Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Old 09-08-2018, 16:17   #1
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Serena melt down! (The face of Nike)

Serena Williams comes to blows with umpire in U.S. Open women's final - Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ens-final.html

Sportsmanship award of the day!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 17:08   #2
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, had been accused of giving hand signals illegally in the first set.

Mouratoglou said after the game: 'Not once in my life have I ever been called a coaching violation'.

On ESPN Mouratoglou later admitted he was coaching, but insisted that his player had not seen him and also maintained that Osaka had also received coaching from the box, which is against the rules.
Jesse Jackson and AL Sharpton will help, I'm sure..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 19:17   #3
Box
Quiet Professional

I'm just confused - did she really pull her 'gender card' during a womens event?

She was playing a female bracket against a female opponent and the judge treated her poorly because she is a woman?

I just cannot wrap my head around that one.
...but its tennis - tennis is just ping pong played with both competitors standing on the table

It's just another flavor of sportsball - blah blah blah - help me I'm being oppressed in my multimillion dollar job
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 21:29   #4
CSB
Quiet Professional

When it said "comes to blows" I was looking for a punch, a kick, at least "passin a few licks" as my clients say in Tennessee. That wasn't nothing but a bit of roostering and some trash talking.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:54   #5
JimP
Quiet Professional

actually, I read several articles and was wondering why she hadn't pulled the race card. When I saw her opponent on the news it clicked: she COULDN'T go there....

so....she whines about not cheating (her coach admitted they were); and, cries about having sand in her Hoo.

Worthless, petty, narcissistic, entitled beee-yotch. She should run for Obama's past position.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:27   #6
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
actually, I read several articles and was wondering why she hadn't pulled the race card. When I saw her opponent on the news it clicked: she COULDN'T go there....

so....she whines about not cheating (her coach admitted they were); and, cries about having sand in her Hoo.

Worthless, petty, narcissistic, entitled beee-yotch. She should run for Obama's past position.

To be clear...

Williams has successfully won every major tennis award for ever., including 24 majors.

She has more wins than any female player and probably will never lose that record.

She has a net worth of over 200 million dollars.

Her husband is a millionaire in his own right.

Her coach admitted to passing signs from off court and paid a substantial fine.

AND this is the way she acts when caught cheating..

She probably will run for office,, and collect another 100 million or so.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:49   #7
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
To be clear...

Williams has successfully won every major tennis award for ever., including 24 majors.

She has more wins than any female player and probably will never lose that record.

She has a net worth of over 200 million dollars.

Her husband is a millionaire in his own right.

Her coach admitted to passing signs from off court and paid a substantial fine.

AND this is the way she acts when caught cheating..

She probably will run for office,, and collect another 100 million or so.
Does she have her Nike contract yet...?

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:25   #8
rsdengler
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Does she have her Nike contract yet...?
"Just Do It Serena.....Even if it means Whining about being caught as a Cheat...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I'm just confused - did she really pull her 'gender card' during a womens event?
Wait....I'm confused...."gender card"...Are you saying that Serena is really a she? Really, never could tell.....just saying.... LOL

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:04   #9
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

I liked Martina Navratilova's comment.

We cannot measure ourselves by what we think we should also be able to get away with," Navratilova wrote. "In fact, this is the sort of behavior that no one should be engaging in on the court."

I am tired of the excuse everyone else gets away with it, I should too. I'm ok with breaking the rules and even laws when they are stupid/useless, but when you get caught and others don't, quit crying about it.

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:25   #10
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Navratilova is not the only one telling the brat to sit down

Chir Evert said she not only saw the coach signalling, but Chris knew what he was saying??

Quote:
During the broadcast, ESPN analyst Chris Evert said she believed Williams' coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, was instructing her to get to the net with more frequency (h/t SportsNet New York's Adam Zagoria). ThinkProgress' Lindsay Gibbs also thought the violation was warranted

Old 09-11-2018, 15:06   #11
rubberneck
Area Commander

Apparently nobody ever bothered to tell her that big boy (in her case big girl) rules apply when cheating. She got caught and was warned. Instead of taking her warning like an adult she smashed her racquet on he court in a temper tantrum. That cost her the point not the cheating and then to call the official a thief for enforcing the rules cost her the game. She could have chose to act like an adult and there would have been no issues other than the warning. All these people crying about how unfairly she was treated make me sick. Don’t cheat, and if you do don’t act like an asshole when you get caught.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 15:13   #12
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
Apparently nobody ever bothered to tell her that big boy (in her case big girl) rules apply when cheating. She got caught and was warned. Instead of taking her warning like an adult she smashed her racquet on he court in a temper tantrum. That cost her the point not the cheating and then to call the official a thief for enforcing the rules cost her the game. She could have chose to act like an adult and there would have been no issues other than the warning. All these people crying about how unfairly she was treated make me sick. Don’t cheat, and if you do don’t act like an asshole when you get caught.
No different than glaring at an umpire, or even mumbling while you walk away about a shitty strike call. Slam your bat & throw your helmet on the ground there at the plate...? That'll get you the old heave-ho, everytime.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:34   #13
cat in the hat
Quiet Professional

I've always disliked the general attitude of "others get away with it, I should get away with it too"

Pretty sure that attitude and the juvenile mouth to go with it has helped countless 17 year old turn a warning into a ticket during a traffic stop.
I guess some of us learn early and some think they are entitled cause they are good at a game

American on the inside, useful on the outside
cat in the hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 14:56   #14
ddoering
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
Bitches be crazy.
ddoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 20:52   #15
Sdiver
Area Commander

I miss the old days of John McEnroe's melt downs.
They were truly "colorful" ...
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote