   #1985
Thamez7
Asset

Intro.

Greetings,

My name is Matt. I have been serving as an 11B for five years now. Was in Iraq the last five months it was open, then deployed to Afghan. RC East on a Security Forces Advise & Assist Team. I enjoy the military and plan to do the 20, but hopefully not all on the conventional side.

Thamez7
Thamez7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:24   #1986
bonspy
Asset

A quick introduction

Folks, you have my respect and deep appreciation for all that SF has done and will do to serve this great country of ours.
My Dad was 82nd Airborne and was recruited to go SF when I was a baby, however the imminent arrival of my sister, 4 years after my birth and the loud objections of my mother forced him to decline serving as a Green Beret and going directly to Vietnam. As I understand it my mother wanted no parts of my Dad going off to Vietnam while she would be left alone to raise 2 children and that's why Dad never got to serve in SF. Regardless, he was my hero then and is still to this day. As a boy I was outfitted with "fatigues" , just like Pop's and I chose to have it topped off with a Green Beret like my Dad was going to wear. Those were my favorite clothes to wear back then, even though Dad decided not to go SF.
Years later I joined the military and eventually wound up serving our country in a different manner.
I wanted to thank you all for the opportunity to "join" this site and learn more about the SF community.
As I'm now retired I have the time to devote to a passion of mine and that is writing. I am currently researching to write a historical fiction about a family who has served our country in a variety of Special Operations facets dating back to the Revolutionary War and continues to serve this country in that capacity in the war on terror we are currently waging. So time here is primarily about that historical perspective and being as accurate in the portrayal as I can be.
Additionally my family supports a few charitable organizations that deal directly with Special Operations families. The Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Navy SEAL Foundation and CIA Memorial Foundation are the philanthropic organizations that we primarily support.
The other reason I'm here is that I occasionally see news stories involving Special Operations that I have questions about and it makes sense to me to go to the source and see if these stories are drawing the attention of your community as well.
That covers it for me, if you notice me at all it will be just in posing questions that only someone who is active in your community can truly answer. Again, you have my respect, appreciation and my sincere thanks for all you do. Vaya con Dios.
Old 10-12-2015, 16:39   #1987
Hoosier1
Asset

Introduction

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks to everyone who came together to make this site happen. The enormous amount of information displayed here is priceless. Most every question I could fathom about SFAS or Special Forces has been answered here in some form or another, so I can't see myself posting much if at all.

Secondly, my plan is to pursue a Rep-63 contract with the National Guard upon my return stateside (currently TDY Afghanistan). I've been fortunate enough to work with Special Forces groups downrange (w/ USSOCOM program called MTRC) since early 2011, and made a few great friends along the way. Possibly even worked with some members on this site.

Not much else to say really. I'm a DoD civilian who works with test & eval./building/repairing/ lasers, night vis. & other various military EO.

Thanks.
Hoosier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 20:20   #1988
Moc
Asset

Introduction:

Hey y'all,

I will start by giving my thanks for all who have served and to all who will serve.

I am honestly just thankful for the opportunity that this site offers me. I have been reading the forums for a few months now and decided to join just a few days ago. It is very humbling having access to all the experience that is on this site.

Currently, I am in my sophomore year of college. I joined this site to gain as much knowledge and to listen to as much as advice as I can. My goal is Special Forces. My current struggle is deciding whether or not I should finish my degree first. I will be making a thread about my situation. I am mostly looking for straightforward, honest advice right now. And that seems to be a strong suit of most members of this site. Any feedback is appreciated, other than that, I will mostly be here reading and not posting until I make that next step. Thank you all for your time.

-Moc

Last edited by Moc; 10-12-2015 at 21:03.
Moc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 20:58   #1989
trkracer123
Asset

Introduction

Good afternoon Gentleman,

Thank you for allowing me as a guest on your site and the opportunity to glean information about your community.

I hope to one day make a transition to SF and have already learned a great deal of information from all of your great insight while lurking here.

I am a Captain in the USMC, Cobra Pilot, and am here to learn.

Thank you.
trkracer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 21:08   #1990
ddh1809
Asset

I am a 21 year old college senior. After graduation this coming spring, I plan on pursuing an 18x contract.
ddh1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:34   #1991
Charlesjn1989
Asset

Very interested in SF, Here to learn.

Hello everybody,

First, thank you all for your service. Second, thank you all for taking the time to answer questions from us wannabes.

I am in the process of enlisting in the GA ARNG currently. I have had some shoulder surgeries and am fighting to get my med waivers right now. Shoulders are firing on all cylinders now and I am ready to rock. I was denied once already, but it turns out the denial was because my waiver request was submitted improperly.

I am very interested in becoming a Special Forces Soldier. Once i come back from 11B OSUT (there is no "if," I will not give up until they let me in), I plan to spend the next year preparing to go to the SFRE with 20th Group in either AL or FL. I joined this forum to gather information from the people who have been there and succeeded.

Thank you in advance for helping me, and others, succeed. I will get there one day, and I will be sure to thank everyone who has helped me along the way.

Charles
Old 10-25-2015, 08:31   #1992
SittingElf
Auxiliary

Greetings and Salutations!....

I'm a 59 year old Professional Helicopter Pilot, and from the day I was born at the Ft. Benning hospital where my dad was a Basic Training Company Commander, I have had an ID (CAC) card of one color or another. Yellow, Green, Red, and back to yellow!

Spent most of my youth growing up back and forth in Japan, where my father was a DIA spook, and culminated his career as the Commander of the 500th MI Group, running HUMINT ops throughout Asia. Returning to the USA, I graduated High School in 1973, a year early, and at the ridiculously tender age of 17 years and 20 days, I reported to Ft. Ord for basic training. (I even remember my company....B-3-1!)

Finishing that, I was off to Ft. Sam for 91B school, and had my first interactions with SF; those who were in the 300F1 course. Boy, did I WANT that! Age was the problem, so off to Tripler AMC in Hawaii where I got involved in the Saigon Evac ops.

EOD Phase 1 followed at Redstone, and after $$ cuts, I was sent back to med field and ended up with the 498th Med Co (Air Amb) at Benning. Some of you old farts who misjudged your landings at Fryer Field may have had the pleasure of my tender loving care! (For you 18D's, we were the first to "experiment" with inflatable splints). Got a lot of experience with neonates doing MAST missions, and was in one of the first EMT III courses that preceded Paramedic designations.

Got tired of looking into the cockpit as a passenger, and applied for WOC Flight School. Upon graduation, I was held at Rucker for the Cobra course, which became my primary aircraft. (Went from "saving" lives, to actively "taking" lives... and OH MAN>>>> do I LOVE blowing shit up!).
Next to 503rd CAB in Hanau Germany for three years where I loved REFORGERS; participated in the 4-day marches in Netherlands each year, and completed the 100km/24hr Death March in Belgium two years in a row. Fun Fun!

Ft Ord next where I was in 7th ID, but attached to CDEC doing REALLY fun R&D and testing stuff, traveling all over the country from Yuma to Washington. Included the OH58-D, initial Apache configurations, the cancelled LHX, and other non-flying equipment tests. Left active duty and remained IRR until just a few years ago.

Flew in the Gulf of Mexico for a number of years for the oil companies, and had the distinct pleasure of the company of my favorite co-pilot...one of your alumni as well as the 160th's. Great friend...(That would by YOU, Vandy...if you're here on the site!)

Recruited out of the Gulf by Blackwater Aviation, where I spent the next five years; the last two as the Chief Pilot after the aviation side became AAR Airlift. Resigned when my Active Duty Air Force Wife returned from Bagram Deployment and was unexpectedly assigned to Germany as the Air Evac Chief Nurse. (I had to go to A'stan regularly to fly with my guys and show the company colors, but I told people that I was probably the ONLY American who was willingly going to the country in the hope of getting "lucky"!)

Now flying heavy helicopters on a month-on, month-off rotation in Boko Haram's playground. (Nigeria), and otherwise being a "camp-follower". Wife is a lock for O-6 next month, so we're probably still in for another 3-5 years. Sucks being away, but I get to spend a lot of time with my 8 YO son who just received his first rifle and started learning the fine points of safety and marksmanship on his birthday.

While I never had the opportunity to challenge the Q course, I have nonetheless had the honor of being a small spoke in the wheel in support. I have FLOWN you, flown WITH you, air-dropped TO you, rescued you, treated you, and covered you, but I'm still second-tier COMPARED to you! Lots of respect FOR you.

Damn glad to BE here! Cheers!
SittingElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 16:52   #1993
garythagreat
Asset

Introductions

I am a 24 y/o reserve soldier who has been interested in the SF community for the past year and I'm starting to take action now. I'm here to read and absorb as much as I can from the Professional Soldiers site. Much respect to all the men who've earned the title of "Green Beret", I aspire to be like you.

Last edited by garythagreat; 10-25-2015 at 16:55.
garythagreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 14:03   #1994
PMPT
Asset

I am a 25 year old naturalized US citizen that is seeking a commission in the US Army. I am very interested by the work and discipline of SF soldiers and have come to this site to learn as much about your work as possible. I speak French and German fluently, am learning Russian and Arabic (the latter extremely slowly), and have dabbled in latin and ancient greek. I also speak Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Indon conversationally.
PMPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 15:18   #1995
TheHulk
Asset

Interested Rep-63

Hello All!

Im a 29yr old male in South Texas and I have been giving serious thought about going SF through the guard (there is a NG group out of Camp Bullis). I have been absorbing as much information on this forum for quite some time and I thank the mods for providing such a valuable resource. I have been able to answer many questions utilizing the search function on the forum which is ofcourse extremely helpful.

I am married with a son and a daughter on the way and the wife is still on the fence about me joining, but I know she will ultimately support the decision to join. I have read most books about ARMY SF, specifically about the process it takes and appreciate the "Cast or Tab" mentality. Ofcourse this is my first post after being on the forum for a few years and I look forward towards the journey!
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote